• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Roll Away Charge?

Princess Michele

DIS Veteran
We are planning to visit Universal for the first time next August. I have been reading through all of the threads and found lots of great advice and information.

We are a family of 5 and were originally planning to stay at the Cabana Bay Beach Resort but I think it will be cheaper to switch to one of the deluxe resorts instead of paying for the Express Pass. Our oldest is 18 now so I know we will need to pay the extra charge for a 3rd adult in the room. If we stay at the Royal Pacific or Hard Rock in a standard 2 queen room we will need a roll away. I have looked on the Loews website and here and cannot find what the nightly charge is for a roll away. Does anyone know what the charge is? Thank you.

We are planning to visit Universal for the first time next August. I have been reading through all of the threads and found lots of great advice and information.

We are a family of 5 and were originally planning to stay at the Cabana Bay Beach Resort but I think it will be cheaper to switch to one of the deluxe resorts instead of paying for the Express Pass. Our oldest is 18 now so I know we will need to pay the extra charge for a 3rd adult in the room. If we stay at the Royal Pacific or Hard Rock in a standard 2 queen room we will need a roll away. I have looked on the Loews website and here and cannot find what the nightly charge is for a roll away. Does anyone know what the charge is? Thank you.

From the RPR website:

Two Queen Rooms - up to 5 guests* (rollaway rental needed for 5th person)

* Maximum occupancies may require a rollaway at $25 per day. Only one rollaway is allowed per room. King Rooms have bedding for 2, requires rollaway for 3. Double Queen have bedding for 4, requires rollaway for 5. Available on a first come first serve basis. Additional charges apply for more than 2 adults guests per room.

We stayed at HRH in a deluxe room that gives you a little more space and a pull out couch which worked well for our 3 kids who were 19, 16 and 12 at the time.

Do they automatically charge you for the roll away bed unless you tell them you are using an air mattress? Do you have to tell them you don't need the roll away in order to not get the charge?

Do they automatically charge you for the roll away bed unless you tell them you are using an air mattress? Do you have to tell them you don't need the roll away in order to not get the charge?

the only way you can get the rollaway bed is by requesting it at the front desk.
or by calling star service from your room.
you do not automatically get it just because you have 5 in the room.

i always brought an air mattress and called star service for additional linens, pillows, blankets to make a pallet on the floor for the air mattress.

it's $25 per night plus tax to rent the rollaway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter