• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Roll Call for Pop Century - October 2012

My parents got a pin in the mail from having taken us on a trip 20 years ago!! I was told i could not use it from the operator :(
Planning a trip for my grandaughter and me, thanks for the link on this hotel!!

Checking in Oct. 28th!!!! :)
Lots of firsts on this trip...
First MNSSHP
First time at POP
First time my DD gets to bring a friend
DD's friend's first time to the World

We're so excited and would love to meet up with other DIS'ers!

Hi, all! Let me join in!
We'll be staying at Pop September 28th to October 4th. We love Pop and have stayed there several times.

DD plans to make autograph books for DGD and DGS this time, so I'll be sending her here to the DIS boards for ideas.

I found this link to be very helpful:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2323160&highlight=character+list

The thread lists useful links (like this one which clipart: http://www.travelingnuts.com/clipart/alice/), as well as a list of the disney characters that you can meet.

Thanks for the info Cinderella's Slipper....very excited for this trip. Yesterday we made our dining reservations, now I just have to be patient for the next 179 days. Still keeping my finger's crossed that FD will become available or I get a 40% off PIN, but have budgeted as if no additional/better discount will be available.

I am not sure if your dates are flexible at all, but we just booked through Disney and were told that if we arrived ON or before the 29th of September we would get the FD upgrade. So we were going to arrive on the 30th, but now we are arriving on the 29th, and got free dining for our entire stay! May be worth looking into if you have a little wiggle room with your dates. Have to book by May 18th.:thumbsup2

Hi Ausmum did you call Disney directly to see if there was a pin associated with your name? Good luck.

Hi October Travelers! Going the 22nd to the 27th. First time at Pop and first time solo (LOVE going with my family but have waited 10 yrs for a crack at this by myself!). I believe since I did not buy my tickets at same time I reserved my room I am not entitled to Free Dining. Is this correct? I am still hoping for a room discount pin though!:woohoo: I did use a pin when I booked in Feb. but it really amounted to less than $10.00 off a night and I am still paying average $106.00 per night. I would have to look at my email but I think that is what it is. Every year I would receive GREAT pins (we usually stay offsite) that I could not use. NOW when I could use one:confused3. But still am VERY happy and grateful to be going. :thumbsup2

Hi October Travelers! Going the 22nd to the 27th. First time at Pop and first time solo (LOVE going with my family but have waited 10 yrs for a crack at this by myself!). I believe since I did not buy my tickets at same time I reserved my room I am not entitled to Free Dining. Is this correct? I am still hoping for a room discount pin though!:woohoo: I did use a pin when I booked in Feb. but it really amounted to less than $10.00 off a night and I am still paying average $106.00 per night. I would have to look at my email but I think that is what it is. Every year I would receive GREAT pins (we usually stay offsite) that I could not use. NOW when I could use one:confused3. But still am VERY happy and grateful to be going. :thumbsup2

October is a great time of year to be in Disney, actually anytime is great to be in Disney. From what I've read on the threads, it appears that Disney is not offering any substantial discounts on Pop over other value resorts, due to its pop ularity. We have the same issue with POFQ, a moderate we love. As it is so popular, generally there are smaller discounts, and this time we got a free dining pin, but no availability at POFQ. This is our first time staying at Pop and the OP's on the Pop thread are great. If you haven't read the Pop Century thread, I think you will find it very helpful.

Happy Planning pixiedust:

We are going Oct 19-27 with a Free Dining Pin, staying at POP-preferred. Glad to see other disers going. I would bet the FD general code is right around the corner.

We'll be there October 6 through the 17th. I don't think I gave it much thought, when I initially booked us for the Columbus Day weekend. Oh well, any day in Disney is GREAT!:yay:

Hi Everyone,
Hubby and I will be traveling 10/15-10/21. We are celebrating 20 years!!! This will be our first stay at POP and I was lucky enough to get a code for free dining. Also a first for MNNSHP. :woohoo:

Hope everyone has a magical trip!!!:wizard:

We do online check in, it makes me feel like time is passing quicker. I'm hopeful that it makes the actual check-in process quicker.

pixiedust:

Congrats on the celebration of both your DD's Birthday and your wedding anniversary! How long have you been married?

My DH and I are celebrating both our birthdays and our 35th wedding anniversary :lovestructhis trip. October can't some soon enough.
Happy Planning! pixiedust:

Sorry it took so long to respond. I missed this for some reason. lol. Thank you for the congrats. It's only our 8 yr so not a big one. But still special anyways. Can't wait for October to come. Only 126 more days. :)

Thanks and I think it will be. I see we arrive on the same day, Oct 14. Which resort are you staying at?

You silly goose...this is the Pop Century roll call thread!:rotfl:

Not sure how I missed this thread, but we will be at POP Oct. 26-Nov. 4. This will be our 4th year in a row at POP.

138 more days!:goodvibes

You silly goose...this is the Pop Century roll call thread!:rotfl:

Not sure how I missed this thread, but we will be at POP Oct. 26-Nov. 4. This will be our 4th year in a row at POP.

138 more days!:goodvibes

LOL. I forgot. Guess it's the blonde coming out. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter