Romantic dinners

afnaechiquita

DIS Veteran
What restaurants are good for a romantic dinner? I saw people mention Blue Bayou, but I looked at the menu and it doesn't fit my picky palate! For background, I'm going with my DBF over a weekend in early May. We are pacific ocean-long distance and I want to plan for a nice dinner our last night together :-)().

Thank you, as always! I just booked my flight a couple days ago so now it's a really real trip!! :yay:

What restaurants are good for a romantic dinner? I saw people mention Blue Bayou, but I looked at the menu and it doesn't fit my picky palate! For background, I'm going with my DBF over a weekend in early May. We are pacific ocean-long distance and I want to plan for a nice dinner our last night together :-)().

Thank you, as always! I just booked my flight a couple days ago so now it's a really real trip!! :yay:

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Catal in DTD.

It would be easier to recommend if you could suggest what kind of food you like. Steak, seafood, pasta, vegetarian? Most of the nice romantic restaurants serve very good food though reading the menu may seem complex. Blue bayou has great ambience.

BraveMom said:
It would be easier to recommend if you could suggest what kind of food you like. Steak, seafood, pasta, vegetarian? Most of the nice romantic restaurants serve very good food though reading the menu may seem complex. Blue bayou has great ambience.

Picky palate could be anything, i know, so i should have specified. Blue bayou was off as I mainly eat chicken, but not when it's still on the bone, and it looked like the one chicken option was served that way. The veggie option was centered on mushrooms, which I don't eat. I also don't eat seafood or red meat, but DBF loves it.

I haven't looked at the other menus selected yet but will later. I appreciate any suggestions. Italian would be great. No Asian/Indian/Persian, as that's what we get where I live and I want a break!

I would second Napa Rose. Also I like Steakhouse and for Italian I do like Wine Country Trattoria.

I'm so picky, too! Oh my goodness. DBF and I are going in 19 days, and I'm trying to find a place too. I'm thinking Rainforest Cafe. It's not super romantic, but it's fun and actually has food that I'll eat.

Picky palate could be anything, i know, so i should have specified. Blue bayou was off as I mainly eat chicken, but not when it's still on the bone, and it looked like the one chicken option was served that way. The veggie option was centered on mushrooms, which I don't eat. I also don't eat seafood or red meat, but DBF loves it.

I haven't looked at the other menus selected yet but will later. I appreciate any suggestions. Italian would be great. No Asian/Indian/Persian, as that's what we get where I live and I want a break!

yes, the chicken at BB is on the bone BUT it was one of the best pieces of chicken I've EVER had! lol I don't eat chicken on the bone that much either, I occasionally bake a full chicken but really prefer boneless/skinless. Tesoro Island Chicken is amazing, it really is. Just so you know. :)

For romance I'd go with BB, CCTR, NR, SH55, Catal (DTD) Uva Bar (DTD) or even Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen (DTD, food is amazing, ask for a seat upstairs on the terrace).

At the Disneyland Resort, Napa Rose, Carthay Circle, and Steakhouse 55 are top-notched, and you pay for it. I also like Catal, and think it would be a very romanitic restaurant. Another one that I rate highly is the Jazz Kitchen, upstairs.

I would second Napa Rose. Also I like Steakhouse and for Italian I do like Wine Country Trattoria.

Wine Country Trattoria looks nice - it's a package deal for WoC, right? How does it work? Similar to the Fantasmic package? I've never done it, but it always looks so convenient.

I'm so picky, too! Oh my goodness. DBF and I are going in 19 days, and I'm trying to find a place too. I'm thinking Rainforest Cafe. It's not super romantic, but it's fun and actually has food that I'll eat.

Would you believe I'm actually so picky I've never really even liked Rainforest? It's true :P I want somewhere a little quieter too, but thanks for the suggestion!!

yes, the chicken at BB is on the bone BUT it was one of the best pieces of chicken I've EVER had! lol I don't eat chicken on the bone that much either, I occasionally bake a full chicken but really prefer boneless/skinless. Tesoro Island Chicken is amazing, it really is. Just so you know. :)

For romance I'd go with BB, CCTR, NR, SH55, Catal (DTD) Uva Bar (DTD) or even Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen (DTD, food is amazing, ask for a seat upstairs on the terrace).

Sometimes I can try it, and I'll get a good portion of the meat off before I give up!! The Southern Fried Chicken at Jazz Kitchen looks really good though - maybe for another night while we're there! Thanks!

If you can drive 10 minutes from the Disneyland Resort I would recommend The Cellar. Yes it isn't at the DLR, but some of the Imagineers that worked on Pirates worked on this restaurant.

Very good food and by far the most romantic.

http://www.cellardining.com/

We're staying off-site so yeah, we can drive anywhere! That place looks amazing, and I think DBF would really like it too. The picky palate is turning its nose at some of the entrees, but the salads and soups and other things look enough to be filling. That might be it :thumbsup2

At the Disneyland Resort, Napa Rose, Carthay Circle, and Steakhouse 55 are top-notched, and you pay for it. I also like Catal, and think it would be a very romanitic restaurant. Another one that I rate highly is the Jazz Kitchen, upstairs.

Like above, I think I might check out the Jazz Kitchen for another night! DBF loves live music, so he'd really like that. Thanks!!

Yes, the last time we went there was a package deal for WOC with Wine Country. I don't know if it has changed as we did this a little over a year ago. However, IMO, it wasn't worth the price. You had to order off a set menu and the "tickets" were basically the same as FP. We did FP on our next visit for WOC and the Picnic package the time after that and those were much better deals. We actually got better views on those last two trips then on the fixed price menu ticket. Also I didn't really care for the special menu for the WOC meal. They may have changed it this year, so someone correct me if that is no longer true. I like the restaurant and go there every trip, I just don't enjoy the package.

We're staying off-site so yeah, we can drive anywhere! That place looks amazing, and I think DBF would really like it too. The picky palate is turning its nose at some of the entrees, but the salads and soups and other things look enough to be filling. That might be it :thumbsup2

Like above, I think I might check out the Jazz Kitchen for another night! DBF loves live music, so he'd really like that. Thanks!!

In case you decide to head to the Cellar, know that the place is upscale so you might want to dress up a bit (nice pants, collar shirt, etc..) The normal theme park attire is accepted, but you may feel a bit out of place.

It also located and somewhat hidden (which makes it even better) in indoor outdoor retail location. Just try to follow the signs that will eventually lead you to a long staircase under the building. it is a Cellar afterall. :)

In regards to the Jazz Kitchen. Yes its AWESOME, but make sure you ask for a table in the band area. Not all that romantic, but fun.

Another fun, but not to rmantic spot is the Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar. A nice place to go after dinner. Especially if you love Disney theme park stuff.

Brisal73 said:
In case you decide to head to the Cellar, know that the place is upscale so you might want to dress up a bit (nice pants, collar shirt, etc..) The normal theme park attire is accepted, but you may feel a bit out of place.

It also located and somewhat hidden (which makes it even better) in indoor outdoor retail location. Just try to follow the signs that will eventually lead you to a long staircase under the building. it is a Cellar afterall. :)

In regards to the Jazz Kitchen. Yes its AWESOME, but make sure you ask for a table in the band area. Not all that romantic, but fun.

Another fun, but not to rmantic spot is the Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar. A nice place to go after dinner. Especially if you love Disney theme park stuff.

Dress code was going to be my next question! :)

Thanks for all the suggestions. The more I plan the less time it feels like between now and the trip! Now I know why people do PTRs :P

Carthay Circle is wonderful. We celebrated our anniversary there on Monday & we absolutely loved it. The Snow White theming gives it a romantic touch. My hubby is a picky meat & potatoes guy, & he won't stop raving about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter