ROFR Thread April to June 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michiel---$120-$37774-300-SSR-Jun-0/20, 600/21, 300/22-International seller- sent 5/11

Second try. This time offered more per point than I could get it for, loaded contract and international seller. If this doesn’t get through for SSR, I don’t know what does at this time…

The first one of these got taken today…

Michiel---$111-$28470-250-SSR-Jun-0/20, 0/21, 250/22- sent 4/21 taken 5/9

Second one taken as well;

Michiel---$111-$11675-100-SSR-Oct-0/20, 5/21, 100/22- sent 4/24 taken 5/11

Have a third new one in (posted above) at a higher price and loaded, let’s see where that goes..

Second one taken as well;

Michiel---$111-$11675-100-SSR-Oct-0/20, 5/21, 100/22- sent 4/24 taken 5/11

Have a third new one in (posted above) at a higher price and loaded, let’s see where that goes..
Wow they are merciless with SSR now... Sorry you are striking out back to back like that, your last one looks pretty good, I can’t see them taking it for $120 pp

Congrats!! That’s a long time to wait!
It makes me realize that I could’ve had it much worse and I need to be patient. I’m on Day 25 (since closing) waiting for my membership to be created. It was sent for ROFR on 3/10. I’m about to make myself crazy checking my email constantly. I don’t know how y’all did it!!
Turns out my email address wrong, so not sure when they sent the emails, but they could see my profile when I called a week ago but said they couldn’t (or wouldn’t) do anything without the information from the emails. I called 3 different times over the last week (obviously patience is a virtue that is a struggle for me) and today the sweet cast member was willing to at least double check my email and figured out the issue. I officially have an account with points now! 🥳

SSR prices seem to be leapfrogging AKV all of a sudden. Some prices of listings are insane

It is crazy what is going on with SSR all of a sudden. I just passed with a 220 point contract at $105 pp three weeks ago.And another that was only $100 pp passed on 5/7. Strange

Last edited:
The thing is that the POS specifically states what happens. There's nothing for Disney to validate. There has to be a time limit on a right of first refusal or they could hold up closing forever without recourse....Disney could just not reply to anyone and the entire resale market would come to a halt.

View attachment 573759
So I take this as if they don't respond by the proposed close date, ROFR has been waived and they can't take the contract even if you haven't actually closed yet. I wonder if they've 1) ever taken a contract after the proposed date and 2) ever been contested by this.

I still don't understand why brokers don't include a ~30 closing date in the contracts to force Disney to decide fairly quickly. The broker is getting their commission either way. I guess maybe they don't want to be the broker that has everything taken because they upset Disney. But Disney obviously isn't going to take everything so if enough brokers used a shorter timeframe, contracts would still get through. You don't actually have to close in 30 days either. I thought not closing on time gave the buyer an out, which wouldn't be ideal, but I don't see anything in my contract regarding this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter