ROFR Thread April to June 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do we think the replacement is another hotel flip? I agreed with the DVC show that they won’t build another stand alone DVC for another 8-10 years. At least they need to sell out 1-2 of the 5 resorts they will have coming in the next 2 years. Whatever the replacement is, won’t happen for a while. I bought BWV for me, I’m fine keeping it until it expires. Hopefully at least one of my kids will buy that replacement when they have money.
I think it will most likely be a flip only because of real estate, or the lack there of. All the prime real estate near Epcot/HS has already been taken. And another brand new resort on the monorail loop would make MK even more unbearably crowded. I'm glad there's so much room inventory at BWV as it's usually not hard to get a pool view room there in the summer. If and when they decide to do a Yacht club conversion to DVC, I'll be the first one in line to buy!

I think it will most likely be a flip only because of real estate, or the lack there of. All the prime real estate near Epcot/HS has already been taken. And another brand new resort on the monorail loop would make MK even more unbearably crowded. I'm glad there's so much room inventory at BWV as it's usually not hard to get a pool view room there in the summer. If and when they decide to do a Yacht club conversion to DVC, I'll be the first one in line to buy!
85B3206E-3DA1-4F59-B190-4455C74CB5D2.jpegBCD20E38-6411-4864-92C0-AC657C8AA502.jpeg
Not unreasonable, right?

DH just called me and asked if I saw the email with the heading “DVC Contract”… I said no… now after reading the passing ROFR’s here today, I’m thinking maybe ours was done today too!! I was so excited to open my email, only to see a form to fill out to open escrow!! 😒

DH just called me and asked if I saw the email with the heading “DVC Contract”… I said no… now after reading the passing ROFR’s here today, I’m thinking maybe ours was done today too!! I was so excited to open my email, only to see a form to fill out to open escrow!! 😒

I had a similar thing happen - something about the loan from the lender we're using... So ridiculous... I was like, please don't contact me again until I hear about ROFR... LOL

Received the same email today & had the same reaction! ugh

I passed ROFR on March 22nd and still waiting for the seller to send back paperwork. Broker told me the sellers(UK) have Covid, couldn’t make to their scheduled notary appointment last week.🙁
I passed on the 24th and have not even gotten my paperwork yet. Karina at TRCS says today after 13 days that she did not know I needed title ins and now has to get a title commitment. It's a resale. Of course I need title insurance. My agent said Cammy at Mason does not do Aulani, but I am wishing we had gone with any other closing company at this point.

I passed on the 24th and have not even gotten my paperwork yet. Karina at TRCS says today after 13 days that she did not know I needed title ins and now has to get a title commitment. It's a resale. Of course I need title insurance. My agent said Cammy at Mason does not do Aulani, but I am wishing we had gone with any other closing company at this point.

Uh oh. What is title insurance? Is that only if you are financing?

Yes, we are financing, because my husband did not get a bonus this year. His bonus (if paid) comes in March, and I did not want to wait another year to start DVC. We plan to pay it off plus get 2 more contracts with his March 2023 bonus, but that could backfire if he does not get a bonus again, lol. We can still make the payments, just can't pay it off without a bonus. Funnily enough, I was going to go to Aulani over Thanksgiving 2022 (now points won't get in on time for that anyway), then Spring Break 2023 with these points, but now I have other trips planned that keep getting in the way. So, I rushed into this contract and am not even going to be using the points until December 2023. I am just trying to get the contract before the banking period expires though. I have points I need to bank.

I am actually glad I did not go through with the Poly contract I almost bought now, because I would have two sets of points I would need to rent out. I do not look forward to renting out points. We aren't going to WDW again until 2024. By then, the new Poly tower will be on sale and my husband should have another bonus (March 2024).

If no bonus hopefully at the least a Jelly of the Month club subscription.
This year, nada. Not even jelly. Clark one upped him here. The good news is it is only April and they are already almost at their yearly financial goal, so stretch bonus is a real possibility!

I should add that even if you're not financing, you should get it on a resale. It protects you from financial loss due to title defects, undeclared liens, or other matters that could interrupt or impact the transfer of ownership of a timeshare title between two people.

Update:
zachatak---$157-$16480-100-PVB-Mar-0/21, 50/22, 100/23- sent 3/18, passed 4/6

Yes, we are financing, because my husband did not get a bonus this year. His bonus (if paid) comes in March, and I did not want to wait another year to start DVC. We plan to pay it off plus get 2 more contracts with his March 2023 bonus, but that could backfire if he does not get a bonus again, lol. We can still make the payments, just can't pay it off without a bonus. Funnily enough, I was going to go to Aulani over Thanksgiving 2022 (now points won't get in on time for that anyway), then Spring Break 2023 with these points, but now I have other trips planned that keep getting in the way. So, I rushed into this contract and am not even going to be using the points until December 2023. I am just trying to get the contract before the banking period expires though. I have points I need to bank.

I am actually glad I did not go through with the Poly contract I almost bought now, because I would have two sets of points I would need to rent out. I do not look forward to renting out points. We aren't going to WDW again until 2024. By then, the new Poly tower will be on sale and my husband should have another bonus (March 2024).

Sounds like you have lots of great plans all ready to go. Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter