Rollaway help!

jlm1006

Earning My Ears
We just booked a split stay at WDW, 4 nights at POR and 4 nights at WL. There are four of us, and we have a 13-yr old boy, 11-yr old girls who do not want to share a bed.

Last March we stayed for a few nights at POFQ and they brought us a rollaway, no problem. However, the reservationist at Disney Travel Co. said tonight that they are NOT allowed to request rollaways in the Value or Moderate resorts because it is against fire code.

Three questions for you Disney resort experts:
1. How do you get a rollaway at a Moderate? If we show up and they refuse to do this, it will make for a miserable 4 nights.
2. Do the deluxe resorts provide rollaways on request? I know WL has the bunk bed option, but my kids are too big for them now. Because of the rates, I don't think we can make it work at any deluxe resort except WL or AKL.
3. Do you have any other suggestions for making one of these rooms work with 4 people and 2 beds if we cannot get a rollaway?

Thanks so much for your information and help!
Jon and Lisa

1. I don't know.
2. (a) Again, I don't know; (b) I'm not sure how one can be considered "too big" for bunkbeds. Each 'level' is a twin-size, full-length bed. This actually does seem like a reasonable option for your family.
3. (a) Each parent shares a bed with a child; (b) purchase and bring your own inflatable mattress.

Yes, we got one at CSR no problem. We requested it at check in. $16.71 per night. You could always bring an twin aerobed. That would be cheaper than moving up to a deluxe resort.

vra5ia.jpg

AFAIK, you can get a roll-away in all of the moderates. At POR, you could be in the AB section with the trundle, but if you're put in Magnolia Bend you can request a roll-away there. We had a roll-way bed in Magnolia Bend in August.

I was told the same thing last August....and I asked for it and they sent
it right away.....didn't even charge me. I did have 3 adults in room maybe
that is why.

I would call POFQ yourself 1-407-934-5000 and ask them if they
have rollaway beds. If not send down a twin aerobed.
good luck
Kerri

In regard to the bunk beds, they are the same size as a twin bed and different Pooh size adult family and friends have utilized the bottom bunk, and not quite so Pooh size adults have used the top. Children the ages of the OP would have no trouble at all with the bunk beds.

we have stayed at POFQ 3 times with 3 adults that did not want to share a bed so we just go to walmart or Ocean state joblot and pick up a $10-$15 airbed pack it in our stuff, then when we pack to go home we just toss the airbed and that leaves room for the things we have bought during the trip and it also saves us $16 a night for a roll away.

You could always share a bed with your daughter, and your husband with your son, if worse comes to worse. This rollaway bed thing must be fairly recent. I know they didn't offer them a couple of years ago.

We travel quite frequently and wouldn't leave home without our 2 twin air mattresses for our 12 year old daughters! We've stayed at Coronado Springs (moderate) twice and have an upcoming trip in November. Upon arrival we call Housekeeping and ask for 2 extra sets of pillows/blankets. We bring our own fitted sheets because hotel sheets are not fitted and it makes it easier to make the bed and keep the sheet on.
The first night we blow up the mattresses and at bed time we put one by the door/table area and the other in front of the tv or bathroom area. In the morning you don't need to deflate them - instead just stand them up lenghtwise and put them in between the bed and the wall.
It's so simple and we all get a great night sleep!
The air mattresses, 2 sheets and one pump fit into a medium sized duffle bag along with shoes and our toiletry bag! The air mattresses don't need
to be the expensive kind advertised on tv - just the simple ones they sell at Target or Walmart.
We've done this at all types of hotels including top of the line luxury and the kids love it and it saves money on rollaways or getting a 2nd room.
Have fun at Disney!:wizard:

My last trip to CBR, May 2007, I was in a king bed room w/ my parents. When I made the ressie, I requested a rollaway and the agent said no problem. I didn't even realize it was an issue until I read about it on the boards.

This rollaway bed thing must be fairly recent. I know they didn't offer them a couple of years ago.

We have got them at the moderates for at least 6 years. That is when we first started requesting them. Some CM's don't know what they are talking about.

Not being able to get one at the ALLStars must be new because we got one before. That said, I'd highly recommend bringing an Aero bed or some other blow up bed, or even buying a cheapie one when you get there to throw away. We did that last summer and it worked awesome.

Rollaways are available, the thing is there is no guarantee one will be available when you need it. We bring an aerobed so we're not stuck.

ya know....i just called and asked CRO about getting a roll away in a moderate king room and they said that they do not supply roll aways. i made him clarify and he restated that No, disney does not supply roll away beds for any resort rooms.

now was this kid full of soup or do i have to call the resort directly to find out if this can still happen.

the only mod rooms available when i can go in june is a king room. there are 2 adults our DS13 and our DD 3. the 3 year old can sleep in with us if allowable, but i want a place for the 13 year old to sleep and i would love to not have to buy an air mattress and drag it with us.

I have never had a problem getting a roll away bed at any of the resorts - last few times we just took a single air mattress with us though - it was easier to get out of the way during the day and it was free.....

Not being able to get one at the ALLStars must be new because we got one before. That said, I'd highly recommend bringing an Aero bed or some other blow up bed, or even buying a cheapie one when you get there to throw away. We did that last summer and it worked awesome.

I got a rollaway at Movies two weeks ago.

Liz

I got a rollaway at Movies two weeks ago.

Liz

With the King bed I wouldn't think they would let you have a rollaway since you are only supposed to have 2 people in the room, a child under 3 is the only exception. I don't think they will even let you book that room with 4 people?

The OP. I think the CM was just wrong.

Monica

ya know....i just called and asked CRO about getting a roll away in a moderate king room and they said that they do not supply roll aways. i made him clarify and he restated that No, disney does not supply roll away beds for any resort rooms.

now was this kid full of soup or do i have to call the resort directly to find out if this can still happen.

the only mod rooms available when i can go in june is a king room. there are 2 adults our DS13 and our DD 3. the 3 year old can sleep in with us if allowable, but i want a place for the 13 year old to sleep and i would love to not have to buy an air mattress and drag it with us.
You will not be allowed to book a king-bed room with your party size. A room with one bed can accommodate two people ages three and above, and one child under three (assumed to be in a pack & play).

imho, buy an aerobed.
more comfortable than a roll-away, inflates & deflates in literally under a minute, sturdy, fits in a rolling carry-on (with room for sheets & more), & great to have at home for sleepovers (my kids would bring ours for sleepovers at friends' also).
aerobeds are worth every penny :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter