• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rockin Rollercoaster ALREADY out of FP?!?!

I'm pretty sure they said it would go lice by the end of the month

I hate it when they go lice.

;)

But, typo's aside...

Nobody of any authority has said when anything is going live.

Now, it's perfectly possible that it WILL go live by the end of the month,
but that falls under the "anything is possible" umbrella.

I agree with the previous comments, once the double dipping stops (is that still going on?), things should ease up a bit.

I think the same-day FPs are people changing their times throughout the day and then those FPs are going back into the system. I really don't think they are going to hold any back for same-day, it seems like a real-time system. But who knows, maybe they will. That seems worse in a way to me, then there will be some sort of online dash every morning or you will have to check your phone all day. Ugh.

Agree. As much as I like the thought of having pre-planned ride times the side affects make me worry almost as much.

nansmama said:
I think it's probably a pretty low percentage. From other posts, it sounds like the parks are just crazy crowded this week compared to normal. We were there Oct 5-8 and were surprised at how many people there were. Epcot and MK were both quite zooish. However, the lines themselves weren't too bad... sounds like that has changed.

Many schools have fall break this week.

FP+ are most definately limiting the availability of paper FPs, and as said many times in this thread, it will continue until paper FPs are no longer available. One reality that hasn't been mentioned but is a contributor is that in the past those individuals who sauntered into HS after 11:30 where regulated to waiting an hour plus in the TSMM standby line. These individuals never factored in to the TSMM FP equation in the past. However, with FP+ these individuals are now able to schedule FPs in advance, and are factoring into the finite number of FPs that are available.

I hate it when they go lice.

;)

But, typo's aside...

Nobody of any authority has said when anything is going live.

Now, it's perfectly possible that it WILL go live by the end of the month,
but that falls under the "anything is possible" umbrella.

Thank you! I am not going until next Thanksgiving so I guess it's safe to assume that it'll be live by that time. Hopefully they work all the kinks out (and don't do the same thing in DL :mad:)

As if planning a WDW trip wasn't time-consuming enough (especially when you're used to Disneyland!) ;)

Any news on when these new programs will be past the testing phase and completely rolled out for all guests? I still have quite a ways to go until my trip but I'd like to be prepared because I'm going during a major holiday.

I had problems with MDE this morning and was connected to the IT department. When we were discussing an issue with scheduling FP+ the person said they would be testing FP+ through January. I did not ask, she volunteered this in the midst of discussing my issue. All being said, I often read that you shouldn't believe what you hear from CM's as they, too, can repeat what is rumored or perhaps only tentatively planned. Just letting you know what I was told this morning by Disney IT dealing with FP+ online reservations.

All I know is I am here now and I find it too crowded to be enjoyable. This is my 12 visit, at one week at a time, almost exclusively onsite and I've been during March break, New Years week, Jersey week, Vetran's day, and this is the worst. We arrived Saturday and except for yesterday it's been nasty.

I don't know if FPs were released later. We got out of the park. I can't be sticking around in hopes that they sort it out. Oh, complain to GS? Well, that's an hour long line in the sun. We did it once and not again.

This is our last trip in a while.

All I know is I am here now and I find it too crowded to be enjoyable. This is my 12 visit, at one week at a time, almost exclusively onsite and I've been during March break, New Years week, Jersey week, Vetran's day, and this is the worst. We arrived Saturday and except for yesterday it's been nasty.

I don't know if FPs were released later. We got out of the park. I can't be sticking around in hopes that they sort it out. Oh, complain to GS? Well, that's an hour long line in the sun. We did it once and not again.

So sorry this is happening to you (and everyone else), hope it gets better. :goodvibes

I'm so sorry. We will be there next week and I hope crowds will be better by then.

I'm sure it will not be too long and the FP+ will be like trying to get a reservation at Be Our Guest.

"I'm sorry but there is no availabilty for Toy Story until next Spring, but I can get you into Drew Carey Sounds Dangerous"

I'm so sorry. We will be there next week and I hope crowds will be better by then.

We'll be there next week too and share the hope as you. I just can't picture October crowds being equated to, and in some cases worse than, those of NYE, Spring Break, etc.

I've never been worried about crowds and now I am, and it stinks. I spend a good amount of money visiting WDW biannually and am going to be disappointed if I find it's no longer a good vacation fit for us, both time- and money-wise. MM+ has proven to be a nightmare for those not participating (ie: off-site guests, such as us; we're also AP holders and I truly feel that regardless of resort choice, we should be participating in the testing phase too) as legacy FP are gone before one can blink whereas those testing can double dip.

Fastpass + is not available for TSMM for tomorrow as of 10 this morning, I was able to get a RnR for tomorrow. We were also at MK yesterday and it was completely nuts! we were able to get FP+ for thunder maountain, pirates, and buzz the on the bus in the morning. We also pulled paper ones for splash once it was back up, and Rapunzel. Even with fp we waited about 40 minutes, stand by was 90! Today Epcot WS is more managable, still lots of people but I don't feel as claustrophobic and frustrated today!

All the talking on a different thread about how testers should be allowed to double dip because of all the problems they are running into (And BTW...not saying I don't agree and would have double dipped if I was there and had the chance) but what about all those guest without MBs that showed up this morning for RD at HS? They were lucky to get 1 FP for a headliner. Those with MBs could have 3 FP+s and if they were lucky pulled 1 paper FP as well. What are those without MBs going to get to make up for their day not going well in HS???

Sorry to be seeing these tales of craptacular experiences for all those who are there. But, it certainly eases our regret for not taking our annual fall WDW trip.

Wow....Disney has really created a mess, it sounds like. And I don't particularly have a lot of faith in their devising an effective plan to correct it.

Shame, really.

We'll be there next week too and share the hope as you. I just can't picture October crowds being equated to, and in some cases worse than, those of NYE, Spring Break, etc.

I've never been worried about crowds and now I am, and it stinks. I spend a good amount of money visiting WDW biannually and am going to be disappointed if I find it's no longer a good vacation fit for us, both time- and money-wise. MM+ has proven to be a nightmare for those not participating (ie: off-site guests, such as us; we're also AP holders and I truly feel that regardless of resort choice, we should be participating in the testing phase too) as legacy FP are gone before one can blink whereas those testing can double dip.

This will be our last trip for many reasons, but mainly due to FP+. I am not interested in reserving rides months in advance.

I don't think it is a glitch. I think it is the new normal, all thanks to FP+.

If it is, Disney will not be getting any of my money in the future. I don't like going to parts and have to plan what I'm going to ride and when I have to ride it.. We use FP for a couple of the big rides but we usually just ride what has the shortest lines and MAYBE wait in stand by if it's something we really want to ride. If the E Ticket rides are booked thoughout the day that will just send the lines to other usually less crowded rides. Soon these parks will be unmanageable. I'll just go to Universal, stay at their hotel, and get their Express pass for my stay with my visit for every ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter