Rock n Roller Coaster????

Port Mom

Mouseketeer
I have been on every ride in WDW except RnRc. I love them all.....Space Mtn, BTMT, Splash MTn, ToT, EE. I am not a big fan of roller coasters, but I do enjoy all the Disney rides that I have been on. I am going to WDW in May and am thinking about RnRc. I am nervous about the takeoff and the inversions. For those who have been on the ride.......please shed some light. Thanks

For a launched coaster, it is not intense as compared to launched coasters at other parks but it is the most intense rollercoaster at Disney World.

Here is what the ride layout looks like (it is a clone of Rock N Rollercoaster but at a park in Europe and outdoors):
tumblr_m5iyzpHZzv1r1e3nno1_1280.jpg

And here is a on ride video of what it looks like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6GdbwSBIUI

You don't even really notice the inversions in my opinion because the ride is so smooth. It is awesome, I love it. The one I cannot do is Expedition Everest. It seems rough and the backwards part ummm no thanks. The take off would not seem so intense if they did not play it up so much. I mean a countdown, now that makes it intense. If you can handle Everest and TOT you will be fine on RRC. Enjoy!!

As soon as the countdown ends you're off and tbh the take off doesn't last all that long. If you can do EE, TOT ec then you'll be fine.

I think this is an individual preference.

I'm 53, in great shape, enjoy being active and having fun. But it's too much for me and the last time I rode it, I made a mental note that...it was the last time I'd be ridding it.

But for comparison, I rode space mountain this month and also felt it was a little over the top for me...now.

Maybe try it and see? Pretty sure you'll still be alive at the end. Just a lot wiser and well, maybe a little shook up. :upsidedow

Ok, RnR is my all time favorite ride EEEEVVVEEER, but if I knew beforehand it looked like that:scared::scared: I would have never ridden it.

That being said, seriously the take off it the best part of the whole ride! It's smooth and you hardly know you are going upside down. In fact, I had to ride it a second time to believe I went upside down. Crazy.

I am a so-so roller-coaster rider. I don't love them, but don't hate them. We ride RnRc once a trip mostly because my husband likes it. I LOVE all the other coasters in WDW and can ride them over and over. RnRC is a bit too intense for me, but it is rather mild compared to other coasters out there. If you like the others at WDW, in the very least you won't hate RnRc.

You don't even really notice the inversions in my opinion because the ride is so smooth. It is awesome, I love it. The one I cannot do is Expedition Everest. It seems rough and the backwards part ummm no thanks. The take off would not seem so intense if they did not play it up so much. I mean a countdown, now that makes it intense. If you can handle Everest and TOT you will be fine on RRC. Enjoy!!

Agree 100%!!

My kids(10 & 8) are ride wimps, but they went on RNR on our last trip & loved it. They went again and again and came off smiling every time. And DD & I can't do Everest. Give it a try and enjoy your trip!

LOVE it! My 5 year old nephew rode it 3 times last summer and was POed that we wouldn't stand in the 2 hour standby line to ride it a 4th time.

Ok, RnR is my all time favorite ride EEEEVVVEEER, but if I knew beforehand it looked like that:scared::scared: I would have never ridden it.

That being said, seriously the take off it the best part of the whole ride! It's smooth and you hardly know you are going upside down. In fact, I had to ride it a second time to believe I went upside down. Crazy.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

best.ride.ever.

I'm not a fan of the RnR launch, but I love the rest of the ride. So to get through the launch I eke my head back and count to 3, knowing by the time I get to 3 the worst is over and I can enjoy the rest! Good luck!

The inversion are rather fast and smooth, i've even done it a few times while wearing eyeglasses which remained on my head (trying to spot hidden mickeys). The only flaw to the ride is having it themed with Aerosmith far too many years after they stopped being relevant.

The only flaw to the ride is having it themed with Aerosmith far too many years after they stopped being relevant.
Guessing you're not a big fan of Great Movie Ride then, either?? ;). Alien is years past relevant, even if the stupid alien head WASN'T stuck in the ceiling....groan.

I was nervous because I don't like rides that go upside down. When I went on it was a fun ride! I didn't notice I was upside down until it was over! I find it a short ride.....when the ride was over, I was like oh that was fast! I wanted to be a little longer!!!

Try it! Its a awesome ride. The launch is great..Can leave your eyeglasses on
..also believe theres a single rider line that moves pretty quick so wouldn't waste fastpass on unless really crowded.

Guessing you're not a big fan of Great Movie Ride then, either?? ;). Alien is years past relevant, even if the stupid alien head WASN'T stuck in the ceiling....groan.

It has its appeal, the end movie sure could use some updating, but at the very least the movies depicted in it are iconic. Cant really say I feel the same for Aerosmith place in rock & roll history. A 50-60s rock medley would fit the theming better, things that have stood the test of time. Dude Looks Like A Lady doesnt really transcend generations.

I rode it for the first and last time on my trip last year. I am not a roller coaster lover, but easily tolerate all the other coaster rides at WDW and will go on them with my kids. It was the take off that I disliked - I felt like I left my stomach 50 feet behind me and it couldn't catch up! The man next to me completely freaked out so that didn't help. I don't think I would have minded the rest of the ride too much if I wasn't so bothered by the initial launch. The upside down parts weren't a big deal.

My children, who don't go on big roller coasters, absolutely love it!

The key to the catapult launch is to keep your head back against the headrest. Then your head doesn't snap back!

Love RnR; it's the best!

I hate coasters, and it was smooth rode and would do it again. No scary drops or at least you don't notice if on the dark. I thought space mountain was rougher.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter