Romancing The Mouse

peanut1967

DIS Veteran
Hi

I have emailed them twice, over the last 4 months, about booking with them but had no reply. Are they out of business? Just wondered, If they are still running then I am not sure I would now book with them due to lack of response, it doesn't make one feel very secure or safe to book with them. :(

Don't know if they are still there, but they were on Windsor Hills. There is plenty of choice on that community.

I don't know what's happening with Romancing the Mouse. When I was in Florida in June/July of this year I met up with them to view their homes and they are beautiful homes! That being said, I too have emailed them a few times since returning home (trying to find a two-three month rental this winter), and no response whatsoever. I wouldn't have hesitated renting from them after meeting Holly, and having her take the time to show us her homes in both Windsor Palms and Windsor Hills, but now find it terribly odd that I didn't receive responses to my emails as well. Unfortunately, I will have to direct my rental searches in a new direction.

I dont understand about the communication thing, when I first looked at the web site it stated that they home schooled there children, and his wife was a sahm, so surely when hes travelling she could answer the emails, they must be loosing lost of custom with the lack of communication.
What a shame...I will look else where...I was so looking forward the the strawberries, and cookies...looks like I need to get cooking.

If you are interested in windsor hills, I've always had good success with sending a request with my dates to www.windsorhillsrent.com You might as well look around while you are waiting to hear back.

I dont understand about the communication thing, when I first looked at the web site it stated that they home schooled there children, and his wife was a sahm, so surely when hes travelling she could answer the emails, they must be loosing lost of custom with the lack of communication.
What a shame...I will look else where...I was so looking forward the the strawberries, and cookies...looks like I need to get cooking.

It definitely is a family run business, and they both seemed to be very involved in taking care of their homes. Holly has decorated the homes beautifully (I jokingly asked her to come decorate my house) and they really have what I would call 5* homes. My impression was that they would not run their business by neglecting emails, so perhaps there is some other explanation for their lack of communication. But business is business, and if they aren't answering emails, one has to look elsewhere.

We would love to stay with them but our dates don't run Sunday through Saturday or whatever their requirement is.:sad1:

Update:
Received an email from Mark this morning....will reply once I get home tonight
thanks guys
Angie

I have stayed with them several times and have also rec. them to others here. I do know that I had some difficulty with email to them recently but found out there was a glitch in his system with SPAM etc. I enjoy staying with them and still rec. them. :goodvibes

Update:
Received an email from Mark this morning....will reply once I get home tonight
thanks guys
Angie

Hey Peanut,

I'm *so* glad you got a response back from Mark. We had a wonderful experience staying with them and I really feel comfortable reccomending them to people. I was worried something had happened to them when you said you hadn't heard from them over on TGM.

Like I said over on TGM a few months ago they had to go to a funeral out of state and it took a while for them to respond back to me, too. And if Mark's out of the country on business, it may take a week to hear.

Holly is wonderful and at home. Not sure why she doesn't answer the emails when he's away. She took care of us while we were there. Maybe he's just the "computer guy" in their family since that's the business he's in. LOL

:)

We would love to stay with them but our dates don't run Sunday through Saturday or whatever their requirement is.:sad1:

They break that requirement if you're within 21 days of your vacation and they have an opening.....but if you're like me.....there's noooooo wayyyyy I could wait that long to book and take that risk of not having anywhere to stay.

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter