**ROFR Thread 2014 JAN-JUNE** UPDATE to thread on PG 71!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excited to finally be able to post. Let's hope Im doing it right.

Stiej - $71-$21,300-300 SSR-Sep-186 2013-300 2014-submitted 4/11/14

Im nervous after seeing all of the loaded SSRs taken the last ROFR round. Crossing my fingers!

$86-$4,300-50-AKV-Dec-0/'12, 0/'13, 50/'14, 50/'15-sent 4/11

got outbid by another last time on another AKV contract...the way I look at it, I'm half-way there;)

Our first contract through Fidelity Update: Closing will be delayed!!!! owners legally have until the 24th to execute and they are travelling in South America! so they have asked for 1 week extension which will bring our closing at the beginning of May and even though they will ask for expedited closing who knows when our points will be available. What a mess!!! I am starting to think that all this waiting is almost not worth the price difference.

Just got our closing does on our second contract purchased through TTS!!! do you think we will make it in time to be able to buy the discounted Annual Passes?

I disagree on the price part. Just going by price, their ROFR's make no sense. They take a $78, but they let a $56 go through. Also, it could be something entirely different. Maybe it is time of the month. Maybe DVD says "we are going to take back 500 pts a month on SSR". So they take the first 500, and then let the rest go till the next month.

I guess I did not made point clear.

Disney was passing all SSR contracts and many were too low. There was no ROFR activity on SSR for very long time. Recently DVC started ROFR activity on SSR contracts to bring the resale price on SSR up. Yes no one can predict the ROFR monkey but that's my guess why SSR is getting ROFRed.

Still no word on my (second) HH 220 point contract. Was sent to ROFR on March 13. Tomorrow will be 33 days ............still nothing. :confused3 It was with TSS so they would let me know over the weekend if it passed , right ? I did call them on Friday, and they said nothing yet.
If it goes until Tuesday (like most ROFR answers) that will be 34 days ..........just to decide if they want it or not. Thats insane ! Even if it passes ROFR, it sounds like Disney is now slowing the closing process down now too (estoppel's) .

I have already decided, no matter what happens to this one, I am done with the resale game. Not buying direct either. I dont like NOT being in control of the outcome of something. This stinks !
Disney already took my first HH contract, and waited until the end to take that one, so I dont have much hope for this one going through either. :sad2:

Sorry .............vent over ! :grouphug:

Still no word on my (second) HH 220 point contract. Was sent to ROFR on March 13. Tomorrow will be 33 days ............still nothing. :confused3 It was with TSS so they would let me know over the weekend if it passed , right ? I did call them on Friday, and they said nothing yet. If it goes until Tuesday (like most ROFR answers) that will be 34 days ..........just to decide if they want it or not.

I am in the same boat. Purchased through DVC by Resale. Contacted them on Friday (the 30 day mark) and was told they technically have until Monday (tomorrow).

We have bought before through the resale market and don't remember it being like this. Very frustrated! Feel your pain!

Still no word on my (second) HH 220 point contract. Was sent to ROFR on March 13. Tomorrow will be 33 days ............still nothing. :confused3 It was with TSS so they would let me know over the weekend if it passed , right ? I did call them on Friday, and they said nothing yet.
If it goes until Tuesday (like most ROFR answers) that will be 34 days ..........just to decide if they want it or not. Thats insane ! Even if it passes ROFR, it sounds like Disney is now slowing the closing process down now too (estoppel's) .

I have already decided, no matter what happens to this one, I am done with the resale game. Not buying direct either. I dont like NOT being in control of the outcome of something. This stinks !
Disney already took my first HH contract, and waited until the end to take that one, so I dont have much hope for this one going through either. :sad2:

Sorry .............vent over ! :grouphug:

:grouphug:
I feel your pain- Disney took a BWV contract from me last month.
But don't let it discourage you- DVC is awesome- I've been a member since 2003. Resale can be very frustrating- but it comes with a huge savings. Try again- you will be glad you did- once this process is over! :cheer2:

I am in the same boat. Purchased through DVC by Resale. Contacted them on Friday (the 30 day mark) and was told they technically have until Monday (tomorrow).

We have bought before through the resale market and don't remember it being like this. Very frustrated! Feel your pain!

Looks like we are on the same time frame. Good Luck with your deal. Maybe we will both hear something tomorrow !

:grouphug:
I feel your pain- Disney took a BWV contract from me last month.
But don't let it discourage you- DVC is awesome- I've been a member since 2003. Resale can be very frustrating- but it comes with a huge savings. Try again- you will be glad you did- once this process is over! :cheer2:

Thanks, we really do like DVC thats why its getting frustrating. We have stayed on rented points a few times (besides a LOT of other cash stays at WDW) before making the decision to buy resale.
Sorry to hear about your BWV contract ! :sad:

At least one of the listings we were looking at AKV came back on the market if this one at OKW falls through.

$99-$20,904-200-BLT-Aug-31/'13, 116/'14, 200/'15-sent 4/8
Added! Good Luck!

Passed ROFR on 3/18, received closing docs yesterday.
Are you on the list? I can't find you!!! :rolleyes1

Excited to finally be able to post. Let's hope Im doing it right.

Stiej - $71-$21,300-300 SSR-Sep-186 2013-300 2014-submitted 4/11/14

Im nervous after seeing all of the loaded SSRs taken the last ROFR round. Crossing my fingers!
Added!!! Good Luck!!! You'll be fine. :smokin:

$86-$4,300-50-AKV-Dec-0/'12, 0/'13, 50/'14, 50/'15-sent 4/11

got outbid by another last time on another AKV contract...the way I look at it, I'm half-way there;)
Added!!! Good Luck!!!

I will be leaving on vacation on Wednesday morning coming home Sunday night (no, not to WDW :) ). I'm not sure how much internet time I will have but I will try to update the list when I can. So if you pass ROFR or add a new contract, please bear with me. :goodvibes

I've been a little afraid to post, But our contract was sent to ROFR on 3/25

MomtoBJSF---$70-$16800-240-AKV-Dec-10/'12, 240/'13, 240/'14, 240/'15-sent on 03/25,buyer pays closing, seller pays MF's. patiently waiting, and scared Disney might take it.:eek:

$55-$28,034-500-OKW-DEC-0/13-1,000/14,500/15 sent to ROFR 03/17

After losing 4 OKW contracts to ROFR back in 2012, I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed that this one passes.

No luck, Disney exercised ROFR on this today 04/14

Humphery58---$79-$7900-100-SSR-Aug-100/'14, 100/'15,-sent 04/14

Suddenly not feeling too confident after reading here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter