Roger Rabbit lives (sort of)

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by wdwguide, Oct 17, 2002.

1. wdwguide

wdwguide Ex Guide Book Author

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Sarangel

Sarangel <font color=red><font color=navy>Rumor has it ...<

wdwguide -

Was there a reason to make a RR Sequel? I'm looking forward to a good DVD release of this, but what makes you say:
    Sarangel

PS. Thanks for the story.

4. EUROPA

EUROPA DIS Veteran

Dosen't say killed for good but with so many years between the first movie and now. I would say its dead too.

5. Planogirl

Planogirl I feel the nerd in me stirring

They made a sequel to Cinderella (shudder...) and Lady & the Tramp so the number of years between sequels hardly seems to be that big a worry by itself IMO. I would say that politics and budget are the biggest RR killers. :(

6. EUROPA

EUROPA DIS Veteran

..true look at the Star Wars movies. It's just that I doubt that RR had/has the staying power to wait years between movies. They defiantly missed the window of opportunity on that one. I'm sure there are many reasons why a sequal will never be made to that movie.

7. Sarangel

Sarangel <font color=red><font color=navy>Rumor has it ...<

I guess I just never thought a sequel or a prequel *should* have been made. Sometimes a movie is better standing on its own. I mean, can you imagine a sequel to Casablanca?

Sarangel

8. donaldduck1967

donaldduck1967 DIS Veteran

dont forget Jungle Book 2 coming soon

9. scooby-the-doo

scooby-the-doo Uber-Scoober

Roger Rabbit = the correct way do to live action/animation (and one of the best films of the 80s).

Scooby-Doo = an example of how not to do live action/animation (and one of the worst films of '02).

10. DVC-Landbaron

DVC-Landbaron What Would Walt Do?

I think Jim Hill did a series about this. It seems that Disney and Steven Spielberg are feuding about the character, or merchandising or some such thing!! I don't recall the particulars, but that's why there was no sequel many years ago. And I think things have gotten worse. I believe it had to do with the short feature and what film it was going to promote. Ei$ner strong-armed and Spielberg told him to... well you can imagine what he told him!!

Does anyone have the articles or a link to them? I did a quick search on his recent site and couldn't find anything. Can anyone help?