Rollaway bed for AKV GV?

AprilN

DIS Veteran
We're looking to rent points for an AKV GV stay for Jan2016, preferably in Jambo. We will have a total of 8 people, made of 3 families (1 couple, 2 families of 2 adults + 1 child). The plan right now is to have one family of 3 in a bedroom with 2 beds, the couple in the other room with 2 beds, and the third family (mine) in the master suite. I know this sounds backwards, but it's to celebrate my 40th birthday, so I really want the big fancy bathroom. :bitelip: We would like to keep the common areas clear of sleepers if possible, to be able to hang out after the kids go to sleep - so we need to figure out a way for my DS (age 7) to sleep in the master bedroom. Is it possible to get some kind of rollaway bed? Should we just bring an air mattress and sheets?

Trust me, I know I'm making this problem for myself by taking the master suite, but I'd like to make it work if possible. TIA!

Roll Aways are not available at DVC resorts- I saw someone post on the resort boards that roll aways are not allowed in any room with a microwave but I don't know if that in itself is true. An air mattress is the best choice unless your child and the other want to sleep with the other child's parents together in that room or the couple without a child wants your child in their room an air mattress is your best bet. As we own the DVC we would always take the master bedroom although if you are renting and splitting costs I suppose it is based on how you all decide to split things up.

Do the GVs have the fold out chair in the living room? The 2br do, and we move it into the master for our son. He loves it, says it's really comfortable, and saves us lugging an air mattress down.

Do the GVs have the fold out chair in the living room? The 2br do, and we move it into the master for our son. He loves it, says it's really comfortable, and saves us lugging an air mattress down.

One drawing of the Jambo GV shows the foldout chair, but others do not. I also found one trip report on a different site that referred to a fold out chair in the living room. Can anyone confirm that it's available in the GV - in either Jambo or Kidani? Can you really move it into the master bedroom without damaging anything? That does sound like a good option, if it works.

You can definitely move them without damaging anything, but they are heavy!!!!

We stayed in a GV at Jambo, and yes, they have the fold out chair in the living room.

We stayed in a GV at Jambo, and yes, they have the fold out chair in the living room.
Thanks for the response, Donna! If anyone has knowledge about Kidani, that would be great as well. I'm hoping to get Jambo, but we haven't booked yet. On a related note, do you know what building you will get when you book, or only once you check in?

At the time you book, you will confirm into Jambo or Kidani. You won't know the room number until you check in.

You won't want to try to move that sleeper chair. It really isn't meant to be moved to another room. It's really wide and heavy. Bring your own airbed and use the sheets and blanket for the sleeper chair.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter