Rock n Roller Coaster????

I love thrill rides so for me this was nothing compared to others I have been on but I will not be riding this again I was worried I would burst my eardrums :headache: But yes I understand that is the theme of the ride.

I was scared to death to ride it for exactly the same reason.....I didn't think I'd like going upside down AT ALL. But, this last trip (in December), I knew I had to try it, so I just pretended I was driving while I was riding it, LOL. (I'm a bit of a speed demon, so it wasn't too much of a stretch. ;) I LOVED it, and actually never even noticed that we went upside down! I actually even heard two people arguing after riding it as to whether they went upside down or not, LOL. It ended up being my second favorite ride (after T.O.T.), and we rode it 4 times. And as my DD19 advises.....just SCREAM! It helps you relax. :)

My only problem with the ride was riding in very back, it seemed much more bumpy and jerked me around. I found it really enjoyable sitting in the middle and the front, it seemed more smoother.
With the single rider line, I was able to ride it twice in one day. Only the second time I decided to ride it, I was dealing with a headache. For future reference: Loud ride+headache=Not so bright idea. Haha!

I can ride all WDW coasters except this one. From the beginning of the launch to the end, my head was jerked back constantly. Highly uncomfortable for me. This was about 10 years ago. Won't be doing this one again.

Here is what the ride layout looks like (it is a clone of Rock N Rollercoaster but at a park in Europe and outdoors):
tumblr_m5iyzpHZzv1r1e3nno1_1280.jpg

And here is a on ride video of what it looks like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6GdbwSBIUI
Are you for real? The ride is SO smooth I never noticed all those turns and inversions, good job Disney! :thumbsup2

For those who have ridden California Scream at California Adventure in DIsneyland, how would you compare it? It took two trips before I tried that ride. We're at trip 8 and have yet to try RnR...pixiedust:

For those who have ridden California Scream at California Adventure in DIsneyland, how would you compare it? It took two trips before I tried that ride. We're at trip 8 and have yet to try RnR...pixiedust:

I have ridden both! I think RnRC is much shorter than CS and the inversions and hills are faster/shorter/less intense. I can imagine that there is trepidation because you can't see what's coming, but I think that really helps because you just experience the current moment instead of anxiety about what you think is coming up next.

If you have ridden CS - you should be totally fine! The theme for RnRC is fantastic!

It is my DD's favorite ride! She was 6 when she went on it for the 1st time. When you ride it, be sure to keep your head pressed back - especially at take off. If I don't keep my head pressed back I get a headache.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter