Rocket Launch on Wed

WDWtinkbell1982

15 WDW trips and counting....
We leave tomorrow morning! :banana:

I just found out there is going to be a rocket launch on Wed from CC. Will we be able to see anything from Disney? We were there for the shuttle launch last June...and were able to see the shuttle...not like the '99 launch we saw from Cocoa Beach...but still visible...

Just wondering if rocket launches are just as visible from Disney as shuttle launches???

The best place that I have ever seen a shuttle launch from at WDW was the beach at Wilderness Lodge. It was an amazing view.

We were taking a break in our room at Swan last Oct when I stumbled into a live TV shot of a non-shuttle launch. I looked out our window and could plainly see the exhaust trail rising up. We caught a shuttle launch one March morning while going to the food court at POR.

Bill From PA

We drove over to Cape Canaveral last week and saw the Space Shuttle take off. My husband and kids wanted to see it. (I saw the first two go off when I was young, but don't really remember them.) It was about a 1.25 hour drive to get there....AND a 4 hour drive back. It was pretty much bumper to bumper, stand still traffic most of the way back to our resort. So, it was great for them to see it, but miserable getting back to WDW!

Keep an eye on the launch date/time... my dad works on this rocket and said it is supposed to go on the 11th, but they have changed the date a million times already. I hope it goes because we'll be at their house then before Disney and he has a pass to get up in the Cape! My boys will be so thrilled... but I haven't told them yet b/c launches always get scrubbed. :(

Kim :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter