• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**ROFR Thread 2014 JULY-DEC** Please read 1st post for instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
64 days after passing ROFR, these two contracts with Fidelity fell through due to Seller Default. :headache:

Onward and upward with another company and another contract!

bellapecas --- $96 - $25,920 - 270 - BLT - Sept - 247/'14, 270/'15, 270/'16 - sent 09/13 ... waiting

I just put in an offer so I'm still new at this what does seller default mean?

finally passed

martin 33 $67 $14740 220 OKW AUG 220/'13 220/'14 220/'15 sent Aug 25 passed Sept 22
seller pays 2013 and 2014 MF's, buyer pays closing

hang in there those who got ROFR'd - this was my second time around after Disney took one in July!

We are using DVC Resale Market - Nick Cotton and love him!
Glad to hear this! I will hopefully be using him if I can get the seller to come down on price.

Wow! Seeing all the BLT closing around 94/point makes me very hopeful! If anyone can recommend some places to buy through I would appreciate it. Been looking at the timeshare store primarily, but BLT seems to be around 105/point there.

I have made 2 offers for BLT that were asking $105 one would not budge on price and it was not loaded and the other I tried $96 and $98 with very little movement and I just tried $99 on Sunday and I'm still waiting to hear back.

day 28 9/23 got an email from TTS was told they got an email from Disney and have to make a correction on our contract so we signed it and faxed back within an hour, now my question is do we wait an additional 30 days before we get an answer from Disney? my broker said he has no clue, has anyone here experienced something similar to this? pls advise thanks! ~ day 29 today still silence

day 28 9/23 got an email from TTS was told they got an email from Disney and have to make a correction on our contract so we signed it and faxed back within an hour, now my question is do we wait an additional 30 days before we get an answer from Disney? my broker said he has no clue, has anyone here experienced something similar to this? pls advise thanks! ~ day 29 today still silence

Im so sorry, and I can relate.....We originally were told that our contract was submitted for ROFR in July and then two plus weeks later we were told that Disney was waiting on a death certificate from seller and finally received it so they were starting ROFR all over again- I was so bummed- I know it was just two weeks lost but still, to me it seemed like eternity. I asked the broker if that meant we would have to wait the full 30 days all over again and they let me know- maybe but, Disney may rush it since we were waiting a while.....fast forwarded to now and? the second time at ROFR took 28 days- so there was no rushing the process. I was just happy we passed!!! Now we are waiting for our closing docs...

The waiting is difficult, especially since we want to plan a trip in May- so if we were on the original timeline we would be able to book at 7 months, now we are looking closer to booking at 6 months.

I don't know if you will also have to wait the full time again. Frustrating that you had to wait till day 28 to find out there was an error. Good Luck and hang in there-

Last time when disney asked for correction during ROFR, they took the contract. Hope this should not happen to you. Good luck with rest of the process.

Last time when disney asked for correction during ROFR, they took the contract. Hope this should not happen to you. Good luck with rest of the process.
TTS rep simply made a mistake on typing the number of points on one of the clause in our contract, it really is just a typo so frustrating, he apologized for the error but told me he cant give me a timeframe it's all up to Disney...nothing to do but more waiting...

Im so sorry, and I can relate.....We originally were told that our contract was submitted for ROFR in July and then two plus weeks later we were told that Disney was waiting on a death certificate from seller and finally received it so they were starting ROFR all over again- I was so bummed- I know it was just two weeks lost but still, to me it seemed like eternity. I asked the broker if that meant we would have to wait the full 30 days all over again and they let me know- maybe but, Disney may rush it since we were waiting a while.....fast forwarded to now and? the second time at ROFR took 28 days- so there was no rushing the process. I was just happy we passed!!! Now we are waiting for our closing docs... The waiting is difficult, especially since we want to plan a trip in May- so if we were on the original timeline we would be able to book at 7 months, now we are looking closer to booking at 6 months. I don't know if you will also have to wait the full time again. Frustrating that you had to wait till day 28 to find out there was an error. Good Luck and hang in there-
~ thanks for sharing your experience..hopefully we'll hear good news from Disney sooner than later

This is starting to be a filthy habit. I pulled up a DVC listing website on Wednesday, saw a small, reasonably priced contract that fit my use year, and decided to make an offer on the spur of the moment.

supersnoop---$68-$3,215-40-SSR-Jun-0/'14, 40/'15, 40/'16-sent 9/26

This is starting to be a filthy habit. I pulled up a DVC listing website on Wednesday, saw a small, reasonably priced contract that fit my use year, and decided to make an offer on the spur of the moment.

supersnoop---$68-$3,215-40-SSR-Jun-0/'14, 40/'15, 40/'16-sent 9/26

Good luck!

Heard today that I passed ROFR! I feel very fortunate. Now on to closing.

chrisvee---$77-$15,905-200-BWV-Sep-91/'14, 200/'15, 200/'16-sent 8/29, passed 9/27

First contract ! Hope I listed this correctly:) $70-$10,500-150 OKW March - 150/'13, 150/'14 , 105/'2015 ( 45 of the 150 in 2015 were borrowed) Sent 8/31. Fingers crossed :)

Just found out today that Disney took ours :(

hookedondw---$103-$12,875-125-BLT-April-125/13, 125/'14, 125/'15, 125/'16-sent 9/24
Seller pays 2013 and 2014 MF's, buyer pays closing costs.

Giving it another shot with a different home and UY, hopefully Disney will be kind the second time around.

Just found out today that Disney took ours :(

Dang .........sorry to hear Disney took it. Thats a little worrisome that Disney took that one ! Must have been all the banked points . Who was paying 2014 MF's and closing costs ?

Dang .........sorry to hear Disney took it. Thats a little worrisome that Disney took that one ! Must have been all the banked points . Who was paying 2014 MF's and closing costs ?

We were paying closing costs but the seller paid maintenance fees. My broker said that disney took 3 OKW contracts this week so I'm a little worried
To purchase at OKW. Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter