ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just dividing the sale price by the number of points on the deed. Or if I don’t know the points I would work it out.

BLT has 3 different total unit points 19640, 34975 and 39280.

So I would multiply the % of unit ownership on the deed by the total points in the unit usually 19640. If the figure doesn’t make sense I will try the others.

For example if the unit ownership is 0.8147% you would calculate:
.008147 * 19640 which would tell you the contract is for 160 points.

Let me know if this doesn’t make sense.

Oh wow! Did you happen to look at any VGF prices by chance?

Well I went on myself and figured it out- wow, rabbit hole is right! I realized that I need to find the regular names on both seller and buyer- I haven’t found a VGF contract there for less than $160. I am waiting on an offer I made at $155 :guilty:

And again, no one today :crazy2: DVD WHAT is going on?!?
they are in a room with every contract submitted by the deadline and picking what works better for them and using their buying budget efficiently :idea: but yeah i imagine they are being more cautious into what they let pass since they probably have a lot they can buy and sell directly that can make them lots of $ with the increase and the long(closed) waitlists they have :crazy2:

Well 30 days ago was around New Year's so probably not a lot of stuff was submitted from Xmas to New Year's. In fact, only 2 contracts on page 1, in waiting column, that are 30+ days out. But Monday should be the beginning of all the pre-1/19 mad rush folks hearing.

Well 30 days ago was around New Year's so probably not a lot of stuff was submitted from Xmas to New Year's. In fact, only 2 contracts on page 1, in waiting column, that are 30+ days out. But Monday should be the beginning of all the pre-1/19 mad rush folks hearing.

I know But there was that huge rush of people who submitted like 1/7-1/8 LOL I was hoping they would just keep churning though

Sorry I didn't mean to worry anyone - I attempted to apply logic to the ROFR process (there is a lot of theories) but unless you are prepared to dedicate a lot of time its impossible. I have accepted that I just have to wait it out and I may get lucky.

My broker advised they'd recently had contracts go through $135-140 at BLT so we matched an asking price contract with Fidelity taking into account their higher closing costs.

Good luck everyone and I hope there's more news next week.

Sorry I didn't mean to worry anyone - I attempted to apply logic to the ROFR process (there is a lot of theories) but unless you are prepared to dedicate a lot of time its impossible. I have accepted that I just have to wait it out and I may get lucky.

My broker advised they'd recently had contracts go through $135-140 at BLT so we matched an asking price contract with Fidelity taking into account their higher closing costs.

Good luck everyone and I hope there's more news next week.

I don't think you worried anyone.....well any more than we were already thinking of ROFR on our contracts. All in all, you just gave us data nerds another thing to overanalyze. For me it's fun. I have never spent more time on the comptroller's website as I have in the last day or so. Opened up another avenue too....I had no idea there were foreclosed contracts you could buy without ROFR. Thought that if the buyer defaulted it automatically went to Disney, but it doesn't. Not saying that I am going to go for a foreclosed contract....seems like there's too many unknowns, but it pains me that a lot of these contracts go back to Disney for $100....

I don't think you worried anyone.....well any more than we were already thinking of ROFR on our contracts. All in all, you just gave us data nerds another thing to overanalyze. For me it's fun. I have never spent more time on the comptroller's website as I have in the last day or so. Opened up another avenue too....I had no idea there were foreclosed contracts you could buy without ROFR. Thought that if the buyer defaulted it automatically went to Disney, but it doesn't. Not saying that I am going to go for a foreclosed contract....seems like there's too many unknowns, but it pains me that a lot of these contracts go back to Disney for $100....
Yeah you can bid on foreclosed property online but they sell for very similar price as the resales do mostly because Disney bids on them that high. I saw a 25 and 50 point Boardwalk contract go for 150+ a point then the person still would owe two years of maintenance fees on top of that (since the judgement was for MF 3 years ago). Disney didn’t win that one and I don’t think the person buying those really won either since they are/were less at the time for buying resale. Cheap ones that get sold in foreclosure simply Disney just takes and no one else bid on.

just saw the ROFR report from my broker yeah im pretty sure my vgf contract will get taken. so math wise i went all the way to january 1 they have announced 164 ROFR waivers until the 25th. on their report it says they sent 546 contracts and 49 got taken that means 512 passed that leaves 348 that were not announced on their facebook soooit might be that they dont announce all even on days we see no movement they might still get answers back from Disney. now im rambling its day 28 for us :hourglass

So that’s the broker we use and our contract was taken Jan 14th but it’s not listed there. Could it be an oversight? Maybe. But I looked Up the name of the person we were buying from in the OC records and she still owns the contract. Do you think they don’t put them in the ROFR report until the entire deal is closed and out of their hands? Or did my seller change their mind?

I wrote the broker who had my contract and sent it on 1/12 (haven't heard yet).. they said the listings in the blog are NOT ALL FROM JAN. 2019... EVEN THOUGH it clearly says that they were all from JAN 2019... very confusing

Not confident at all on our contract based on the ROFR data just released. The % odds are reasonable but lots of contract above our price point have been taken

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter