Rockin Rollercoaster ALREADY out of FP?!?!

Per a convo on another site, HS mgr informed guest that FP- inventory was reduced by 50%. How reliable that is, I don't know.

Feel awful for those that are not FP+ eligible right now :(

If that's true, it would make sense why all the big ticket rides ran out so early, but not all the other rides...

So they're just cutting FP availability?!?! THey haven't even rolled out all resorts yet!!! This is going to get ugly!! Man, I hope things are straightened out by next week!!!!! :headache::headache:

ITA. If we're not able to get FPs with a reasonable return time, I will be complaining to Guest Services next week. This whole thing is ridiculous.

FWIW, Disney gives discounts when resort occupancy is low. No discounts were required this week because the occupancy levels were already at a sufficient level. I'm sure the Canadian and Columbus Day holidays on Monday both contributed to higher crowd levels this week and the lack of discounts offered.

ITA. If we're not able to get FPs with a reasonable return time, I will be complaining to Guest Services next week. This whole thing is ridiculous.

FWIW, Disney gives discounts when resort occupancy is low. No discounts were required this week because the occupancy levels were already at a sufficient level. I'm sure the Canadian and Columbus Day holidays on Monday both contributed to higher crowd levels this week and the lack of discounts offered.

Good point. I still noticed on TP, the crowd levels were raised for next week from what they used to be about a month ago. Although I'm really wondering what on earth Disney is thinking with this whole FP thing. FP+ is nowhere near ready to be the "only" way. For all the offsite and AP holders alone.... this is just cruel! :mad:

Went over to AK... It isn't that busy there and they have paper fast passes still available.

Everybody needs to quit complaining...there's plenty of FastPass+ return times available for the Teacups, Stitch Encounter, Journey into Your Imagination, American Idol Experience, and It's Tough to Be a Bug! Don't you want those FastPasses? Don't ya?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Everybody needs to quit complaining...there's plenty of FastPass+ return times available for the Teacups, Stitch Encounter, Journey into Your Imagination, American Idol Experience, and It's Tough to Be a Bug! Don't you want those FastPasses? Don't ya?

LOLOL. I do think that people should stop complaining or threatening to go to Guest Services. Do you think Guest Services doesn't know what's up? They do.

Per a convo on another site, HS mgr informed guest that FP- inventory was reduced by 50%. How reliable that is, I don't know.

Feel awful for those that are not FP+ eligible right now :(

Did they say if this was on purpose??? How bizarre!!! What would be the reason for doing this???

LOLOL. I do think that people should stop complaining or threatening to go to Guest Services. Do you think Guest Services doesn't know what's up? They do.

So we're just supposed to accept that this is all OK? We're not supposed to let them know that they have unhappy guests?

Early testing had all positive reviews according to Disney. This October round of testing is the first time they've tested the capacity of the system, and it's failing a significant number of guests. They definitely need feedback about this. If people don't complain, then Disney management can just delude themselves into thinking FP+ is the Best Thing EVAH.

Yeah, but if I can't pull 8 FPs for Tower of Terror for my scrapbook with expired tickets form 1996 and I can't FP+ TSM at 9:30 am, and FP- it at 9, I might start going to Universal.

I hope they fix this. I do not want to have a vacation with 1-2 hrs of waits for each ride!!!

OK I have some theories on this, with some having facts.
1st - I do believe there were some glitches today. Even Mission Space ran out of FP+ before noon. That is totally unheard of. Today was an odd day with some sort of problem.
2nd - Yes FP+ is having a factor on FP Return times. Until today only TSMM had a noticeable affect. I expect the more FP+ is opened up the more the affect will be noticed.
3rd Double Dipping is contributing some and once they do away with that it will stabilize some. Let us face it. People are riding the ride at RD, getting a FP- and have a later FP+. Heck I have seen some quadruple dipping.
4th - Use to the summer, Spring Break and Christmas was the busy time with a few short Holidays. I believe Summer is beginning to fall in line with much of the rest of the year. Many people have learned that with children 4 and under do not go when it is 95 degrees outside but when it is no more than 85 degrees. Plus Summer is the rainy season. For that matter with younger school children, missing a few days of school is not a grade killer so even with say a 1st or 2nd grader taking a week offseason is often done. Oh and Homeschoolers (which is slowly increasing in numbers) definitely go offseason. OK now throw in things like F&W and Free dining and you have even more people without children going during the non-holiday/summer times. Let us face it, during F&W people may go to EPCOT twice but they still go to the other parks if they stay more than a few days. Same will apply in like May during the Flower and Garden at EPCOT.
5th All said and done today is an exception not the rule but I do believe ultimately if you want a convenient FP+ time for TSMM (possibly TT and Soarin) you better get up early and get your time 60 days prior or you will find the good FP+ if not all are gone rather quickly.

So we're just supposed to accept that this is all OK?

Assuming the decrease was done on purpose, yeah. You could adjust your plans, but we all know FP- elimination is coming at some point.

Early testing had all positive reviews according to Disney.

Of course it did. what they were testing was not what the system is going to be. Those who have been testing and had FP+ and FP- will not have both.

Early testing had all positive reviews according to Disney. This October round of testing is the first time they've tested the capacity of the system, and it's failing a significant number of guests. They definitely need feedback about this. If people don't complain, then Disney management can just delude themselves into thinking FP+ is the Best Thing EVAH.

I think once FP+ is rolled out for EVERYONE, the problems will subside. If the total capacity for FP+ is the same as for regular FP, then things should end up about the same as they have been in terms of availability.

I think the testing is actually making things worse than they would be otherwise. Disney fiddling around with the availability of regular FP is a necessary part of the testing phase. It just stinks that it's making things bad for people without FP+. Hopefully this all means that they are indeed closer to a full rollout of FP+ though.

Thanks! He will definitely get paid, but not until the shutdown is over. I pray it happens in the next two days. Hard to think about much else these days. A lot of money going out and nothing coming in is not good. Trying to stay positive, though. :goodvibes

FD was not available for last week or this week, so it couldn't be from that. I think the increase in crowds is due to many states/school districts going to a balanced school schedule this year. All of my nieces and nephews in IN were off last week and this week. Typically on a balanced schedule, schools get two weeks off in October.

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. I think many school systems are moving towards the balanced schedule. We live in IN but our school system has not changed yet. I was hoping it would, but now I am not so sure.

We are entering the second half of October which is the ramp up to all resorts being live with MB and FP+.

So they would need to shift significant inventory over to FP+ now.

Are those of you onsite seeing a lot more bands on people? When I was there in August it was rare.

This is seriously bumming me out :( We're going to be there on Sunday. We're not commandos but still planned on using touring guides and getting fastpasses like we normally do! I guess this is our last stay offsite :(

Feel awful for those that are not FP+ eligible right now

Did they say if this was on purpose??? How bizarre!!! What would be the reason for doing this???

It means 50% of FP slots are going to be taken by FP+ and thus the remaining 50% for FP- are going to go fast for all e-ticket rides. FP- will be gone in half the time they used to, as well as quickly pushing return times way out, because there will be half the slots available.

People have been warning others that are planning to eschew FP+ for the ability to pull more FP- that is was what they were going to face.

We are entering the second half of October which is the ramp up to all resorts being live with MB and FP+.

So they would need to shift significant inventory over to FP+ now.

Are those of you onsite seeing a lot more bands on people? When I was there in August it was rare.

I was just there last week and while I have nothing to compare it to in terms of prior weeks/months, I would say that there was a decent amount of Magic Bands in place. It certainly wasn't an uncommon or sporadic sighting. Granted, there were still certainly more people without bands than with bands (as may always be the case), but it wasn't as if seeing a band was a rare occurrence at all.

If I had to put a number on it, maybe a tenth of people in parks had bands on (that may be a bit high, but it gives you an idea that it wasn't uncommon, but not SUPER prevalent yet).

This has me worried. We can't make any FP+ reservations until we arrive on Saturday due to an IT glitch that they can't fix. IT assured me that getting the FP+ would be fine. I am sure for the most part it will be but I am not looking forward to spending my first vacation hours at Guest Services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter