Roll call 10/26/03 Wonder..anyone there?

I am curious about any halloween activities on the Wonder too...
My DD, 9, will have her costume with her, since we are doing MNSSHP on Halloween night.

This is our first cruise too...Can't wait!!!

Hello again, thanks for all of the info. I have gone out and bought the bunjie cords, the night lites and the over the door shoe racks. Since we will have adjoing rooms, I am hoping that this will help keep the rooms a bit more tidy. I too am wondering about Halloween activities, since we will have our costumes there for MNSSHP on the 19th. I thought we would leave them in the car, but if we have another chance to use them, will consider that. In reading all of these threads, I am wondering if it is worth our while to bring jeans and t-shirts to wear? Seems like a waste of luggage space since you cannot wear them at any of the restaurants. Is it better to just bring khackis and shirts? I have also read about a tropical night? Is this happening on the 4 day cruise or is the theme nights only on seven day cruises? I think I need this cruise just to get the feel of it and then I can take another one and know what I am doing!!
I wonder if I can convince DH that this is just a "learning cruise?"
Those Bahama Mamas sound wonderful where do I get one??
Thanks for all the advice.
Minniemouse 71
These bouncy things are sooo cute!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Sad to say I'm not sure about any Halloween activities on our cruise. I hope so, that would be so fun! My FH's b-day is on Halloween. Like I said in a previous post, we had tix to the MNSSHP for the 31st but we're not going to WDW following the cruise, so if anyone wants them, let me know.

As far as the bungee cords and all that stuff, we didn't take them on our first cruise (although we knew about them) and we didn't have one bit of problem w/ anything slamming or anything, although my parents did get rolled out of bed the last night. I didn't and neither did my sister (thankfully, since she was on the murphy bed above me!!) but you never know when you might need something like that.

As far as the dress code goes, we only took three dress outfits, one for each dinner, and then we ran around in our jean shorts and t-shirts the rest of the time. It was no sweat to just go to the room and change for dinner, since most of the time we had to shower after swimming anyway. I'd bring them, but that's just me-i'm a jeans and t-shirts kind of girl.:p

We got our Bahama Mamas at the welcome aboard lunch- they were the drink of the day.

Welcome to our roll-call thread, clh and 1st time!! If you have any questions feel free to ask. I don't pretend to be all-knowing about DCL, but I'll answer any questions I'm able to. :p

:D I am not sure about Halloween activities. I may call Disney and see what they can tell me?:confused: We also will have our costumes along...:jester: We are attending the MK Halloween party on Oct 31. We are all so excited!!

Don't worry everyone! Things will all fall in to place.

I will let you all know what I find out....;)

Originally posted by minniemouse71
Oh My Goodness!! I thought that I had a plan of attack but now am wondering?? My grandchildren are going with us ages 4&5 so Kim, sounds like they might be the same ages as some that are going with you. I have read about the activities on the kids clubs and that a lot of the kids do not want to leave:confused: Did you have kids with you on your last cruise?? Did you find this to be true?? What about dinner times?? What about when you dock and want to do things on shore?? What if they do not want to be there? My Dd and I want to do a spa treatment any advice on which one? Which dining are you on early or late? We have early as we have young children with us. If we go to Palos one night, will the kids be able to eat?? What is this Conch cooler?? Sounds like a drink in a shell! lol. I am so sorry for so many questions. I know though that I will have more. Please be patient with this first time Disney Cruiser.
V:confused: :confused:

Yes Minnie I did have my 4year old son with me last time. He didn't really stay in the clubs because their weren/t many boys on the last cruise. Some kids stay all day, but I think that is more the parents choice than the kids...LOL.

Dinner is set-up when you booked the cruise, hopefully you have an early seating. We had late seating last time and the kids were always tired and cranky at dinner. The cool thing with Disney is that your servers travel with you.

There are so many things to do on shore you should have gotten an exscursion list in the mail this past week at least I got mine, then you can figure out what you want to do before hand.

As far as the kids eating what we did when we went to Palos was to feed the kids at Pinochios by the Mickey Pool this diner is always open and has stuff kids like to eat. Then we took them to the club and went to Palos, you have to go to Palos what a wonderful dining experience!!

A Conch coller is a signature drink on the ship. They are served in these great Disney drink glasses that you can keep. If you want to have them in a regular glass you can (I found this out after I had collected about 6 glasses and paid $6.50 a drink. In a reg glass they are only $4.00.

The spa was great I did the Spa Taster which was a facial and scalp massage with a full body massage. The wraps are really popular but I have MVP (my heart flutters) and so they said I really couldn't do it unless I signed a release. Get's the circulation going pretty fast.

Please don't apoligize for questions I love talking and I really love talking about Disney! Let's really try to meet on the ship and have a CC. Would love to chat! You end up meeting so many nice people on board.

:Pinkbounc

Originally posted by 1st-timecruiser
Hi, everybody! We'll be there on the Oct. 26th cruise. Myself, DH, DS (8) and DD (10). Coming all the way from California. We've been enjoying reading your discussions of the best plan of attack, being so new to this ourselves.

I know that our cruise ends the day before Halloween, but does anyone know whether there will be any Halloween festivities on board? My kids tend to think of Halloween as a week long celebration and were thinking of bringing their costumes on board.

I love the bouncies too! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :wave:

Welcome!! You are going to have such a great time!!!

You could stay a day at WDW and go to the Mickey Mouse Not-So-Scary-Halloween-Party. I don't think that there is going to be anything on board becasue of the Halloween Cruise.

Any questions you have feel free to ask!:Pinkbounc :bounce:

My DH husband and I will be on board celebrating our 5th anniversary. We are going to do the MNSSHP on the 30th. This is our second cruise, we did the 3 day with my parents a couple of years ago and we loved it. We can not wait!!!!

Hi Kim,
Thanks for all of the tips! I haven't received anything yet about shore excrusions. We booked our trip through All Seasons travel, do you think that is why we haven't received them. I know that we do have early dining, for the same reasons, we didn't want the kids to be tired and cranky. Palos is on our list of things to do, just hope that we can get a reservation. Our plan of attack is that my daughter will go to book the spa, my hubby is supposed to try to get Palos and I will stay with the kids and get them signed up for the kids club. We don't want them to spend all of their time there, we have way to much fun with them, but I guess if they want to be there then that is another story. I have been reading all of the things that they can do and it sounds like they have every minute filled with fun things to do. As for meeting you for a conch cooler, I would really enjoy that. I would like to say thank you personally for all of your help. I am sure that I will have more questions, so will post them as I think of them. I am way to excited about this trip!!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc
Thanks again!
Vickie

Pooh,

Welcome! I am glad your going with us! We are all going to have a great time!

Minnie,

I am doing Palos the first night, thats what we did last time and it was great. A good way to start the trip. They have the best dessert, a chocolate souflee with vanilla sauce, unbelievable!

Don't freak about reservations, I did it with no problem. Palos is top priority. The spa I had no problems either I would suggest that you and your daughter do the tour together (very informative) as the kids club check-in is now done at the time of boarding (I was told this by a past cruiser) Palos only takes a second to reserve.

On the shore excursion you can call Disney direct or your agent and have them send you an updated brochure with all the prices and activities. Disney is pretty expensive unfortunatly. There is a web site to check out if you want to do things on your own Things to do in Nassau Check this site out if you want to try something on your own. :Pinkbounc

Hey fellow cruisers!

Just WONDERing if anyone else would be joining us....;)

My DD is just dying to have the RED BELLE dress out of the Disney catalog!:eek: So I did it!! I figure we may never be at Disney on Halloween again. She does not know I ordered it yet and I have told her she has to earn it. She is working hard in school and helping clean her room......:p She is going to be so beautiful!

We are also picking up our new puppy on Sat and of course her name is going to be BELLE! I will have to take a picture and post it on the boards.;)

Happy planning everyone! It will be here before we know it!

I want to start packing for the trip already...DH would probably have me committed if I start packing when the calendar doesn't even say October yet.

sigh...

Oh my gosh, I thought that I was the only one who wanted to start packing already!! I have already packed all of our swimming things, as well as our laundry items. I have some shorts and t-shirts ready to go into the suitcases, and have already bought snacks for the drive down there. So looks like you are not the only one who is ready to get going. I haven't told DH that I have done this, he would also think I had lost it. Just can't wait to get there!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc

ive already started packing for this cruise and cant wait. i usually pack even earlier but i was trying to be good and hold out. Then one night i had a nightmare that we were on vacay and i had nothing together, no clothes, no reservation numbers. Needless to say i was packed by 10am after i woke up. havent had that dream again.

Well that settles that - I guess next weekend - I am going to start "getting piles of things together!" My husband probably won't consider it packing until the suitcases are out.

My FH and I have been packed for about a month now!! It's easier for me to buy something for the trip and put it right in the case, so I don't forget about it (I'm very forgetful) and also so I don't get tempted to wear it and muck it up.

TA called, our info about shore excursions is in! I'm on my way now to pick them up. I'm not sure we're going to do any, but they'll be fun to think about!!!

You guys know that we will all be doin' the DOC dance soon! Our cruise doc's should be coming anytime now. I almost kissed the Fed-ex man last time. It is so cool to finally have all of you documents in your hands! Makes it real!

Anyway let us all know when you get your docs, so we can all celebrate with the well know DOC dance!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We are never home during the day...so any fedex package has to get re-sent to us after we fill out the little tag thing that they leave by your front door...

On a brighter (lime green) note...I got my lime green mickey paint chips at Home Depot tonight...not sure what I will do with them yet. My DD, 9, thinks I have totally lost it.

TA called me yesterday afternoon and gave me our room number- we were upgraded from a gty cat 11 to a cat 9! Woohoo!! We also got our shore excursion info yesterday and we called and signed up for Stingray City/Blue lagoon tour. FH isn't sure about the shore excursion tho, he said he'd rather explore nassau on our own, so we'll see if I can talk him into it. :p

Sol,

How great! A cat 9 is great you will have a big porthole in your room, you will be happy with that! I'm so glad for you! Congrats!

The Docs may also come UPS so maybe he will leave them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter