• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly this is what I’m so concerned about with the deal at $165. It really is more points than I need and I wonder if it might be worth it to pick up 150 points direct at or around $200 that are not subject to the huge “sold out” increase, that don’t have the resale restrictions and can be used at RIV.

The more I talk about it, the more I lean towards backing out. While this was a great price in todays market, it’s probably not right for me.

Doea anyone recall what pricing Disney did when they did this exact thing at AKV with Jambo and Kidani?

Doea anyone recall what pricing Disney did when they did this exact thing at AKV with Jambo and Kidani?
They didn't do the same thing with AKV. That was sold as one resort all along. It was officially sold out once both buildings were done and sold. The closest we have is with SSR when they added the treehouses because it was officially sold out prior to the addition of that phase. They did reduce the price from the sold out pricing but I don't know the exact numbers (from what I can find I think it dropped from $104 to $95).

Last edited:
They didn't do the same thing with AKV. That was sold as one resort all along. It was officially sold out once both buildings were done and sold. The closest we have is with SSR when they added the treehouses because it was officially sold out prior to the addition of that phase. They did reduce the price from the sold out pricing but I don't know the exact numbers (from what I can find I think it dropped from $104 to $95).
It was $104 per point when it sold out; and I do believe it was $95/point when it reopened sales for the Treehouse Villas. It was priced lower than ALV which was still in active sales, too.

Wow. Less than 10% reduction. That says to me that those in the $225-230 range are probably right on the money.

Wow. Less than 10% reduction. That says to me that those in the $225-230 range are probably right on the money.
Maybe. But that reduction was a more significant to total revenue given the lower prices. Also it dropped below the psychological barrier of $100 to below it. Also, at the time, AKV was $120 per point and still in active sales. I think there’s an argument it won’t be priced higher than RIV.

Maybe. But that reduction was a more significant to total revenue given the lower prices. Also it dropped below the psychological barrier of $100 to below it. Also, at the time, AKV was $120 per point and still in active sales. I think there’s an argument it won’t be priced higher than RIV.

I think they will likely have it priced higher than RIV if nothing more than to make RIV cheaper by comparison. I think there is a good argument to be made that they will position VGF as a “premium” choice and use RIV as a drop product.

Not to mention they just raised the minimum in June from 125 to 150. That also gives them the room to lower and still keep the total cost for each new buyer higher.

Mindymouse01---$175-$19185-105-VGF-Oct-0/20, 52/21, 105/22, 105/23- sent 11/12

Canceled Contract
Interesting…. I was close to buying a 220 pt VGF contract at $165 with full 2020 and 2021 points. I balked at signing the contract and the seller decided to move on and take another offer. I hope for them they got more but with the uncertainty of VGF2, I think $165 plus Closing Costs was a few $$ more than I wanted to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter