**ROFR Thread 2015 January-June** Please read 1st post for instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes. I sure hope I get word back before day 38. That is totally nerve-wracking. At least you're staying positive.
I'm trying, but starting to get frustrated. Our sellers forgot to bank points and they had to use their one time exception to bank them late.

I'm trying, but starting to get frustrated. Our sellers forgot to bank points and they had to use their one time exception to bank them late.
That would make everyone a little frustrated. Especially sense losing the points would have had you doubting your offer. You would think DVD would be getting around to it soon.

That would make everyone a little frustrated. Especially sense losing the points would have had you doubting your offer. You would think DVD would be getting around to it soon.

Hoping we hear soon and yes we were a little upset when we found out the points weren't banked. They were supposed to be banked when we started all this.

$114-$23940-210-BLT-Aug-210'/14 (unbanked), 210/'15, 210/'16-sent 5/14/15

Wishing on a star for a quick closing and a chance to bank 2014 pts before they expire on 8/1/15 - I know it's a long shot, but it's Disney and "DREAMS COME TRUE!"

$114-$23940-210-BLT-Aug-210'/14 (unbanked), 210/'15, 210/'16-sent 5/14/15

Wishing on a star for a quick closing and a chance to bank 2014 pts before they expire on 8/1/15 - I know it's a long shot, but it's Disney and "DREAMS COME TRUE!"

Fingers crossed for you! What a great attitude to have! :flower1:

I'm thinking we should start a support group for contracts that have gone to ROFR that require an addendum! :sad: LOL

Got news today that the 4 points for '14 were actually banked and need to be used by November and they were listed as available in contract. Soooo....Disney was "sitting on it" (for 32 days). We need to do an addendum but I'm told Disney will "put a rush on it":snail: !!!
Good news is I'm not in a terrible rush, just want to be kept in the loop, I guess I'll be hanging on this thread for a while longer!

I just booked a cash reservation in case this process drags on. I will be traveling from 9/19 to 9/25. From the sounds of all the other thread my vacation may be over by the time points are loaded. I don't even know if anything for a 1 bedroom would be available with really short notice. Boo! I was thinking a 2 month process and then 2 weeks for a DVC account...that is what broker suggested. : ( Sent for ROFR on 5/1

I'm thinking we should start a support group for contracts that have gone to ROFR that require an addendum! :sad: LOL

Got news today that the 4 points for '14 were actually banked and need to be used by November and they were listed as available in contract. Soooo....Disney was "sitting on it" (for 32 days). We need to do an addendum but I'm told Disney will "put a rush on it":snail: !!!
Good news is I'm not in a terrible rush, just want to be kept in the loop, I guess I'll be hanging on this thread for a while longer!
40 days and We have yet to hear. Trying to stay positive but it's driving me crazy. I just want to know,so I can be excited or move on.

The 30 day ROFR is actually a huge misconception that has become increasingly accepted as the rule due to the increase of incompetent and misinformed brokers. The ROFR process which is outlined in each DVC resort's declaration states that Disney has to be provided the contract at least 30 days prior to closing. Further, they have up until the closing date to make their decision. This is something very much different than a 30 day window. Many brokers, many of which are former DVC employees with no legal background, are taking it upon themselves to add legal verbiage to contracts with a clear lack of knowledge of the process. The broker in my recent transaction tried to give Disney 65 days with the contract wording.

Typically, Disney is responding within 30 days, but if a litigation need came to fruition, most uninformed buyers would have no leg to stand on. The rule is very clear IMO.

I don't think Disney likes you, lol. Just kidding. I'm sure they'll say something this next week.
Lol. Thanks for the encouragement. Hoping we hear something this week. They sat on too day 30 until they told us about points needing to be banked.

Lol. Thanks for the encouragement. Hoping we hear something this week. They sat on too day 30 until they told us about points needing to be banked.
They are so crummy for that. I hope I don't get a message at the 30 day point saying there was a point mixup, start from day 1 waiting again. I guess we'll see soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter