ROFR Thread July- Sept 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just notified that the contract I'm selling passed :yay:

Debbie Jean---$95-$14,250-150-BWV-Sep-0/16, 68/17, 150/18- sent 6/28, passed 7/12

Can I ask who your broker is? We sent ours the same day and haven't heard back yet. Just curious?

Last edited:
Can I ask who your broker is? We sent ours the same day and haven't heard back yet. Just curious?

The Timeshare Store. I have used them several times in the past for both buying and selling and service is excellent. Given past experience, I was still impressed with how quickly Disney turned this one around.

Good luck with your contract... hoping you have good news soon!

The Timeshare Store. I have used them several times in the past for both buying and selling and service is excellent. Given past experience, I was still impressed with how quickly Disney turned this one around.

Good luck with your contract... hoping you have good news soon!

Keeping my fingers crossed that we hear something soon, Thanks for the info.

I think your observations are pretty accurate based on the info I put in my spreadsheet of the BLT contracts from Jan'16 - March of '17 ROFR threads

Here is some of what I have:
27 of 98 were taken in those 15 months of data, 27.55%, only a couple times were they the month of or just after the use month
16 of 47 taken were below $110 a point, 34.04% in that range
29 of the 98 had the seller paying MF or closing, they took 12 of those 29, 41.38%
Of the 27 taken: 9 had less than current use year points, 6 were current, 12 had more
Of the 27 taken, 24 were from: Feb, Mar, June, Aug and Dec, I will add the percentage of those months taken was pretty close to the over all % taken

Lastly, I will say what Texaschick123 said, just observations, not gospel, chime in with what ya see and with a 59-72.45 or more % chance of passing, the odds are in your favor :)

Totally agree with you on this...just when we think we have it all figured out, the mouse throws a money wrench in it and blows us out of the water! When we bought two of our BLT contracts on the resale market we researched what the average passing price was and bid accordingly. With a dec UY we knew a lower priced contract probably would not pass.

Taken 07.13.17 ---

this is our 2nd one that was TAKEN!!! I can't believe it. geez...what are we doing wrong disney! :guilty:[/QUOTE

I'm sorry to hear that you lost this contract. I sent a 300 pt contract for SSR next day :( good luck on your next one

I'm sorry. That's super similar to our contract so I guess we will see how that goes. No idea how they decide which ones to choose

Yes...we are already looking. maybe 3rd time is a charm... I don't know what we will do if it happens a 3rd time. we wanted to have our ownership by our December trip so we could add on 25 or 20 at Wilderness Lodge but at this rate, we may just decide to go non-Disney.... Does anyone know the "taken" ratio for SSR?

Taken 07.13.17 ---

this is our 2nd one that was TAKEN!!! I can't believe it. geez...what are we doing wrong disney! :guilty:
The only reason that I could think is September use year is coming up. I would suggest looking for a Feb-June use year on the next one. Good Luck!

Yes...we are already looking. maybe 3rd time is a charm... I don't know what we will do if it happens a 3rd time. we wanted to have our ownership by our December trip so we could add on 25 or 20 at Wilderness Lodge but at this rate, we may just decide to go non-Disney.... Does anyone know the "taken" ratio for SSR?

SSR has been a somewhat popular buyback target, no doubt due to being the lowest priced resale contracts (when you consider the price, being on WDW property, and the longer expiration) and being next to Disney Springs. If you go to post #1, there are links to previous ROFR threads where you can look through the contracts that were passed on vs. bought back.

There's really no logic to it, though, from a consumer perspective. Best to just keep submitting offers until one goes through. We had a 4-time ROFR'd BWV user a couple of quarters ago, so you're really only half way there. ;)

The only thing I'd suggest is don't offer extra money or target a use year or anything just to get ROFR waived. If you can be patient (and I know you had a trip in mind), you'll eventually get what you're looking for. This is a LONG TERM purchase, so don't sacrifice anything for short term results.

Good luck!

I hope the third time is a charm! And you could definitely still have a resale membership by December when this next one works out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter