ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seeing something interesting....
I have been keeping my eyes on a specific listing that's listed across several broker's sites. A couple days ago, two of the brokers changed its status to "sale pending", but only one broker sold it, so who is it? 🤔 The 3rd broker jus pulled it all together. I'm not doing any analysis or data collecting, just simply curious. Why one of them would make it look like they "sold" it?

I'm seeing something interesting....
I have been keeping my eyes on a specific listing that's listed across several broker's sites. A couple days ago, two of the brokers changed its status to "sale pending", but only one broker sold it, so who is it? 🤔 The 3rd broker jus pulled it all together. I'm not doing any analysis or data collecting, just simply curious. Why one of them would make it look like they "sold" it?
Multiple brokers listing the same contract? Does that really happen?

If you are buying from an international seller they need your SS #. I am not sure exactly why.
It’s because the IRS can find & collect from the US buyer, something much harder to do w/ international sellers.
International sellers owe US taxes on gains from selling US real estate. But because foreigners don’t have social security numbers or taxpayer ID numbers if they don’t pay the IRS has no way to collect the tax owed from them. Thus the IRS requires the US buyer - whom they can locate (via social security no.) & collect from if necessary - to set aside 15% of the proceeds to make sure any tax owed is paid.
Here’s a link w/ more details about the process from a couple months ago.
When a foreigner sells real estate in the US they must pay capital gains tax on the sale - FIRPTA - if they don’t pay that tax, you the buyer of that real estate will be liable for that tax. The IRS assumes the tax is 15% of the sale price, but many sellers owe less than that. Typically the title company will take care of all of that for both you and the seller either by sending 15% to the IRS & letting the seller claim a refund from the IRS or by holding the funds in an escrow account while the IRS determines how much tax the seller owes & once that happens sending the tax owed to the IRS & the rest to the seller.
Here’s a thread discussing FIRPTA & 8288.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/irs-notice-about-my-dvc-purchase.3901534/#post-64424073

Before moving to the west coast a couple years ago, we almost did the exact same thing for the exact same reason. HH is a good buy in this situation. Good luck, hope you land it!
It was NOT TO BE !
It listed at $98(per point) and was stripped, with no points coming on until 2025.
I offered $75 -
They countered with $92 -
I countered their counter with $85 - -
Then, after a day of radio silence, the agent told me they accepted a higher offer.

On to the next. :P

momomaya---$145-$31189-200-PVB-Jun-0/22, 400/23, 200/24- sent 5/17, passed 6/7

Just passed ROFR! this is very exciting!! Now I have a couple of questions related to closing - (1) The closing statement has a 7/25 closing date on it. Does it make sense to be that far? I was expecting the closing can be processed sooner.. (2) the title company asked for my social security number as part of the buyer information. Is it legit? (first time buyer feeling nervous :banana: )

I've learnt a lot on this board. Thanks so much everyone!!!!
Reporting back... So I did a bit of research also chatted with the title company. Here's what I learnt: (1) the 7/25 closing date is not real..:snooty: they will proceed to closing once the closing docs and the remaining balance are received (2) If not financing, ssn is not required. What they sent was just a standard template. Just sent all closing docs back. Now waiting (im)patiently.....

HyperspaceMountainPilot---$115-$12,188-101-BCV-Sep-0/22, 0/23, 101/24-Seller pays 2023 MFs- sent 5/25, passed 6/13

This contract is a delayed close, so now I just patiently wait for my beloved Beach Club to finally become mine, which I've been dreaming of (on and off) for nearly 20 years... what's 3 more months between soulmates?
Am I the only one who wonders what led the original owners to purchase 101 points direct?

Am I the only one who wonders what led the original owners to purchase 101 points direct?
A lucky number? Or maybe it was a precise need for a certain # of days for a week they were going the year they bought. Does seem odd, but I've run numbers and sometimes see I'll need to borrow just a couple over our rounded number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter