• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread April to June 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a confession. I got into a bidding war over a "baby contract" of 25 points and I may have lost my mind. I've been looking for a 25 point property at BoardWalk Villas for my Epcot/Hollywood Studio stays so I can walk to the parks. I'm not feeling regrets, I'm feeling stupid. I did find out that my "best offer" was only 3 points higher than the highest bid. That's a good thing, I guess.

I'm so not posting the stats. I think it was sent to ROFR yesterday or today. They are a little more vague at The DVC Shop.

Anyone else done this before? Any else have buyers remorse? UGH!

I have a confession. I got into a bidding war over a "baby contract" of 25 points and I may have lost my mind. I've been looking for a 25 point property at BoardWalk Villas for my Epcot/Hollywood Studio stays so I can walk to the parks. I'm not feeling regrets, I'm feeling stupid. I did find out that my "best offer" was only 3 points higher than the highest bid. That's a good thing, I guess.

I'm so not posting the stats. I think it was sent to ROFR yesterday or today. They are a little more vague at The DVC Shop.

If you truly have buyers remorse you have 10 days to get out of the contract, you need to provide a written request the your agent.

Well now we gotta know! No shame here!

If you truly have buyers remorse you have 10 days to get out of the contract, you need to provide a written request the your agent.
I totally had Buyers Remorse on an OKW property. The price was right, but I regretted the decision the next day and kept searching the boards for BWV or BCV properties. I'm not someone who backs out of deals, but buying it to sell it again (to get rid of it) when I had those 10 days felt dumb. I still feel bad for wasting everyones time. I won't do it again. I'm going to keep my "overpriced" BWV contract. It's the perfect compliment to what I currently have. It's such a sellers market right now.

Okay first time with a resale after being an owner at OKW since 1994. Another broker called and laughed at me for paying so much. I will try to do my OKW-E, too, which he said will never pass ROFR...

ILoveMyDVC---$112-$34988-300-SSR-Apr-0/20, 519/21, 300/22, 300/23- sent 3/31

Last edited:
I totally had Buyers Remorse on an OKW property. The price was right, but I regretted the decision the next day and kept searching the boards for BWV or BCV properties. I'm not someone who backs out of deals, but buying it to sell it again (to get rid of it) when I had those 10 days felt dumb. I still feel bad for wasting everyones time. I won't do it again. I'm going to keep my "overpriced" BWV contract. It's the perfect compliment to what I currently have. It's such a sellers market right now.
BWV tiny contracts have shot through the roof. I can relate to what you are feeling, specially considering what the larger BWV contracts are going for..

I totally had Buyers Remorse on an OKW property. The price was right, but I regretted the decision the next day and kept searching the boards for BWV or BCV properties. I'm not someone who backs out of deals, but buying it to sell it again (to get rid of it) when I had those 10 days felt dumb. I still feel bad for wasting everyones time. I won't do it again.
Do not be so hard on yourself and do not feel bad about doing something completely legal that benefits you. If there was a "bidding war" I'd feel even less bad since multiple people are waiting in line with offers. Did the broker tell you there was a bidding war? Whether they did or not I've heard that language from them and that type of persuasion is part of the reason that these types of laws have to exist.

Do not be so hard on yourself and do not feel bad about doing something completely legal that benefits you. If there was a "bidding war" I'd feel even less bad. Did the broker tell you there was a bidding war? Whether they did or not I've heard that language from them and that type of persuasion is part of the reason that these types of laws have to exist.
Yes! Said to send your highest and final. This is the second "bidding war" I'd been in. Oh well, its all good. I just feel bad I pushed the prices higher for "baby contracts".

:oops::oops::oops::oops: Don't judge too harshly. I really, really wanted this baby contract.

Amyeliza---$201-$5670-25-BWV-Aug-0/20, 25/21, 25/22- sent 4/6

On a positive note, it's cheaper than resale! The second highest bidder was at $198. Buying direct it would be $210 a point, so I did still save a little $$.

You did save a little money! And you’re pretty much gauranteed ROFR won’t take it 😅 when I saw this listing I thought it was ridiculous but knowing there was a bidding war is just showing how crazy buyers are currently. For me I thought a little bit more money would give me direct points but I think it’s cuz I have direct points already so I would see it as worth it to pay direct.

:oops::oops::oops::oops: Don't judge too harshly. I really, really wanted this baby contract.

On a positive note, it's cheaper than resale! The second highest bidder was at $198. Buying direct it would be $210 a point, so I did still save a little $$.

I would use the 10 day allowance to get out of that contract. You don’t realize it, but you are paying more for resale then direct.

Lets say you get it from Disney at 210 for the same UY. You would get 2020 points, and then you could sell those points for 16 dollars per point. Your new cost is 194 per point compared to 201 per point for resale (plus closing costs in both cases which should be comparable)

No judgement here. If its what you want to do, I get the excitement, and I know that there are plenty of others who would have jumped on it. Which is apparent by the other bids!

On the other hand, I am not sure I would be as patient! The resale process can be a long wait. I probably would have forked over the extra $225 to buy direct and get it sooner as my patience is slim lol. Plus if you bought direct, wouldn't you get 2020 points? Just a thought.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter