Rolling Solo at Star Wars Weekend May 17th

adamellis

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone. We're going to be visiting family in central Florida in a few weeks, and I get to escape for a day to enjoy the first day of Star Wars Weekends on May 17th.

Any other SW geeks going to try to make it? This will be my first SWW, but a lifelong SW fan. Definitely interested in the exclusive merchandise. Anything I should know?

possible carbonite freezing booth if you can get a reservation. There are a couple of SWW threads on the theme park strategies that might give you some details from the past SWWs. And there is a one guy that does a comprehensive "blog" with maps on the first day, but that isn't going to help much for the first crucial hours.

Basically, if you want limited edition memorabillia (sp?) you will have to get there first thing in the morning. If you want an autograph from Darth Maul (Ray Park) the threads claim you need to get a Fastpass by 05:30 at the front of HS booths. (I might see you there since I have one boy who is a SW fan and hoping to get a couple of his Darth Maul stuff autographed. And I don't even know if Disney is going to allow that). The carbonite event incorporates 3D printing technology and looks to be around $100 but appears to be really popular so reservations are a must.

No one had replied to your question so I thought I would put in the little I know and hopefully you find the other threads (they have great information, but you will have to wade through a lot of posts to get to the nuggets of what will probably be "true" for SWW 2013).

Cheers!

Roehl

Thanks for the information. I'll check out the other threads. I'm planning on hitting the merchandise first thing to get a few items. I'll look into the carbonite thing you mentioned. Sounds interesting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter