Rockin' Roller Coaster-Help

DisneyLover1091

DIS Veteran
Aloha!

April 2006 was my first time going on RnR. I was really scared in line and I almost started crying.

We are going back next year 2007 and I have my doubts about going on again though I want to but it's because of the take off. I'm scared :(

As far as roller coasters go, it's really not all that bad!

So don't be scared, it's a LOT of fun. It's fast, but it's over quickly. Just remember to keep your head against the headrest so it doesn't jerk back as it takes off.

It's such an awesome ride, I know you'll love it.

I feel for you. I'm not a thrill ride person. I went on RnR last Sept. for the first time. Dh loves roller coasters. I promise your nervousness is way worse than any part of the ride. The take off reminds me of racing at a red light. In fact I liked the ride so much we rode it 3 times back to back. Go ahead and go-your fear is the worst part.

Rockin' Rollercoaster is my favorite ride anywhere. Admittedly, I have only truly been scared on one coaster (the Xterminator at Knott's Berry Farms), but there are lots of rides I don't like; Tower of Terror for instance. However, I've never been scared for my safety (execpt that Xterminator with it's 180 degree drops and no shoulder harness!).

You will feel very secure in R and R. That shoulder harness comes down and locks and I promise, you aren't going anywhere. The take-off gets up to around 62 MPH - so basically it is like being on the freeway in a convertable! You probably went a lot faster just travelling to WDW!

My DD went on R and R at 8 yo and again at 9. She didn't LOVE it, but wasn't scared either. When we go in November she will be 11 and is planning on trying it again.

Nicole

I really like the feeling. It's just the tires squealing and that amazing feeling in your stomach. Makes me laugh!

Some people often forget (like me) that scary rides are not about proving something, but having fun. If you would feel uncomfortable riding again, don't do it.

I love Rockin Rollercoaster, but even though I have rode it 4 times, the takeoff always makes me nervous!!!!
If you enjoy the ride after the takeoff part, you should try it 1 more time if you feel OK about getting past your fear.
You will probably get a new song on your 2nd ride, as the train alternates on songs.
DD and I always sing along to the song and it makes the ride alot more fun!

Good luck and have fun whatever you decide, if all else fails you can take the chicken exit.

:cool1: :thumbsup2 I absolutely HATE the take off. No matter how hard I try not to scream, you can still see my tonsils in the picture. My 12 yo DD had me ride 3 times in a row. Now, I do not reccommed that. It made me sooo sick. :crazy: Just close your eyes and wait for the take off to be over. ENJOY!!!! :banana: :banana:

I'm not one for rollercoasters mainly due to the heights. So I always stay clear of them. I got on the Rockin Rollercoaster by mistake. I thought it was a simulated ride and it wasn't until I was strapped in that I asked the guy next to my "why do you need a shoulder harness for a simulated ride?". He replied, this isn't a simulated ride and off we were :moped: . I screamed the entire ride and then got back into line when it was finished. I rode 2 more times because I was thrilled by the speed and that you weren't very high off the ground (it's so dark you couldn't tell anyways).

My husband loved the Tower of Terror but didn't like the Rocker Rollercoaster too much. I had to ride the 2 times by myself because once was enough for him. He said that the loops were giving him a headache :headache: .

I'm hitting this ride first when I return to MGM in September! :banana:

OMG, I know exactly how you feel! My first time on RNRC was Feb 05', the take off really put me off and I was pretty frightened throughout the ride, heck I was freaked out! lol :eek:

This year (Feb. 06') I was pretty nervous & anxious while waiting in line, but believe me, second time riding it was so much less scary. It was actually really fun and not as scary as I remembered. So hopefully you'll have a good time next time. Hey it';s even snagged a spot on my fave ride list.! :goodvibes

allflgirl said:
I'm not one for rollercoasters mainly due to the heights. So I always stay clear of them. I got on the Rockin Rollercoaster by mistake. I thought it was a simulated ride and it wasn't until I was strapped in that I asked the guy next to my "why do you need a shoulder harness for a simulated ride?".

How could you think this, when you walk right by the track and see it take off?

This is one of my mom's favorite's rides and she's in her 60's. It took her three years though to find out it went upside down because she couldn't see and never felt it.

I love RNR :rotfl: But back in 2000, I was in line and someone before me was asking about the ride. I told her it was GREAT, real fast take off, couple loop to loops. When it was time for her to get out, she couldn't she was having a panick attack I think, they had to stop the ride, to get her off. I felt so bad :blush:

I finally worked up the courage to try it this summer. Everyone I talked to said it is the take-off that is the hardest to deal with and they were right, after that the rest of the ride is fun. The take-off isn't too bad, just fast. You just have to experience it. I would ride it again.

I dont like the take off either, which is disappointing to me because I love the ride itself.

Ive ridden it a couple of times and the take off scares me so much that when we are strapped in and waiting to take off I can't stop shaking.

Anticipation is worse than the ride! I want to go because my whole family loves it and I hate to just sit and wait but I don't think I will go on it this time.

orljustin said:
How could you think this, when you walk right by the track and see it take off?

Yes, I saw the track, however, my husband was the one that told me it was a simulated ride and I believed him until I sat down and the harness came down on my shoulders. He's been trying to get me on a rollercoaster ever since we were married 18 years ago. Well he did and I loved it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter