ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious being new to buying DVC.
Is this like the itch you can't scratch... You can't just eat one potato chip...
Got through ROFR and already feel like I want more. Gotta resist the urge to go look at what's out their for sale. 😂
Oh I've been looking ever since we went off to ROFR 🤣 I don't think we'll add on just yet though, we need to see how well this works for us as SAP first. But I definitely wonder when/if they will start taking more than VGF. I want to get what we want before that!

I also dreamed last night that hubs and I went to Aulani, which I've said we will most likely never do, and it was the most gorgeous resort we'd ever seen and we were determined to add on there. Full day of flights? Who cares, we're all in!
That's when you know you have it bad, you're dreaming about Disney. 🤣 This is the only place I feel safe being a full on Disney adult. :P

Oh I've been looking ever since we went off to ROFR 🤣 I don't think we'll add on just yet though, we need to see how well this works for us as SAP first. But I definitely wonder when/if they will start taking more than VGF. I want to get what we want before that!
Ultimately I would like to get the 150 of direct but we will see. I like the half price discount of resale lol.
I also dreamed last night that hubs and I went to Aulani, which I've said we will most likely never do, and it was the most gorgeous resort we'd ever seen and we were determined to add on there. Full day of flights? Who cares, we're all in!
That's when you know you have it bad, you're dreaming about Disney. 🤣 This is the only place I feel safe being a full on Disney adult. :P
I have already been eye balling when we can do Aulani all the way from PA.

Ultimately I would like to get the 150 of direct but we will see. I like the half price discount of resale lol.

I have already been eye balling when we can do Aulani all the way from PA.
I don't know that we'll ever do direct, the price would have to be an amazing deal like last summer's VGF for us to consider, and that may never happen again. We're only 1.5 hours away though, so the direct benefits don't really add up for us to spend twice as much, and we can drop and go since we don't have to plan air travel.
I've heard such mixed things about Hawaii (not Aulani specifically). I have friends who've said it wasn't worth the travel and expense, and were one and done. I also know people that love it. We're doing a non-Disney Caribbean cruise over Thanksgiving, so if we like that a lot I think we'll just splurge on a Disney cruise every now and then instead of traveling all the way to Hawaii. Haha, you can tell I don't enjoy travel time and have never been anywhere significant, I'm over here saying, it's so faaaaaaar!!!!!!

Is this like the itch you can't scratch... You can't just eat one potato chip...
Got through ROFR and already feel like I want more. Gotta resist the urge to go look at what's out their for sale. 😂

Saaaame this is our first DVC, first resale and I"ve been on the lookout for a second the minute we put an offer in on the first. Wanted to make sure ROFR went well so we'd get the same use year.

Oh man, don't discount Aulani! We were a military family (out now!) and lived nearby and it's so gorgeous! We live in MI and it's a really long flight, but so worth it! We're trying for an 8 or 9 day trip to make it worth it.

Let your disney adult flag fly!

Once you have satisfied the basic need, it can become quite addictive going for the hard deals. You just need to remember that as low as you are going on your offer, chances are the seller bought them years ago ridiculously cheaply and have had their fun out of them. Don't feel guilty and don't be fobbed off by brokers telling you off for going for "unicorn" deals.

Once you have satisfied the basic need, it can become quite addictive going for the hard deals. You just need to remember that as low as you are going on your offer, chances are the seller bought them years ago ridiculously cheaply and have had their fun out of them. Don't feel guilty and don't be fobbed off by brokers telling you off for going for "unicorn" deals.
Broker actually helped me on last deal for Poly big time. I think my seller was someone in that situation that exactly.

We bought our first contract in January. Second contract was in ROFR before the first one closed lol. I’m trying really hard to stop looking for the third one now 😂

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blo...ry-24/?utm_source=partner&utm_campaign=dvcfan

Disregard if someone posted already. The lack of ROFR “heralds a concerning moment for the Disney Vacation Club product.…..which is a concerning trend for the long-term health and perception of the DVC marketplace.”

Is this the beginning of the end 😩
Hard for them to ROFR when they jacked the direct price up so high they can barely move the “sold out” direct resort inventory (outside of Grand Cal).

Hard for them to ROFR when they jacked the direct price up so high they can barely move the “sold out” direct resort inventory (outside of Grand Cal).
Speaking of Grand Cal, the boards sponsor has 19 listings. That’s the most I’ve seen in recent memory. But yeah, perhaps it’s similar to the real estate market, frozen in place? I don’t know. It feels like another shoe is about to fall. And I hate being alarmist!

A couple days ago, a 50pt VGC one pop up for my June UY search but when I clicked it, it was actually March. I thought it would disappear quickly but I'm surprised it's still there after a few days. And a lot of the over 100 pt contracts have been sitting there a long time. Quite a change from right after VDH sales opened up and all the VGC ones were taken so quickly!

I completely agree with this sentiment, personally for the kind of vacations we want to do annually the direct pricing is out of the question for us (paying in full, not financing), but resale is manageable. I could see them adding even more resale restrictions in the future - to deter buyers.
But with more restrictions should come a slightly lower price point, I don't think I can ever justify the price they are at now.

I'm going to see if I can get my antivirus software to treat the URL of this thread like an unsafe site so it blocks me from reading it. These prices are getting me itchy and I absolutely do NOT need to add on right now and I'm having a hard time resisting putting in offers...
Me too! My last one is going to college this fall so I have to keep repeating that we have enough points!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter