Rocky Horror

I was dragged to a Saturday Midnight showing about 35 years ago, my first time seeing it. Yes, props. And people screaming out the obscene words in the dialog. Went with the entire Saturday 11 pm News on air, news and technical crew. The 2 main anchors, sports guy and weather woman got strange looks walking in to the theater.

Turns 40 this year. Any fans? Did you bring props to the midnight showing?

I saw it about 25 times, mostly from 1978 to 1983. As a virgin, I had no idea what I was walking into. I thought it was somehow related to the Sylvester Stallone movie Rocky. But I ended up loving it.

I was never a regular who went every weekend, and I never brought any props. But I liked yelling out responses at appropriate times during the film. I stopped going when too many people started dressing up like the characters and acting out scenes in front of the movie screen.

Saw the live version on Broadway about 15 years ago.

I saw it around 25 times also from 78-83ish. I did bring some props. Had lots of fun. Never interested in dressing up. Can't imagine what the PBS version is going to be like.

I saw it around 25 times also from 78-83ish. I did bring some props. Had lots of fun. Never interested in dressing up. Can't imagine what the PBS version is going to be like.

I hadnt heard about anything on PBS. What are they doing? I did hear that BBC America would be showing the London Theatre anniversary performance. And that Fox was going to do a remake. Can't imagine anyone other than the originals in the lead roles. Tim Curry will always be Frank N Further to me. I have no idea how many times I've seen that show. It's a lot.

HUGE fan. My last midnight screening where I dressed up and participated with props was back in 2012, though, so it's been a few years. I'd go to another in a heartbeat. :) It's one of my all-time favorites.

Big fan of the musical and have this poster (amongst other musical theatre posters) in my room: image.jpgCraig McLachlan, a very well known and extremely talented Australian actor, played Frank n Furter. It's on the wardrobe and faces my bed, which I admit is a bit creepy!

Yep the midnight show in Boston was a blast!! Toast, rice, newspaper, can't remember the other stuff.

We have plans to go in a couple weeks, just before Halloween as a matter of fact. SOOOO..

LET'S DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN:dancer::dancer::dancer:

I went a few times in the early 90's at the Rialto in Pasadena. Fond memories.

I used to love Rocky Horror. Midnight Saturday showings were a staple of my college days. I never dressed up, though I did bring props. I didn't know it was still being shown. I would love to go see it again.

Used to go every weekend for years when I was a teen. Started going again when my daughter was about 12- she was horrified the first time she saw the stage show LOL (we had front row seats!) but then the next year she wanted to go to the movie and shadow cast so we did that, now every year I bring her and her friends around Halloween to see it- and we ALWAYS bring props!!

Absolutely love Rocky Horror!!! Could do a little Time Warp anytime!!! :love:

Caught the bouquet once at a theater production years ago.

Turns 40 this year. Any fans? Did you bring props to the midnight showing?

LOL, I watched RH last week. It is running on cable. Tim Curry is so good. I have to see him come down that elevator.:smokin:

I went in the 70's a couple of times. I did not dress up or bring anything, just enjoyed the show.

I went at least 25 times from the period of 1993-1995- my last two years of high school. It was at a somewhat local college town and the college students did the stage show in front of the screen. The tickets were dirt cheap and they sold the bag of props for $2 or so. My favorite was the toilet paper- GREAT SCOTT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter