Roll Call! Who's going mid-September 2012?

I am taking my ds(9) for his first Disneyland trip Sept 19-24th! This will be my first adult trip and cannot wait to experience the magic with my son. We will be staying at the FFI. :cool1:

Add me to the list. :yay: My husband and I will be going Sept 19 -23rd. We will be staying at the DLH. This is our first kid free trip and we will be celebrating our 15th anniversary.

Me!!!!!! I have lurked here for fabulous tips and tricks.....best site ever!!!

We arrive Sept 15th for a glorious week! I got the 6 day park hoppers when I reserved in the spring and am glad I did! Staying at the Sheraton Park. We have stayed at the Marriott once before a few years ago and walked to the parks, never did use the ART, so figure this hotel is even closer and the kids are a few years older. Still got the ART pass just in case they fizzle out one night.

I only hope it is not tooooo hot when we are there....I seem to get conflicting temps from different sites. I am an over packer by nature so this can get ridiculous in short order. Even worse is we are making a road trip of it. No luggage restrictions.....

Anyhow, I am really wanting to do up our hotel room for the kids as a surprise. I have been collecting pins, shirts, plushies, PJ's, swim suits, flip flops, beach towels, toiletries you name it...if it has Mickey, Minnie or lightening McQueen on it I have collected it. Mostly from the Disneystore on line or Target/Kohl's etc when I can get down to the US. This has been going on for a while...lol. I figure give it to the kids first day and let them use it while we are there instead of buying a whack of stuff the day before we come home.

Has anyone decorated their hotel door/room? Should I contact the hotel? I am not using anything that could even potentially cause damage and I will clean up. I have made a banner for the door and over the dresser mirror, have mickey head confetti--not the little stuff, tink silhouettes and probably order a balloon bouquet to be there when we get there. I plan on sending DH and the kiddos for a swim when we arrive so i can do it up. Any ideas or hints would be gratefully accepted!

Sooooo excited!!

i'll be there with my Brother, Sister in law and my two nephews 6 & 4 between 8-14 September- let the countdown begin!:cheer2:

I am back from my Australia, New Zealand, Fiji trip and just getting back into the swing of things. I was able to sneak 2 days at DLR before the flight to Fiji. I feel better knowing layout of the park before I go back with my daughter.

I was able to book Goofy's Kitchen, Ariels Grotto, Minnie and Friends breakfast, and PCH grill for breakfast. At each place it is listed as her birthday (since it is that week!!)

She thinks she is going to Disney World, but has never been to Disneyland. I will probably tell her at the airport. I figure the 4 hour plane ride will be a good time for her to plan out the rides she would like to do. I know HM will be down until the Sept 15th, but that is fine. I'll have to check the other rehabs and write them down so she can plan accordingly.

She keeps talking about Beaches and Cream (her favorite at WDW), but hopefully she will be happy with Ghirardelli. I know the Gibson Girls is an ice cream shop as well, so we might make a stop there. Other than that, I think I just need to check the weather and workout as hard as possible (so I can eat amazing food and not feel as guilty)

The last surprise comes at LAX airport on the way home. I bought her a puppy and she has no idea. It is exactly the puppy she was asking for, but I had told her this is not the time. ;)So the lady is showing up with the puppy at the airport to have it fly home with us. It should be an amazing trip all the way through.:cheer2:

I will be there Sept. 14-20! This will be my first trip to DLR since 1989. I will be going with my mom, DD4 and DS 9 months.

I had trouble finding the facebook page as well, and the link posted a few pages back didn't work for me. Any ideas?

Just booked my 3 yr old and I for Sept 11-13 (sorry DH and other 2 DDs) staying at PPH. Never stayed there before (have stayed at GCH and DLH) and looking forward to checking it out (upper floor theme park view too!)

I'm a DL 'native' (grew up in the area- went lots as a kid/teen) but I've never really planned a 3-day trip before. Also haven't been to DCA in a while (DL last yr but not DCA) so definitely looking forward to checking out Carsland and WoC.

Still trying to figure out what character dining we want to do. Definitely will do Surfs up on Friday morning before we drive back to San Francisco but not sure what else. I suppose it's criminal NOT to do Ariel's with a 3yr old girl but I just didn't like it that much the other 2 times I've gone...

Anyway, haven't read the whole thread yet but wanted to say Hi.

Everyone send my DD growing vibes! She needs about another 1/4" to hit the 40" ride threshold (yeah, I know we've only got 2 weeks...)

I will be there Sept. 14-20! This will be my first trip to DLR since 1989. I will be going with my mom, DD4 and DS 9 months.

I had trouble finding the facebook page as well, and the link posted a few pages back didn't work for me. Any ideas?

Sorry I had made the group secret, you should be able to find it now!:rotfl2:

I'll be taking my first trip to DL in September.

We leave on September 18 to spend our Anniversary at Aulani, then go to DL on the 23 - 26 for my Birthday Celebration! My 40th Birthday, so this is a special trip. We are staying at GCR.
Thank goodness my hubby is into Disney as much as I am. :lovestruc
Since it is my first trip, what are my "not to miss" bits?
We have been to WDW lots... since it is closer.
I planned 2 meals so far - BB and Carthay.

Any advice would be great!
- Pamela

Just booked my 3 yr old and I for Sept 11-13 (sorry DH and other 2 DDs)

I'm leaving all my other kids at home as well. They either already had their trip with mommy this year or will get their trip by the end of the year. So, I don't feel bad about it at all.

I'll be taking my first trip to DL in September.

We leave on September 18 to spend our Anniversary at Aulani, then go to DL on the 23 - 26 for my Birthday Celebration! My 40th Birthday, so this is a special trip. We are staying at GCR.
Thank goodness my hubby is into Disney as much as I am. :lovestruc
Since it is my first trip, what are my "not to miss" bits?
We have been to WDW lots... since it is closer.
I planned 2 meals so far - BB and Carthay.

Any advice would be great!
- Pamela
I am a WDW native and I just went to DL for the first time in July (for two quick days) I think Radiator Springs is a not to be missed ride. It's test track with a much better theme and more fun at the end. Their space mountain is different and the music is better. Plus, it will have a Halloween theme (I think that is cool since WDW doesn't do that) Small World is different as well. I think the pirates is much better there and the scenes are really different. WDW the fire scene in POC has more of a scent, but other than that, the scenes are really fun there. I wasn't able to do much else, but because I only had a few days I tried to do all the rides we don't have at WDW. Matterhorn, Mr. Toad, Pinocchio, and such. Fantasmic is much better there as well and of course we don't have World of Color.

Sorry I wasn't able to help more. Hope this helps a little bit.

sweetlovin' said:
I'm leaving all my other kids at home as well. They either already had their trip with mommy this year or will get their trip by the end of the year. So, I don't feel bad about it at all.

Yeah, the other 2 went to Australia with me last summer and this one didn't get to go. I'm not sure even 3 days alone with Disney freak mommy at DLR evens the score for 2 weeks down under! ;)

Yeah, the other 2 went to Australia with me last summer and this one didn't get to go. I'm not sure even 3 days alone with Disney freak mommy at DLR evens the score for 2 weeks down under! ;)

That is funny, I ditched all 3 kids just this summer to go to Fiji Australia and New Zealand! They didn't care until they saw all the pictures when I got back. So I am taking them Nov 2013. Nope, not even a trip to England with my son made up for ditching them for 6 weeks down under. They couldn't believe all the fun I had without them. LOL

I'll be there from Wed the 19th through Sunday the 23rd.
Me
Wife
Daughter (5) - Her third trip already!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter