• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Roll Call for the Disney Magic Western Carrib. Jan 28/2006

Just a reminder. Still trying to get a pre-count for our Bday/Un-Bday party. Anyone else planning to attend?

We'll come to the party. I forget which day, tho! :confused3 There will be 2 or 4 of us.

Our flight leaves one week from today!! :cool1:
I am really getting excited!!!
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

We are celebrating DH's 40th birthday this weekend -- and watching the playoff games...

~~~~~ GO STEELERS!!!! ~~~~~

After the weekend I can really focus to finish packing!!!

Hope everyone has smooth travels to the port!

HI ALL! Fawn - lunch in Lumieres at 12:05 on Monday Jan 30.

I say GO STEELERS and PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Sue

Hey disneylover5!

I just have to ask...Did your girls have their hair braided on the ship or elsewhere?? If it's not too impolite may I ask how much it cost? I was thinking of braiding my DD's hair like that before we go (it's so much easier to care for when done that way!) But I won't do as nice of a job as that :earboy2: Would love to know any details you can share!

Thanks!
Jenn

BrickChick said:
Hey disneylover5!

I just have to ask...Did your girls have their hair braided on the ship or elsewhere?? If it's not too impolite may I ask how much it cost? I was thinking of braiding my DD's hair like that before we go (it's so much easier to care for when done that way!) But I won't do as nice of a job as that :earboy2: Would love to know any details you can share!

Thanks!
Jenn

We do it on the ship. It is the first thing we sign up for. I think we sign up by the Walt Disney Theatre @ 5pm right after the lifeboat drill, if I remember correctly. It will be in the Navigator as soon as you get on board. We do it as early in the trip as possible....so they can enjoy it. (remember to bring spray suntan stuff for the head where the braids expose the skin). I think I pay $20 for each girl and give a $5 tip. They charge by the braid,if I remember correctly. Gretchen is thinking of having her whole head done this time...

PERFECT! :Pinkbounc One less thing I have to do before we leave! yay!
Thanks Lisa!

Jenn

disneylover5 said:
We do it on the ship. It is the first thing we sign up for. I think we sign up by the Walt Disney Theatre @ 5pm right after the lifeboat drill, if I remember correctly. It will be in the Navigator as soon as you get on board. We do it as early in the trip as possible....so they can enjoy it. (remember to bring spray suntan stuff for the head where the braids expose the skin). I think I pay $20 for each girl and give a $5 tip. They charge by the braid,if I remember correctly. Gretchen is thinking of having her whole head done this time...

I know Im going to forget something, always do...I finally finished our transfer arrangements oh its crazy. SWA>MCO>ME>AKL>Prestige Towncar>Port>DCL>Port>Prestige>MCO/Budget>Sanford>Autotrain.My head is spinning :rotfl: I cant wait to view the stars on board at night and those long awaited sunsets :sunny:

:cake: we have 9 people in our party.. :cake:

but Im not sure if the 2 boys will be with their parents or in the kids club..
also not sure about our son.. we normally never see him except at dinner..

sorry I couldn't be more help... if anything sign us in for 7 people...

Good Morning - Just a reminder WE SAIL IN ONE WEEK!Also, anyone interested in the Dis Flyer please send me a pm with your info. The activities I have are the meet on deck 10, 3pm, sail away day and Lumieres 12:05, Monday Jan 30.

Sue

We got about 2-3 inches of snow last night, roads slick but mostly clear. Had a call early this am and they hadnt been plowed then but the trucks are out now. Packing and finishing up details today and we leave in the morning! Will be glad to meet everyone in 1 week :cool1:

Squid

fireplug said:
We got about 2-3 inches of snow last night, roads slick but mostly clear. Had a call early this am and they hadnt been plowed then but the trucks are out now. Packing and finishing up details today and we leave in the morning! Will be glad to meet everyone in 1 week :cool1:

Squid

:banana: :banana: WooHoo :banana: :banana:

Squid, I think you are the first one to start this MAGICal Vacation!!

It is finally time to start thinking about what clothes we need to pack :banana: :banana:. Let the fun begin. We went by Kohls last night to get new shorts for DS and they don't have them out yet!! I guess we have to hit the mall today and hope for good luck there. I have been checking accuweather.com and it it looking pretty good for us temperature wise while we are sailing. I will check again and cut/paste the forcast for each port we are heading to.....

15 Day Weather forcast from accuweather.......
Cocoa Beach (they don't have a listing for Port Canaveral):
Jan 28 Sunny. Winds from the NW at 11 mph. High: 71° F RealFeel: 70° F Saturday Night: Clear. Winds from the NW at 4 mph. Low: 52° F RealFeel: 54° F

Key West
Jan 29 Sunshine. Winds from the NE at 7 mph. High: 74° F RealFeel: 77° F Sunday Night: Clear. Winds from the ENE at 8 mph. Low: 64° F RealFeel: 64° F

Cayman Islands
Jan 31 Humid with clouds and sun High: 85° F RealFeel®: 93° F
Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy and humid Low: 74° F RealFeel: 81° F

Nassau
Feb 2 A good deal of sun High: 69° F RealFeel: 66° F Thursday Night: Clear Low: 55° F RealFeel: 55° F

I couldn't find a forcast for Castaway....

It is looking good!!!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

poolex3 said:
It is finally time to start thinking about what clothes we need to pack :banana: :banana:. Let the fun begin. We went by Kohls last night to get new shorts for DS and they don't have them out yet!! I guess we have to hit the mall today and hope for good luck there. I have been checking accuweather.com and it it looking pretty good for us temperature wise while we are sailing. I will check again and cut/paste the forcast for each port we are heading to.....

Hi Stephanie!

Our Kohls has the men's shorts out, cause DH came home with some yesterday. :goodvibes Not sure about the kids ones though :confused3

I'm digging out the warm stuff today :banana: I have to pack tomorrow, as DH will be loading the car on Monday We are leaving Tuesday!!! :cheer2:

I'm finishing up my door signs right now... :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

poolex3 said:
15 Day Weather forcast from accuweather.......

Nassau
Feb 2 A good deal of sun High: 69° F RealFeel: 66° F Thursday Night: Clear Low: 55° F RealFeel: 55° F

Wow, I was hoping for a little warmer! Need some :wizard:

The rest looks GREAT!!! Thanks for posting it!!!

good morning everyone.....

I am almost totally packed !!!!!!!!!!! :cool1:

I had to start early because it is hard to pack for 5 people....

WE leave on Friday morning- we'll just bum around downtown disney for a few hours and then to the Radisson at the port for the night.!!!

Can't wait to meet everyone. :flower:
Tracey

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter