Rollaway Beds at Value Resorts?

muppetkaties

do you think they'd mind if i lived in Disney?
I have been getting different answers on this one. A CM on the phone told me I could get a rollaway in a value resort. But others have told me that I can't. Has anyone stayed in a value resort and gotten a rollaway bed? And if so, how the heck did it fit in there??

Was under the impression (could be wrong) but none for the Disney resorts offer rollaways. POR does have a trundle bed (mattress on floor) that can accomodate a small child. Hope this helps, maybe other could give you more info.

The moderates do have rollaways, I have gotten them at CSR and seen them in rooms at CBR.

I too have gotten conflicting answers as to whether the values have them. You might also look and post this on the FAQ thread for the value you are interested in. I did see a rollaway outside the room next door to us at Music in April so I know they do have some, just not sure how many.

And all that said, we take our twin sized air bed to the values, it works fine. When I got a rollaway at CSR (we were going on a Disney cruise and I didn't want to have to take the rollaway on the cruise ship) it came to about $17 a a night for the rollaway. Our airbed with the battery operated pump was less than $25 at Wal Mart. So it has paid for itself many times over in our stays at WDW! It fits very easily in a suitcase and I have room for some bedding too. Sounds like a pain, but I am used to it now! My boy and girl are just too old to sleep in the same bed together even if I could get them to!

If my airbed fits, the rollaway would fit fine as well. If you move the table a bit, that would help. That's how I make room for my airbed at the values.

They have roll aways, but not to add a 5th person to the room. You can use one just to make sleeping arrangements easier, i.e. teenage DS and DD that don't want to sleep together. My DBIL has one reserved for his family this December at ASM because his teenage daughter is bringing her boyfriend.

We stayed at Pop Century in Sept and had a roll-away for DS. DD had asthma issues and it was no problem getting the roll-away. We pushed the two beds out and the roll-away fit perfectly in between. We were charged $15.00 per day plus tax. Hope this helps.

thanks for the help! we are three girls in our 20's going together and although we are cousins....we seem to have outgrown sleeping in double beds together. :) Either there is not enough space, or someone is snoring too loud.

We have always been told that you can not get a roll away at a value resorts because the room is too small and fire codes do not allow it. We have asked at all values and Pop Century in the past. We were just at Pop in September and wanted to get a roll away for one of our boys. They said they were not available at the value resorts. I am surprised that someone was able to get one there. We like staying at the moderates becaue of this reason. You should call the resort and ask them.

I have read that they are available only in king rooms. This makes sense because there is more room available in such a room and if you have a couple who doesn't want to sleep in a small double bed, they can still have an extra bed for a child.

We had a rollaway bed in a regular room at POP. I was there with my mom, sister and DD. My sister wanted to sleep in her own bed so we got the rollaway. We moved the table over and there was room along the wall next to the dresser - it fit fine.

thanks for the help! we are three girls in our 20's going together and although we are cousins....we seem to have outgrown sleeping in double beds together. :) Either there is not enough space, or someone is snoring too loud.
Um, you know the rooms are so small that snoring is still gonna be a problem, even in separate beds, right? :)

Tinker 'n' Fun said:
We pushed the two beds out
You what? How? I thought they were fixed platforms!

Lady Bella said:
I have read that they are available only in king rooms. This makes sense because there is more room available in such a room and if you have a couple who doesn't want to sleep in a small double bed, they can still have an extra bed for a child.
Generally, though, since the maximum occupancy in a king room is two people plus one child under three (expected to sleep in a pack & play), this doesn't sound accurate.

Just to clarify, all the resorts have a very limited number of rollaways (with the exception of DVC). I believe that only CSR allows you to request one in advance. All other resorts, you have to wait until check-in to ask about availability. If they're all in use by other guests, then you're out of luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter