Roger Rabbit lives (sort of)

wdwguide -

Was there a reason to make a RR Sequel? I'm looking forward to a good DVD release of this, but what makes you say:
... and is killed for good at the same time

Sarangel

PS. Thanks for the story.

Marshall, who also directed parts of the three Roger Rabbit theatrical cartoon shorts that were produced in subsequent years and will be included on the DVD, said the movie was so much work that if the filmmakers knew in advance how hard it turned out to be, they might never have made it. That's why he says there are no plans to do a sequel or a prequel, or even produce new Roger Rabbit animated shorts.

Dosen't say killed for good but with so many years between the first movie and now. I would say its dead too.

They made a sequel to Cinderella (shudder...) and Lady & the Tramp so the number of years between sequels hardly seems to be that big a worry by itself IMO. I would say that politics and budget are the biggest RR killers. :(

..true look at the Star Wars movies. It's just that I doubt that RR had/has the staying power to wait years between movies. They defiantly missed the window of opportunity on that one. I'm sure there are many reasons why a sequal will never be made to that movie.

I guess I just never thought a sequel or a prequel *should* have been made. Sometimes a movie is better standing on its own. I mean, can you imagine a sequel to Casablanca?

Sarangel

Roger Rabbit = the correct way do to live action/animation (and one of the best films of the 80s).

Scooby-Doo = an example of how not to do live action/animation (and one of the worst films of '02).

I think Jim Hill did a series about this. It seems that Disney and Steven Spielberg are feuding about the character, or merchandising or some such thing!! I don't recall the particulars, but that's why there was no sequel many years ago. And I think things have gotten worse. I believe it had to do with the short feature and what film it was going to promote. Ei$ner strong-armed and Spielberg told him to... well you can imagine what he told him!!

Does anyone have the articles or a link to them? I did a quick search on his recent site and couldn't find anything. Can anyone help?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter