• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**ROFR Thread 2014 JULY-DEC** Please read 1st post for instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Many may think I am crazy but I went into the POTENTIAL purchase:) with eyes wide open. I have seen all the threads above and several others that conveyed varying degrees of incompetence....my ultimate conclusion was that in exchange for saving $3000 (if the deal goes through) I am setting my self up for some major headaches and possibly having to start over if it falls apart. I view my trouble as sweat equity:) When looking at ALL the reviews of this company on line, I was satisfied that they aren't thieves per se but border on criminally negligent....with that I intentionally purchased via credit card (o% with cash on hand to pay off...so don't worry folks) to ensure that my money is safe if they do not deliver as promised. I do have in writing the date of submission and so I will know once we get to the 30 day market if things are on the up and up. I will be sure to put the follow ups here. Fingers crossed.:confused3
I got a second chance offer for the same auction then researched their actual company name and title company and decided not to buy. I'm willing to bet you "won" the same second chance offer I did -- they must have dozens of the same unit ;). FWIW, they had no idea what a UY was when I asked -- doesn't install confidence that they've ever actually submitted anything to DVC. Glad you paid with a credit card. I guess it's a safe bet, especially if you cancel after the 30 day ROFR (please provide feedback on eBay if you do). It's hard to say if they are criminals per se, but based on what I've read in all the reviews and forums, they have outright lied to people saying they've submitted for ROFR then claim to have "errors" and have to resubmit -- people have called the companies and been told nothing was submitted or it was submitted under a different name (e.g. another customer). People have also been provided forged estoppel documents (same one sent to multiple customers). Again, not sure if that's illegal, but certainly not ethical. They also seem to be using shills to bid, post reviews, and post on forums. E.g. they use private listings so you can't see the other bidders and see that 100% of their activity is with that seller (a sign of a shill). Since they don't use eBay for processing payments, their shill bidders can also provide feedback without having to actually pay for the item, thus their positive eBay feedback (along with high % of feedback as a buyer). They also string customers along well outside eBay's feedback window, to avoid negative feedback and on the off chance someone gets antsy within the window they offer a refund in exchange to agree to remove the feedback -- indicated as in the feedback history. That said, they do operate a PCC company so do have access to actual timeshares, but I strongly suspect they are selling timeshares they don't already own then scrambling to find them which is why it typically takes months or years for them to finally offer a refund. Makes you wonder what they do with the 10s of thousands of dollars they demand up front in the mean time -- would be easy to fall into a Ponzi scheme where they have to sell more timeshares they don't actually own to pay out the people demanding refunds -- it's all fun and games until the party is over. Good luck!

I got a second chance offer for the same auction then researched their actual company name and title company and decided not to buy. I'm willing to bet you "won" the same second chance offer I did -- they must have dozens of the same unit ;). FWIW, they had no idea what a UY was when I asked -- doesn't install confidence that they've ever actually submitted anything to DVC. Glad you paid with a credit card. I guess it's a safe bet, especially if you cancel after the 30 day ROFR (please provide feedback on eBay if you do). It's hard to say if they are criminals per se, but based on what I've read in all the reviews and forums, they have outright lied to people saying they've submitted for ROFR then claim to have "errors" and have to resubmit -- people have called the companies and been told nothing was submitted or it was submitted under a different name (e.g. another customer). People have also been provided forged estoppel documents (same one sent to multiple customers). Again, not sure if that's illegal, but certainly not ethical. They also seem to be using shills to bid, post reviews, and post on forums. E.g. they use private listings so you can't see the other bidders and see that 100% of their activity is with that seller (a sign of a shill). Since they don't use eBay for processing payments, their shill bidders can also provide feedback without having to actually pay for the item, thus their positive eBay feedback (along with high % of feedback as a buyer). They also string customers along well outside eBay's feedback window, to avoid negative feedback and on the off chance someone gets antsy within the window they offer a refund in exchange to agree to remove the feedback -- indicated as in the feedback history. That said, they do operate a PCC company so do have access to actual timeshares, but I strongly suspect they are selling timeshares they don't already own then scrambling to find them which is why it typically takes months or years for them to finally offer a refund. Makes you wonder what they do with the 10s of thousands of dollars they demand up front in the mean time -- would be easy to fall into a Ponzi scheme where they have to sell more timeshares they don't actually own to pay out the people demanding refunds -- it's all fun and games until the party is over. Good luck!

VERY INTERESTING!!! I will be sure to stay on top of things and keep everyone who's interested posted on the outcome. I wonder if you know how the Disclaimer at the end of thier ebay listing that said "If you receive a second chance offer, please call to confirm" plays into all this. Is that what prompted you to call them?

im still waiting for Disney to show the new membership number. Today they rejected our recorded ROFR and Deed and our requiring a signed contract extension. I think our timeshare broker "A Timeshare Broker" was not on top of the time schedule. I started the contract in July and we still don't have the membership number.:confused3
We finally got our membership number. We got into contract in July and its November. that was one long escrow....

Steelersforlife24 $83-$7472 (includes 425 closing + 407 projected MFs)-80-SSR-Dec-0/'14, 80/'15, 80/'16-sent 11/3, waiting ROFR

Hoping for a thanksgiving present!!

JasonV1---$80-$5,370-60-VWL-Aug-33/'15, 60/'16-sent 11/3 (Price includes closing costs+maint fees for 33 points)

Hoping to add these to my existing 150 Aug VWL purchased last year at this time. Should give me enough for the occasional pricey holiday stay, which was the goal. Not a lot of small August contracts at the moment but I'm happy with the price I paid. Would have been nice to have all points for 2015 but I'll have some I bank from this year so my main focus was 2016 and beyond.

Here's a question... Do you think that the Thanksgiving Holiday will speed up or slow down the process? I really think that it'll make things draw out some. But I was also thinking that if Disney had just 30 days and people need to clear their desks before the holiday it might make things happen sooner/

Thanks! BTW, typo in the chart entry for me -- should be 220 points instead of 200. Thanks.
Sorry... fixed. :thumbsup2

Geomom---$88-$9206-100-BWV-Apr-100/'15, 100/'16-sent 10/2

PASSED ROFR on 10/29! :cool1:
Welcome Home!

We passed today after losing one last month!! :):)

$70-$10,500-150-OKW-APRIL-150/'14, 150/'15, sent 10/7

So excited !!
Welcome Home!!!!

Passed on the 24th. The title company tells me they already have the estoppel!
Amazing deal! Can't believe you got 40 pts for that price. Well done & Welcome Home!

We finally got our membership number. We got into contract in July and its November. that was one long escrow....
Geez. That took forever. :faint:

Steelersforlife24 $83-$7472 (includes 425 closing + 407 projected MFs)-80-SSR-Dec-0/'14, 80/'15, 80/'16-sent 11/3, waiting ROFR

Hoping for a thanksgiving present!!
Good Luck!

JasonV1---$80-$5,370-60-VWL-Aug-33/'15, 60/'16-sent 11/3 (Price includes closing costs+maint fees for 33 points)

Hoping to add these to my existing 150 Aug VWL purchased last year at this time. Should give me enough for the occasional pricey holiday stay, which was the goal. Not a lot of small August contracts at the moment but I'm happy with the price I paid. Would have been nice to have all points for 2015 but I'll have some I bank from this year so my main focus was 2016 and beyond.
Good Luck. Nice price.

Dsnydaddy---$72-10,800-150-SSR-Oct-0/’14, 150/’15, 150/’16-sent 11/3
Good Luck!!!

jlreimer -- $70/pt, $9094 (seller pays closing and credit for '15 pts/buyer pays Fidelity admin fee) 130-SSR-Feb, 0/'12, 0/'13, 102/'14, 89/'15, sent 10/21.

Found out this passed today. Pretty quick timeline -- 2 weeks faster than my last one.

$92-$2675 (includes buyer paid closing fees) 25-AKV-Oct-0/14', 25/15', 25/16', 25/17'-sent 10/17/14, passed 11/4/14

I'm sad, this deal didn't work out. The seller failed to mention that he had a vacation booked in March 2015. Anyway, I put another offer in at a different location

70 pp, 11,900, April UY, AKV, 85/15, 170/16, buyer half MF on the 85 points, buyer pays cc. Offer accepted 10/18. Hoping this one works out!

Wow, already received notification that I passed ROFR yesterday. 16 days, that's amazing! So excited. :goodvibes

We passed today!

Chrismc11--$96-$15,360-BLT-APR-160/'14, 160/'15, 160/'16-Sent 10/17
Seller pays 2014, buyer bays 2015 dues

Now the waiting continues!

Wow that was two that passed within two weeks of submission! That can be good or bad for me. I was Hoping to have the entire 30 days so that I'd have that much more money to payoff the closing and 2015 points!

Wow that was two that passed within two weeks of submission! That can be good or bad for me. I was Hoping to have the entire 30 days so that I'd have that much more money to payoff the closing and 2015 points!

My broker told me that thr Rofr's are coming back very quick but the estoppels are taking longer. I was hoping to close after dec 5th but will plan on it happening sooner just in case. Perhaps with thanksgiving it may slow things down a bit.

My broker told me that thr Rofr's are coming back very quick but the estoppels are taking longer. I was hoping to close after dec 5th but will plan on it happening sooner just in case. Perhaps with thanksgiving it may slow things down a bit.

Is that 30 day deadline for ROFR a hard rule? In other words do they loose their ROFR if they take longer? If so, that could be a good reason to keep their backlog to a minimum. They run a risk on one they want getting away if they are on a long weekend. That could account for the quick turnarounds.

HSmith23--$74-$14,800 (seller pays '14 MF's, buyer pays '15 MF's and closing costs)-SSR-200-June-264/'14-200/'15-200/'16

Sent 10/19, passed today!! So excited for our 1st DVC contract!!

Congrats to all who passed so quickly! I'm still waiting and it's killing me!! Sent 10/10, I hope this doesn't mean bad news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter