ROFR Thread July to Sept 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
WillyB- - -$135-$14870-100-AKV-Dec-0/19, 0/20, 200/21, 100/22- sent 7/23

I hate this board! This is our first endeavor into DVC. And now I’m super worried we will lose this contract LOL. I should have never come here.

This is exactly what I'm feeling right now, as this is also my first endeavor into DVC!

Looks like BLT is the best deal of the moment at $94 below direct with the one passed $151 yesterday. Poly still pretty decent have me thinking getting a small one but yet I want the VGF2.🤷🏻‍♀️

I wonder if Disney is getting a lot more direct buys because of Disneyland resort DVC finally happening…. Maybe that’s why they need so many points.

I could care less about being able to book at Riviera… but Disneyland did give me a bit of second thoughts with going resale

Anyone with BCV waiting to passing of ROFR? Or passed recently? I’m inpatient but also nervous I am to low :(

Just read on a FB group that one broker had 9 taken today (of course there was also a suggestion to bid high.)

Anyone with BCV waiting to passing of ROFR? Or passed recently? I’m inpatient but also nervous I am to low :(

Me! Sent on Monday 7/26. The broker is telling me that ROFR is taking longer than usual so he’s expecting 30-45 days.

Me! Sent on Monday 7/26. The broker is telling me that ROFR is taking longer than usual so he’s expecting 30-45 days.

I think that was mostly because of the shutdown. It might be back to the “new normal” now.

Just read on a FB group that one broker had 9 taken today (of course there was also a suggestion to bid high.)
That broker told me my BLT $168 offered for 50 points was too low and anything below $170 might get ROFR for a small contract. I made an offered with a different broker and passed ROFR at $158.50 with seller pays ‘21 MF. It was 1.5 months ago. Disney is unpredictable and she just want a high bidder for a higher commission.

Buyers can help set reasonable expectations by leaving exorbitant contracts right where they are. Not begrudging anyone their price. I just hope that my expectations are met with the same respect.
The thing is, if your expectations as a buyer involve a resale price that's below the prices some sellers are getting, you're not going to get any "respect" from sellers. I know if I were selling, with such limited availability, I'd hold out for the same kind of astronomical prices other folks are getting. At this point, though, for me it makes more sense to buy direct. The prices aren't much higher, and the ability to use the points at both the Riviera and other potentially incredible new resorts down the line is meaningful. And if the price of VGF2 is actually reasonable, that will be another blow to the resale market.

That broker told me my BLT $168 offered for 50 points was too low and anything below $170 might get ROFR for a small contract. I made an offered with a different broker and passed ROFR at $158.50 with seller pays ‘21 MF. It was 1.5 months ago. Disney is unpredictable and she just want a high bidder for a higher commission.
Hmmm I wonder which broker lol probably the same one that told me that they haven't seen any BLT pass ROFR in the low 160s.

Wow, it's amazing how quickly the resale prices have gone back up. Average SSR is over 50% more than my last contract in late spring/early summer 2020.

Buyers can help set reasonable expectations by leaving exorbitant contracts right where they are. Not begrudging anyone their price. I just hope that my expectations are met with the same respect.
The reason you are seeing "high" prices is because people are paying those prices or close to it. People who have been waiting for the prices to come down are just seeing them go higher and higher and may just get priced out. I am glad I added those 100 points when I did since I wouldn't pay todays prices and now I have enough points for an 7 day/6 night say in a 2 bedroom. We buy a new gold pass every year and schedule the 2nd trip a week earlier to get two trips in one year for the pass.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter