Rockin Rollercoaster ALREADY out of FP?!?!

Well the DIS sure will be anxious to hear tomorrow's report, won't we??? Hoping and praying for a nice normal fall day for everyone!!!! pixiedust:pixiedust:

FWIW, we're not staying at one of the resorts that would typically qualify for FP+ - we're staying at one of the All Star Resorts and were able to do FP+ for the day that we'll be staying at WDW (in November), but for the other nights, we're staying somewhere else, and can't book FP+ for any of those dates. So, at least for us, it seems that if you're staying at ANY Disney resort, you might be able to do FP+.

This is how I'm feeling too. This is our, idk, 11th trip? and all the excitement I've been building up over the last year is turning to anxiety while reading this thread. We went to Disneyland last year and had such a pleasant, stress free experience. I was so excited to be going with my almost 6 year old, I figured this will be his first trip that he'll remember and it's our 2 year old DD's first trip. If we're going to fight through summer-like crowds with no fastpasses... I don't know. I need to turn around my head about this whole situation. Maybe we can just try to enjoy scenery and little shows.

How are the crowds at MNSSHP? We're going on Tuesday.

I'm seriously thinking that our next trip is going to be to Universal, staying at RPR. I love it there and haven't been in over 6 years.

My thoughts are beginning to spin the same opinion as yours.

When the MM+ (MB/FP+) concept was introduced I'll admit to being intrigued. It seemed like a good idea and a fairly uncomplicated one. Guests would wear a customized MB and legacy FP kiosks replaced with a better system. After reading one nightmare review after another, from both those participating in the test and those excluded, I'm actually beginning to dread our vacation. I've never, in almost 30 years of visiting WDW, have dreaded a trip to see the Mouse.

October has always been my favorite time of the year to visit. The weather is pleasant and warm without being overbearingly hot and humid, the crowds are not non-existent but certainly manageable. With all of the FP problems occurring right now it's apparent that right now isn't the right time to go. I get that lines and waiting are part of visiting a theme park but knowing in advance that FP are gone within 1 hour of RD is ridiculous. :sad2: I too think this is going to be our last trip for a while unless they "get it together" in time for our usual spring trip.

I think they are brain washing people to realize that 3 FP+ are better than no FP-...

Or maybe people using the new system are pleased and understand that there are issues during a testing and implementation phase.

We are here now and are very pleased with magic bands, FP+ etc. We have had two issues that required trips to Guest Relations but both were handled quickly and we were compensated for the inconvenience (TSMM FPs).

Everyone I have spoken to that are using the new system are impressed with the technology and are glad to be part of the test.

I for one am glad Disney is embracing new technology to enhance the guest experience and allow them to adapt to crowd patterns accordingly. It is always painful switching to a new process and system but it has to be done.

We were at AK today and got paper FPs for the Safari and twice for EE, all with quick returns.

I can't speak for what happened today but I can tell you based on our experience 2 weeks ago that fast passes are going MUCH Faster than I have ever experienced. I do think fast pass+ is to blame for that. We have annual passes and typically stay offsite. We are booked for a week at Thanksgiving & I'm actually dreading what may be in store for us since Disney has not given pass holders access to fast pass+ yet. If I could change our reservation to onsite at this point I would but I've already paid in full for our room so there is no turning back now. :(

What about those of us who stay offsite when we go to WDW? I still spend a LOT of money on park passes, QS lunches, TS dinners, snacks, and souvenirs, even if I don't stay at a Disney resort. However, it looks like FP+ will go to those onsite, and it sounds as if all FP will be FP+ in the not-too-distant future. It will not be worth the money to go to Disney and spend hours in long standby lines or just experiencing the minor attractions. Why bother?

It might be time to become Universal people...

This is my first post in far too long... I was once a regular on the boards but life got too busy and complicated! We're in the midst of planning our next WDW trip for December (our 9th or 10th trip) and this is the first I've heard about FP+ or anything like that.... Can anyone fill me in on what I must have missed or point me in a direction to learn more? Should I be worried about our upcoming trip and not being able to get FP's?

<I'm glad to be back on the DIS!>

They want you to stay on-site, that's the whole point,...more perks for more money, makes sense to me. Hey, they can always charge people staying off site! Kinda like Universal

It's been my experience over the last few days that MDE is WAY OFF on wait times. I was literally standing in front of Splash Mountain as the board said 40 minutes and MDE showed 15. Several other rides have been way off as well. I uninstalled the app as it has proven useless this trip.

Just got back and MDE was basically way off especially on Sunday at Mk; to the point it was like someone was purposely making times up.

They want you to stay on-site, that's the whole point,...more perks for more money, makes sense to me. Hey, they can always charge people staying off site! Kinda like Universal
I personally wish that they would. Universal visitors don't have to make ride reservations either!

It has been said that once fully rolled out FP+ will be for all guest holding a ticket no matter where they are staying.

I am truly sorry for those who are visiting recently who are having so much trouble :( both with MB and without.

However I have to say, this is why I'm glad we have never relied much on FP. This trip we probably used it more than others, but we are not big planners and so often found ourselves looking at a FP return time that was no use to us so we didn't bother.

We aren't rope drop people so have never used a FP for TSMM, and we have been known to stand in queues as long as 90 minutes for Splash, 100 for SM and I think this year had to be close to 120 for soarin.

Now I am thanking our lucky stars. As we've never used FP much we won't see much of the knock on effect I wouldn't have thought.

I'm just disappointed that for our first on site stay next October I was quite intrigued by MB, and now they seem to be a massive let down :(

ETA: what I'm also wondering is, if they are planning to give FP+ options to off site guests, does this mean MB for off site quests? If so, they may have to rethink things a bit, as far as I'm aware for people from the UK like myself, we can't have MB posted to us, we have to get them at check in at our chosen disney hotel. If we're staying offsite how do we get our MB? :/ lol no postage to UK and no disney hotel check in to collect them....the idea of a trip to guest services first thing of the trip to collect them does not sound fun :/

I'm going to take a wild guess at the uk situation and say that MB won't be automatically given to offsite visitors, on other threads it has been said there will be an extra charge. so it will be a case of buying one when you get to wdw & having your RFID ticket uploaded onto it, something like that

Just got back and MDE was basically way off especially on Sunday at Mk; to the point it was like someone was purposely making times up.

We noticed it yesterday at MK too. Ride times were off. It said 60 for Splash and when we walked over there to try for Thunder, Splash said 120+.

I am truly sorry for those who are visiting recently who are having so much trouble :( both with MB and without.

However I have to say, this is why I'm glad we have never relied much on FP. This trip we probably used it more than others, but we are not big planners and so often found ourselves looking at a FP return time that was no use to us so we didn't bother.

We aren't rope drop people so have never used a FP for TSMM, and we have been known to stand in queues as long as 90 minutes for Splash, 100 for SM and I think this year had to be close to 120 for soarin.

Now I am thanking our lucky stars. As we've never used FP much we won't see much of the knock on effect I wouldn't have thought.

I'm just disappointed that for our first on site stay next October I was quite intrigued by MB, and now they seem to be a massive let down :(

ETA: what I'm also wondering is, if they are planning to give FP+ options to off site guests, does this mean MB for off site quests? If so, they may have to rethink things a bit, as far as I'm aware for people from the UK like myself, we can't have MB posted to us, we have to get them at check in at our chosen disney hotel. If we're staying offsite how do we get our MB? :/ lol no postage to UK and no disney hotel check in to collect them....the idea of a trip to guest services first thing of the trip to collect them does not sound fun :/

I'm going to take a wild guess at the uk situation and say that MB won't be automatically given to offsite visitors, on other threads it has been said there will be an extra charge. so it will be a case of buying one when you get to wdw & having your RFID ticket uploaded onto it, something like that

On a side note, Disney has said that you don't have to have a MB to use FP+. The RFID tickets can be used the same way.

Based on the limited "official" information that we have...

What not to worry about:

1- Once MB/FP+ is fully implemented, FP+ will be available to all guests, whether they are staying at a WDW resort or not.

2- Once MB/FP+ is fully implemented, MB will be available to all guests, whether they are staying at a WDW resort or not. There will likely be a charge for MB for non-WDW resort guests. I'll guess around $10-$20 per band.

What to be concerned about:

3- Once MB/FP+ is fully implemented, day-of FP availability for E-Ticket "must-do" attractions will be reduced (likely severely reduced) due to so many FP+ reservations made in advance.

4- (Speculation) Once MB/FP+ is fully implemented, the TIME OF DAY at which day-of FP's will become available to choose on-line will likely be very difficult to accomplish (could be severely congested) due to so many guests attempting to arranged FP+ reservations at the same time.

There's more, but those are some "highlights."

I think the key to enjoy the main "long wait" attractions is to get there before the park opens and head to those first thing at rope drop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter