• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rode Rip Ride Rocket!

MichelleTO

Mouseketeer
We were lucky enough to Ride RRR on Tuesday August 18th! We were told by cast members they would open around 2pm, but it opened earlier. We lined up after doing the rest of the park,it was a 120 min line up by 3pm. However we were in for thunderstorms so we ended up waiting 3 hrs as weather passed!!!! It was brutal and many left the line. So finally at about 7:05 pm and after 5 times of "Hello rock stars we are delayed..." "and hello rock stars please dont sit on the red wall or railings' we rode!!! It was a good ride. We were so relieved to actually get on. Good ride but after riding Hulk the next day and having been on many coasters thougth it was good. Loved picking the music, we had lots of time to decide, especialy after watching the preshow video for the entire wait time! This is a great addition to the park!:thumbsup2

Thanks for the review :goodvibes:. Me and DBF are realllyyyy looking forward to riding this on our trip!!

I have a question..... I had read somewhere that this was the first ride of its kind that actually allowed guests to ride it that don't buy tix for US/IOA..... is there some kind of entrance outside of the park that you can purchase a ride ticket separate from park admission? I would find this hard to believe but great news bc I would love to ride it but don't care to spend the money for the parks....

The rumor mill says that they will be a entrance from CityWalk by the BlueMan Group theater for a nominal fee.Whether its true or not,time will tell.:confused3

I rode Rip Ride Rocket this past Friday at about 11 a.m. The line was listed as 120 minutes long, but there was a single-riders line open, so I jumped in line. I waited less than 10 minutes to get on!

I was put with another single rider who said that he had waited in line for 90 minutes. I asked him why he didn't wait in the single-riders line, and he told me that it was closed when he got in line.

When I got off the ride, the single-riders line was completely full, and they had closed it again.

The only downside to the short wait was that I got on so fast, I didn't have a chance to read the ride description in the park map, and I didn't notice the music selection screen until the ride had ended!

Well it is beside the Blue Man Group area but I can't see them doing that with the way the queu area is designed, and then how do you control these guests when they exit the ride which is toward the front of the ride and into the main park. I doubt it, but hey who knows! It was a good ride, but I would never line up that long for it again, we only did because we had done everything else in the park and this was the one shot to ride it. Still think Hulk is a better ride. I liked choosing my music. Unfortunatley the video option was not wokring yet. that would be a great thing to have from a trip. They were also checking with each rider to make sure their music was working in their seat. Its a great ride but as far as coasters go I think Millenium at Cedar Point is still a much better thrill. The going straight up was not as thrilling as I thought and the drop down not as good as Maverick at Cedar Point. Don't get me wrong its a great ride, just would not wait that long again.

We are here now. I saw a billboard the other day that said rip ride rocket free with annual pass! coming soon!

So, maybe that other entrance will be for annual pass members only???

We have tried to ride it two different times this week. The first time they said they were opening it at 11am. We came out of shreck at 10:30 and the line was already 75 minutes long.

Then yesterday they were supposed to open it at 10:00, by noon they were still having technical difficulty. So, I don't know if they ever got it open.

:(

We are here now. I saw a billboard the other day that said rip ride rocket free with annual pass! coming soon!

We have tried to ride it two different times this week. The first time they said they were opening it at 11am. We came out of shreck at 10:30 and the line was already 75 minutes long.

Then yesterday they were supposed to open it at 10:00, by noon they were still having technical difficulty. So, I don't know if they ever got it open.

That probably means purchase an annual pass and you can ride Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit.:lmao:

I could see this being a perk for AP holders, on-site resort guests and Express pass people (who bought them the same day) to go on the ride after the park closes (allowing access only once per evening or something maybe?)

This is total speculation though!

That would be my take on it too.

I agree as well.

I don't really see why they would word it that way in the ad :confused3

Last time I checked all rides were free with annual passes :rolleyes:

From what I was told during my media trip by PR, there WILL be an after hours entrance for people to pay to ride it from City Walk. It will be on busy days when the park closes early, but CityWalk rages on. That will come down the line when they get all the bugs worked out and they can actually run all five trains at once.

I haven't got my hopes up to ride it. And i definately won't be queueing for hours for it. If it's open first thing and we get there when it opens we'll jump on but if there's a massive queue i'll just take advantage of shorter queues on other things. Would be nice to fit the ride in on our next trip but no major loss if it's not possible.

I don't care how good it is it's not good enough to wait 2-3 hours to ride it. There are certain things (say, for instance, the King Tut exhibit) where you may have no choice but this is a ride that, once the bugs are worked out, will be around for years. Soon enough it will be relatively easy to get on, I'm in no rush.

I rode it yesterday and I enjoyed it very much! I liked the music choices and it really added to the ride. I waited about 90 min but the fans and misters made it okay. They also sell water and ice cream in the line. I was however mad at the worker who would not let me on the single rider line although I was alone. He told me it would be longer and that it was pointless. I later saw that the single rider line was empty and they were letting huge groups of people in. So I think it might be hit or miss on the single rider line but who knows?

I rode it yesterday and I enjoyed it very much! I liked the music choices and it really added to the ride. I waited about 90 min but the fans and misters made it okay. They also sell water and ice cream in the line. I was however mad at the worker who would not let me on the single rider line although I was alone. He told me it would be longer and that it was pointless. I later saw that the single rider line was empty and they were letting huge groups of people in. So I think it might be hit or miss on the single rider line but who knows?

What we did is wait outside the ride until the single rider line opened. They open and close it continually as it empties. The longest we had to wait was half an hour and the shortest was 5 minutes. We never entered it when it was already open though.

We rode this ride on wednesday - me and my daughter! The line was 40 minutes at 10.30ish so we went in the single rider line, walked straight on and luckily were picked to ride together! The ride is fab - loved picking the music - wasn't so keen on the vertical start but what a great addition to the park! Must say we found the parks at Universal to be dead last week - couldn't believe the Mummy and Hulk were walk on!

Claire

I waited in line with my 11 yo and we rode after 90 minutes on SAT then came back SUNDAY morning (stayed on site) and we stood in line for 30 minutes when the park opened and was backed up to the park entrance and then it we got word it was closed till noon for maintenance. THe ride is great but the lines are craaaaazzy and there is no passholder or front of line for anyone that I am aware. Single riders were come and go. I am sure they will work out the bugs once the new smell wears off.

My DDs and rode it on Wednesday. Although the sign said 45 mins, I asked the TM if that was the actual time and he said yes. Well it was more like 90 mins. After we got off the ride DH said the wait time changed right after we walked through the entrance. :rolleyes:
My DDs said they thought it was worth the wait. Since it was our first time I tend to agree that it was worth it, however, I would not wait that long to ride it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter