• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rockin Rollercoaster ALREADY out of FP?!?!

I think the key to enjoy the main "long wait" attractions is to get there before the park opens and head to those first thing at rope drop.

Or, if you're not morning people (like us!), schedule your high-demand FP+ ahead of time, and enjoy it whenever you scheduled it for. That's a huge positive of FP+ for us. We're not morning people. We want to enjoy things like TSMM in the afternoon. Being forced out of bed early to make a mad dash for the ride, or risk enduring 60-120 minute wait times, is NOT our idea of a good time.

At DHS, in line for RnR fastpass line probably easily 20 minutes, stand by is 60, fastpasses are for 5pm. I booked or whatever ours last night, it shows up on my app but hen we tapped the band it said we didn't have one, I showed CM that it is listed on the app and her fixed it. Same thing happend with TSM last night. So far that has bee our only issue, since last Wednesday.

They want you to stay on-site, that's the whole point,...more perks for more money, makes sense to me. Hey, they can always charge people staying off site! Kinda like Universal

Disney, please don't kill the magic by putting off-site, on-a-budget guests at a bigger disadvantage. I have faith this won't happen but am anxiously awaiting official info.

I'd be happy to stay on site for a short trip if there was an affordable (under $200/night) room for a family of five. We'd love rollaway beds in All Star. The only on-site rooms available for less than $300 for a family of five are in Port Orleans Riverside. Even Universal's new resort offers rooms for five for under $200 a night during spring break, which at least provide early access, although not front of the line.

Where I live, many people have "snowbird" parents who rent/own homes in Florida. They stay "off-site" with family and otherwise could not afford a trip to Disney. This transition/testing time is also a bad time for AP holders who live within a couple hours of WDW and don't stay overnight. I get the impression that Disney isn't too concerned about them? This was my dream for retirement, but maybe not.

Yes, AKL concierge shows that I should be able to make FP+ selections, however since we stayed one night in SS then moved to AKL on the 15th the My Disney Experience app shows us as having left on the 15th, it does not recognize our reservation for the 15-18th at AKL. Even though concierge can pull it up, they are unable to fix it. I've heard "there's a glitch right now" so many times this trip that I'm sick of it. It's becoming a joke now, bird pooped on the car? That bird just glitched.

You should have gotten two sets of bands. One for each reservation. That is how they are solving the check in and out issue. Friends just got back and others re heading out soon. Both had reservations that changed half way through the trip and that is why your bands are not working. You should have gotten two band, one for each separate stay.

I've read through most of it and I can see how frustrating it is for those there now. I am still reserving judgement for when the system testing is done and they go "live" as they call it. I have to imagine it will be much better than what we are seeing now. We have plans in August 2014. Here's to hoping it's resolved by then.

For those there now with the high crowds and having to deal with the testing mess, I am sorry it is effecting your vacation. Hopefully it gets better quickly.

Im hoping this will all be working well by the time we get there in Jan. Im deciding if im worried or just resigned. I know I AM worried about booking FP+ for our party of people which are in 3 different rooms with all different tickets!

Why are crowds so high now? School in session, no holiday. ???

Why are crowds so high now? School in session, no holiday. ???

Many schools in multiple states have moved to a balanced school schedule this year. My nieces and nephews in IN were off this week, and they were all in Disney last week. A balanced schedule typically gives two weeks off in October, two at Christmas, and two for Spring break in March/early April. Summer is a 6 week break.

This actually is a holiday week for a lot of people...Columbus Day on Monday in the US, and Thanksgiving Day on Monday in Canada both gave a fair number of people a 3 day weekend. Lots of people like to take off the rest of the week as vacation. Add to that some school districts have Fall break (or days off for parent-teacher conferences and Teacher in-service days for training)...that's a miniature "perfect storm" to bounce up attendance this week.

There will still be some additional crowds this weekend, since a lot of large Florida school districts have either a 3 day or 4 day weekend teacher conference/teacher in service days (including some districts with both Friday& Monday off) So locals will be going, too.

KatieCharlotte said:
Disney, please don't kill the magic by putting off-site, on-a-budget guests at a bigger disadvantage. I have faith this won't happen but am anxiously awaiting official info.

I'd be happy to stay on site for a short trip if there was an affordable (under $200/night) room for a family of five. We'd love rollaway beds in All Star. The only on-site rooms available for less than $300 for a family of five are in Port Orleans Riverside. Even Universal's new resort offers rooms for five for under $200 a night during spring break, which at least provide early access, although not front of the line.

Where I live, many people have "snowbird" parents who rent/own homes in Florida. They stay "off-site" with family and otherwise could not afford a trip to Disney. This transition/testing time is also a bad time for AP holders who live within a couple hours of WDW and don't stay overnight. I get the impression that Disney isn't too concerned about them? This was my dream for retirement, but maybe not.

We booked through travelocity~ 2 room at all star sports $180 ($90 a night each)

As of 12:20 today (Thurs) looks like the following: HS (park to Avoid) TSMM FP gone at 10:45, ToT FP return 2:30, RnR FP return of 5:25 For Epcot (Recommend Park) Soarin FP gone at 10:15 and TT FP gone at 10:30

It is obvious that FPP opens up the ability to get FP for "super headliners" like (TT, Soarin, ToT, TSMM) to a whole new category of guests, those who arrive to the park after noon, that previously where shut out of the equation. As supply is finite this will undoubtedly have an impact on availability. But make no mistake, this was fully expected by Disney and is the reason you see minor attractions like Magic Carpets and Tricera Top Spin with FPP. The new norm will be scheduling rides 30/60 days in advance like we have been conditioned to do for TS. Occasionally you will get lucky with a walk up, or day of FPP, but should not count on it.

This whole thing is rather worrying. I feel quite sorry for people who can't get MB.

There were serious RFID glitches on our trip in August but we could still get FPs! It's crazy the system is so glitched.

even more so now that Disney has decided to punish my DD who is on the spectrum by taking away the GAC card!

I know this off a little off topic from the FP+ conversation, but GAC is not completely gone. Just revised how it is now used. DW and I just returned from DLR and went with some friends; one whom needs it. It worked fairly well. Instead of being allowed straight onto the ride, you are now given a return time for the amount of time you would've stood in line.

Example: Radiator Spring Racers generally has a wait time of 90 minutes. If you got there lets say at 10:00 am (and the stand-by time was indeed 90 minutes), you would be given a return time of 11:20 am. They subtract 10 minutes from the original wait time. After 11:20 you could then ride it at any time you wanted that day. You weren't given a specific time period to use it. Basically it's like an unlimited FP.

Now there were a few draw backs, but nothing major. One I'll have to double check and see if I have the information correct; but I believe my friends said they weren't allowed to get another time until they used the first time. Now the one thing I don't remember is if it applied to the same attraction, or to all attractions. I want to say they told me it applied to the same attraction only. You had to use the first return time before they would issue you another one. In other words, they couldn't have 2 different return times for RSR. I think they were allowed to get multiple return times for different attractions while having a return time for RSR. I know a lot of times, they would get the return time, do nearby stuff with less wait times, then go back at their return time. I'll double check with them and see what it was they were and were not allowed to do. I know overall, it worked out fairly well for them.

The only other draw back is you have to get a new card each day. At least at DLR. Since WDW and DLR are using the same system now, I'm guessing it would be that way at WDW as well.

You should have gotten two sets of bands. One for each reservation. That is how they are solving the check in and out issue. Friends just got back and others re heading out soon. Both had reservations that changed half way through the trip and that is why your bands are not working. You should have gotten two band, one for each separate stay.

I've read through most of it and I can see how frustrating it is for those there now. I am still reserving judgement for when the system testing is done and they go "live" as they call it. I have to imagine it will be much better than what we are seeing now. We have plans in August 2014. Here's to hoping it's resolved by then.

For those there now with the high crowds and having to deal with the testing mess, I am sorry it is effecting your vacation. Hopefully it gets better quickly.

I mentioned to the concierge at AKL that we had two reservation numbers and I thought perhaps our bands were tied to the wrong number but she informed me that "it's a glitch right now" and "just try it again later". Overall I believe I'm done with Disney for a while. The attitude of "I don't want to take the time to help instead I'll say it's broken" has permeated throughout this trip. I'm sorely disappointed in what WDW has become over the last several years. I bet I've heard the glitch excuse everyday I've been here about something. No FP? Glitch. Can't make FP+ reservations? Glitch. Can't login to MDE? Glitch. FP gone at 0920 for TT on your Epcot day? Sorry, glitch. It's maddening. I seriously can't wait to leave tomorrow and save my money from Disney getting any more of it.

We booked through travelocity~ 2 room at all star sports $180 ($90 a night each)

I'll have to check closer to the date, but I'm guessing that kind of deal won't be available since we're stuck going spring break this time, which is going to make the crowds so much worse.

I'm not concerned so much for my family, since we've been lucky enough to visit WDW often. I really feel bad for people who save for years and run into "glitches" and other problems on their dream trips. I know that was happening before FP+ and there's really no solution to the ever growing crowds at all times of the year, but I liked believing that waking up early and having a fastpass-fetching spouse was all it took for a perfect week at Disney. This is pretty much the advice of the Disney experts I know in real life who share their wisdom with other moms planning trips.

Ya know, I remember when FP+ was first announced, and someone said they were thinking about cancelling their Fall trip because of it... I remember thinking, "huh?! Why would you want to do that?!?!" I now get it, and admit that that person had far more foresight about this situation than I ever could've imagined!!!

The Epcot situation with TT and Soarin is always like this with Food and Wine so I'm not surprised by the FPs being gone before 10am. We go on a quiet-ish week in early Nov and that's always been the case. I think part of the problem is that when WDW underestimates crowds it sets off all kinds of problems that affect wait times. They operate many of the rides based on what they think crowds will be that day so if they are set up with the right number of employees to only run half the Star Tours simulators and then lots of extra people show up they seem to not be able to react to that. We've been there on days where it was unexpectedly busy and they've added an extra hour to the end of the day which somewhat makes up for the aggravation.

I'm sure once they start tinkering with AP guests and off site it will be a mess again. They have to have a way to keep people from taking FPs who aren't going to actually show up that day so I wonder if AP non-resort and off-site guests will always have to do same day FP+ in the parks?

We are going in Jan and go frequently enough we can roll with it but are going with extended family that have never been and won't go back for awhile. I'm thinking we can get by on 3 FP+ per day because the other kids are little and won't ride headliners for the most part. My kids are teens and we have found that we are gradually switching over to Universal. It's just sooooo much easier staying on site with unlimited express. The things that aren't quite so special bother you a lot less when you are walking on ride after ride all day. WDW will have to offer onsite more better access to FP+ to compete. Even Sea World has resorts offering unlimited FOTL access now too.

We were in WDW October 19-26 and we found the parks to be very crowded and the FP situation was crazy. At 9:30am the Soarin' FP return time was already 5:15pm and by 11:00am all the FPs had been distributed. It was a similar situation for TT. We did 2 Epcot Days (a Monday and a Thursday) and it was that way both days.

We've gone to WDW the same time in October many times and have never encountered these crowds and FP issues before. Our typical routine used to be - get Soarin' FPs at park opening (return time was typically ~9:30am) - ride Soarin' standby - eat breakfast at Seasons - grab TT FPs - use Soarin' FP - use TT FP.....there was no way we'd be able to do that this year.

We did have FP+ for Soarin' & TT on both of our Epcot days so we did get to ride them a couple times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter