ROFR???

charminnie

Mouseketeer
Is there any rhyme or reason to what Disney takes back. Just bought a contract for 270 points at BLT but waiting ROFR. I looked at the ROFR thread to see what has passed and what was taken but I can't figure Disney out. Anyone has any idea?

Only Disney knows what their criteria is and it apparently consists of several variables. If they aren't going to make a certain amount of profit, they don't take it back. If their total profit for all sales starts to hit below a certain threshold, it seems that the take back additional contracts through ROFR, some profit is better than no profit. They also have to keep everyone busy or face the possibility of layoffs.

With the new management we really don't know what he will do.

:earsboy: Bill

Is there any rhyme or reason to what Disney takes back.
They blindfold a monkey and have him throw darts at contracts.

No, there's no rhyme. I'm certain there's a reason, but it's not one that's ever been shared, and probably relies on non-public information.

Since DVC is a deeded timeshare, Disney must issue a partial deed for a physical building. For example the deed I received for OKW is a fraction of building 26. For Disney to buy points via ROFR and resell them as a deeded interest all the points they sell in a given individual contract must be from the same building. Hence they might pickup one contract deeded to say building 6 over another that is deeded to building 15 because they need points from building 6 to combine with other building 6 points in a new contract.

Since DVC is a deeded timeshare, Disney must issue a partial deed for a physical building. For example the deed I received for OKW is a fraction of building 26. For Disney to buy points via ROFR and resell them as a deeded interest all the points they sell in a given individual contract must be from the same building. Hence they might pickup one contract deeded to say building 6 over another that is deeded to building 15 because they need points from building 6 to combine with other building 6 points in a new contract.
It's also important to note that each unit (it isn't always an entire building) represents a single use year. Which could play into things. But my blindfolded, dart-throwing monkey supposition might be more accurate.

It's also important to note that each unit (it isn't always an entire building) represents a single use year. Which could play into things. But my blindfolded, dart-throwing monkey supposition might be more accurate.

I think you're right snoop...

Do you find that Disney usually takes back smaller contracts? I'm so nervous about this process. I researched for so long and waited to find the perfect contract for my family! I would hate to lose it.

I have seen DVD exercise ROFR on 25 point deeds and on a 1,500 point deed.

Just like individuals, DVD looks at perceived value in deciding whether it wants to step in and buy a deed. If the price is right, it will exercise ROFR.

Do you find that Disney usually takes back smaller contracts? I'm so nervous about this process. I researched for so long and waited to find the perfect contract for my family! I would hate to lose it.

I am tracking statistics in the current ROFR thread (2015 July-December). Of the 8 contracts that have been ROFR'ed, there has not been one single point value that was taken more often than any other. In fact, there has been exactly one ROFR at each point value (75, 150, 162, 200, 210, 250, 270, 400).

BWV, OKW, and SSR are the only resorts that have been ROFR'ed in this current thread so far.

OCT has been the most commonly ROFR'ed UY at 3 with JUN and DEC tied for second at 2 each.

Of the 8 ROFR'ed contracts so far, 5 of them have had 0 points left from 2014. One had 0 points left from 2015 and another only had 1 point left from 2015. So, it's not like Disney is focusing specifically on loaded contracts.

Disney has the ability to split larger contracts up into smaller pieces. So, I think it's more likely they'd take back a larger contract, at a lower price per point, rather than a small contract that trades at a premium.

Thanks for all of your great research and analysis. This ROFR process is going to make me crazy! And it looks like it will be a full 30 days until I can take a breath!

Thanks for all of your great research and analysis. This ROFR process is going to make me crazy! And it looks like it will be a full 30 days until I can take a breath!

That you have to wait for the full 30 days may be a good thing. My first attempt in June was a BWV 270 pt August contract and they took it after 13 days. The BCV one I have now in estoppel was approved at the 25ish day mark. So maybe waiting is a good thing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter