Rockin Roller Coaster Questions

Disneyjosh229

Rental Car Guru
I have a few questions about RRC. First off how is the music (Big Aerosmith Fan) ? When are the best times to ride? Is fastpass a good idea?

Thanks Alot

If you like Aerosmith you WILL like the RRC. You get a feeling that you are in his recording studio, walking down and along the walls you see Aerosmith stuff. Then you get to see them in a recording studio and they are jammin. Really nice ride and enviroment....We road it 5 times last year. :cool1:

Disneyjosh229 said:
I have a few questions about RRC. First off how is the music (Big Aerosmith Fan) ? When are the best times to ride? Is fastpass a good idea?

Thanks Alot

I'm also an Aerosmith fan and the music is great! And Loud! I would definitely use Fastpass, waits can be long without it. We always go in the summer though, it might not be as important at slower times.

Terri

Great music!
* Each limo plays a different Aerosmith track. Among the popular Aerosmith songs heard:
Dude (Looks Like a Lady)
Walk this Way[Played when leaving the pre-show area]
Love in an Elevator[which has been changed to 'Love in a Roller Coaster' as you pull in to the station at the end of the ride]
Sweet Emotion
Young Lust
F.I.N.E.
Back in the Saddle
Nine Lives
What Kind of Love are You On? [Played in the event of a failure.]

here's a link....
http://www.rocknrollercoaster.com/index2.html

Fast Pass RNR for sure unless you get into park as soon as it opens.
We usually do but do TOT first. The ques seem to be so much longer there, and then we head over to RNR..Usually only a 10 minute wait.

and we did that both in October and August and had same wait time.
I remember going back in afternoon and all fast passes were given out and wait was an hour.

You know, I think I've always done a "child swap" on this ride. I don't remember any of the preliminary stuff. DH and DS must have rode first, while I waited with DD - who is still too short for RRC. (She can't wait to ride TOT which she is tall enough to ride now.)

twotoohappy said:
Great music!
What Kind of Love are You On? [Played in the event of a failure.]

Failure??? Like as in some sort of malfunction with the coaster?? eeek! :earseek:

Rock N' Roller Coaster is, by far, my favorite ride in not only WDW but ever! I'm a huge Aerosmith fan (what can I say? My mom and dad raised me on classic rock. My next dream would be a roller coaster set to the Doors or Queen!) and I didn't even mind waiting in line because they play Aerosmith music the entire day. The music throughout the coaster track is really loud, but it's perfect. It's not at all scary, either.

I went during this past summer and the wait was about 60-80 minutes and I knew that I'd want to ride it again so I got a FP, waited in line, then went right on it again. FP is probably your best bet if you're going in summer.

I'm not sure of the best times to ride it, I've never done EMH yet because I haven't been there since they started it! But on the next trip, this Saturday!!!, I'll be sure to check out the EMHs and stuff.

minijeanie said:
Fast Pass RNR for sure unless you get into park as soon as it opens.
We usually do but do TOT first. The ques seem to be so much longer there, and then we head over to RNR..Usually only a 10 minute wait.

and we did that both in October and August and had same wait time.
I remember going back in afternoon and all fast passes were given out and wait was an hour.

I noticed you are from central NJ now my question is... if you are familiar with the Scream Machine ride in Great adventure in NJ, is it higher than that ride ? Bec. my sister's limit is that ride as she gets older she dont like to try new rides and for the past 4 yrs. that is the only ride she tries. I asked her last January when we were in WDW to try the RNR but she is chicken :confused3 coz she cannot see the rails from the outside...

OH.. NO.... RNR coaster is Not as high as Scream Machine.. it is much smaller.. and tighter... i would equate it more to the Batman ride... except you sit in it.. your legs don't dangle... but it is also shorter... if she can handle Scream Machine.. rnr coaster will be a walk in the park for her!

Does your sister do Skull Mountain? Because RNR is in the "dark" but with all the lighted stuff you can pretty much see. And Skull Mountain is actually rougher than RNR and I remember when that used to be the smoothest. One thing to consider about the height is that you can see it on Scream Machine, from the ground and on the ride. Since RNR is completely inclosed, you never see how high it is (and can't tell on it either)
Hope you have fun!!
:wave2:

I'd recommend doing Rock 'n' Roller Coaster either in the first hour the park is open or the last hour the park is open. Also, go on days when MGM has EMH. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter