Romantic (and affordable!) things to do at Disney?

Magpie

DIS Veteran
My husband and I will be taking our first adults-only trip to Disney this December. We've been a few times before, but always with the kids (or once for a work conference that kept him pretty busy the entire time).

I noticed the thread below about wagon rides at Fort Wilderness and thought that sounded pretty neat.

What are some other things my husband and I can do together, that we may not have thought of? I've already booked the Keys to the Kingdom Tour for us, and dinner at CRT, so the budget's a bit tight.

Hi there,
Hubby & I are going in december as well.

We love going over to the Animal Kingdom Lodge, grabbing a drink and just strolling the grounds there. They are so beautiful. Often, we will just sit outside at the fire pit, or roam around and view the animals. After, you can always have dinner at Boma, or for something a bit more formal, Jiko. Both excellent.

My husband and I will be taking our first adults-only trip to Disney this December. We've been a few times before, but always with the kids (or once for a work conference that kept him pretty busy the entire time).

I noticed the thread below about wagon rides at Fort Wilderness and thought that sounded pretty neat.

What are some other things my husband and I can do together, that we may not have thought of? I've already booked the Keys to the Kingdom Tour for us, and dinner at CRT, so the budget's a bit tight.

drink/snack around the world, horse drawn carriage ride, fireworks dessert party, watch fireworks from Poly beach, split a sundae at Beaches and Cream, dine in movie, play mini golf, rent a bike/paddle boat/pontoon boat, wander around the different resorts/monorail bar hop, night at jellyolls

You're going to LOVE your grown-ups-only trip!

Lots of people are going to tell you CRT is not romantic. Well, don't believe them! We were seated at the two-person table right in the center of the window overlooking Fantasyland. Sure, there were kids everywhere, but we hardly noticed them. We planned to leave right after dinner and watch Wishes from outside, but our server encouraged us to stay...and I'm so glad we did! We both thought it was really magical watching the fireworks from inside the castle, and even with families all around, it really felt like our own, private show. :goodvibes

A couple of totally free things we did that were romantic:

-Stick around the park after Wishes ends. Let everyone clear out. Walk through the Rose Garden in front of the Castle, and dance together on the old Swan Boat dock.
-Head over to the Poly beach and watch the fireworks from there. Snuggle up on a beach chair and enjoy!

Walking along the front a Grand Floridian Resort and sitting outside the Contempory Resort is lovely. Also wandering around the Boardwalk and Yaght and Beach Cclub is romantic too.

drink/snack around the world, horse drawn carriage ride, fireworks dessert party, watch fireworks from Poly beach, split a sundae at Beaches and Cream, dine in movie, play mini golf, rent a bike/paddle boat/pontoon boat, wander around the different resorts/monorail bar hop, night at jellyolls

The OP is looking for something cheap :lmao:

You're going to LOVE your grown-ups-only trip!

Lots of people are going to tell you CRT is not romantic. Well, don't believe them! We were seated at the two-person table right in the center of the window overlooking Fantasyland. Sure, there were kids everywhere, but we hardly noticed them. We planned to leave right after dinner and watch Wishes from outside, but our server encouraged us to stay...and I'm so glad we did! We both thought it was really magical watching the fireworks from inside the castle, and even with families all around, it really felt like our own, private show. :goodvibes

A couple of totally free things we did that were romantic:

-Stick around the park after Wishes ends. Let everyone clear out. Walk through the Rose Garden in front of the Castle, and dance together on the old Swan Boat dock.
-Head over to the Poly beach and watch the fireworks from there. Snuggle up on a beach chair and enjoy!

I was going to suggest this as well. Grab a Dole Whip from the resort and head out to the beach to watch Wishes. All you have to buy is the Dole Whip (and the shot of rum at the bar next door to spice the Dole Whip up) ;)

I love all these suggestions! Thanks you, everyone. I'm making a list!

I too would suggest the horse drawn carriage ride at POR. We thought it was very romantic (and we had three small kids with us). :lmao: Plus, you can bring an adult beverage with you, very relaxing.

Trying drinks from different country while strolling around Epcot. In the morning coffee and danish from Main St Bakery and then sitting at a table in the shade and people watch as the crowd rushes with excitement up Main St. Stroll down pathway between Fantasy Land and Tomorrow Land. Early morning coffee at an outside table on the Boardwalk as you watch the day begin to unfold. Fireworks from Poly beach.

•Ride the ferry to the Magic Kingdom or take resort boats to the parks or Downtown Disney.
•Watch the sunset from the Grand Floridian and the Polynesian.
•Walk the Boardwalk or the pathway between Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Epcot

For us, it was just holding hands and walking leisurely through World Showcase. :lovestruc Being able to have a quiet meal without worrying about anyone else was nice.

Having a mickey bar for lunch if we wanted. ;) Sitting on a bench and just people-watching (and making up stories about the people we saw) was very entertaining and we didn't have to worry about kids getting bored or impatient to move on to something else.:rotfl:

We've also done the carriage ride at POR. That was fun, too. :)

Enjoy your trip. Disney without kids is a totally different experience. :wizard:

DH and I did this a couple years ago :-)

We watched Wishes from the Poly beach with an adult beverage. Went to a concert at the House of Blues DTD. We tried a couple of new-to-us restaurants at resorts where we hadn't yet stayed or eaten. Went to MNSSHP and rode rides with no lines late into the night

Honestly, just being able to walk holding hands and do what we wanted when we wanted was fabulous!

We will be going in December as well :) very interested in the carriage rides at Fort Wilderness!

Try a special tour (though, some are pricier than others). I like going resort exploring. Listen to the live Jazz music that they play in the GF in the evenings.

V&A's is very grown up but very pricey.

Since it's during the holiday season, spend an evening "monorail" hopping and check out all of the decorations at the resorts. Doesn't cost a thing and it's amazing to look at!

Hi,

For a reasonable priced dinner, try San Angel Inn(Mexico in EPCOT).
It's our favorate romantic place Have a great time:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter