romantic/cute/CHEAP tips for a first timer?

ceruleansummer

I'm sold!
My boyfriend and I are going to WDW together this May (16-21), and it's his first time. I want to surprise him & do something special to commemerate his first visit; but since we are both in college, there's no money in our budget to do something extravagant or pricey. Any tips for how I can make his trip feel like a million bucks without spending that much?!

Also, we are roadtrippin' from VA to FL (10-hour+ drive: yay!) down I-95S and want to know about any spots worth stopping at that would make the drive more fun. Any staple eateries, landmarks, etc?

Curling up in a hammock on the beach of the Poly to watch the Electrical water Pagent and wishes would make for a romantic and FREE evening!

I agree. If you're wanting something free then watching the fireworks on the beach behind the Poly. would probably be the best thing. The sand is white (kinda makes me think I'm in Hawaii) and you can see the castle of the Magic Kindgom at night and the fireworks which is something that he would def remember. It's pretty secluded too so he won't be focused on a bunch of other things.

I agree. If you're wanting something free then watching the fireworks on the beach behind the Poly. would probably be the best thing. The sand is white (kinda makes me think I'm in Hawaii) and you can see the castle of the Magic Kindgom at night and the fireworks which is something that he would def remember. It's pretty secluded too so he won't be focused on a bunch of other things.

That sounds really amazing! I can still access it if i'm not staying there, right? And I wouldn't mind spending a little bit of money because we got that deal where if you book 5 nights you get a gift card. Anything come to mind?

I think one of my favorite things was the first time we went together was curling up together to watch illuminations and then getting a cup of coffee we were able to take our time walking through the shops and town while everyone else was heading out.

My very favorite though was going to epcot in pouring rain I swear the park was empty and we loved it even though we were both soaking wet.
Also sneak a late night swim in the hotel pool its usually empty later in the evening. You can actually talk to each other without screaming at each other over the kids lol even just hanging out with your feet over the edge can be nice late at night.

We also bought wine at epcot asked for a few of those plastic wine glasses they give you and drank wine at the resort beach. It doesn't sound like much but it was nice to sit around and just hang back without being at a bar.

We always love going together. Enjoy doing silly things and letting the other see the true little kid in you.

We celebrated our 25th anniversary at WDW, and the most romantic moment was taking the boat launch back from dinner at Fort Wilderness. We were actually all by ourselves on the launch (except for the Captain, and he said he "wouldn't peek" LOL) He was so nice, he even went a little slower than usual since it was so late and no one was waiting. Just the two of us, cruising Bay Lake. Wish I was there! :lovestruc

we are planning to picnic on the beach a couple evenings for dinner then curl up in a hammock to watch the fireworks and feel the breeze. I love the hammocks.

Not romantic, but make sure you get him a "First Visit" button to commerate his trip. Then, just pay attention and see if there are any souveniors that seem to keep catching his eye. If you get a chance, sneak back to the store and buy it for him.

Curling up in a hammock on the beach of the Poly to watch the Electrical water Pagent and wishes would make for a romantic and FREE evening!

we are planning to picnic on the beach a couple evenings for dinner then curl up in a hammock to watch the fireworks and feel the breeze. I love the hammocks.

Both of you mentioned the hammocks at the Poly, which sound SUPER romantic :teeth: I'm assuming they're first-come-first-serve, so are they hard to get? Should we get there early or does it matter?

Ohh, as for landmarks for the drive down, nothing beats South of the Border. Its just like the name says, just south of the border between north and south carolina. Super cheesy, trashy, hilarious stop over. The billboards start advertising about 100 miles north of it. They are great! Have a great trip!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter