ROFR questions:

You're lucky, many have tried and failed over the years though I'm sure some were successful. I would point out that one can actually get a better feel and more information on a BBS such as DIS than by reading the POS, esp if you spend the several months to get a feel that some of us recommend. Back in 1994 when I was researching and then bought, there wasn't the availability of info that there is now. All we had were boards like Prodigy and AOL and they were often less than helpful IMO. I do think everyone should read the POS but I'm not sure it's a prerequisite for a purchase today.

The Fidelity contract was just SO vague and generic, we needed more info. I actually found a "sample contract" from Disney when I had looking into purchasing direct a few years ago. That was actually somewhat helpful. the interesting thing is that the Fidelity contract specifically tells you you should review all the important docs before signing contract. I realize they HAVE to say that, but still, never expected to be so hard or unusual to access that info. I have learned a TON from these boards, but my husband has a business and finance background and would never agree to a large purchase with such a flimsy contract alone. And frankly it is because he is a savvy business and financial guy that we are in a position to afford this major purchase. So I trust his financial and business wisdom.

Heck we might not even pass ROFR anyhow. But at least I feel we are doing the appropriate homework!

The Fidelity contract was just SO vague and generic, we needed more info. I actually found a "sample contract" from Disney when I had looking into purchasing direct a few years ago. That was actually somewhat helpful. the interesting thing is that the Fidelity contract specifically tells you you should review all the important docs before signing contract. I realize they HAVE to say that, but still, never expected to be so hard or unusual to access that info. I have learned a TON from these boards, but my husband has a business and finance background and would never agree to a large purchase with such a flimsy contract alone. And frankly it is because he is a savvy business and financial guy that we are in a position to afford this major purchase. So I trust his financial and business wisdom.

Heck we might not even pass ROFR anyhow. But at least I feel we are doing the appropriate homework!
The interesting thing is that a vague and limited contract probably gives you more protections and not less when you consider FL timeshare law.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter