Rock n Roller coaster rehab in sept through october 2007?

I work at RNR.

The refurb is going on in September, and will be on electrical and launch base control systems, and is 100% needed and planned for at least a year. The Jan refurb was the addition of the single rider line and replacement of magnets along the LSM.

Hope that answers your questions.

Since you work there, I'm sure you know exact dates. When will the refurb begin and when is it expected to end?

pfft. you assume too much. They tell us Septemberish... and that's about the best I can do.

I can tell you our new exciting news though. They are currently upgrading audio to another system, which is being tested this week on vehicle number 3 and 4. I got to be the first person to ride the new 4 today, which has Sweet Emotion on it now ~ a song which hasn't been on an active limo in 10 months. Hopefully this upgrade will result in less audio-related problems. Go figure that speakers blasting music every 90 seconds every day don't hold up well over 7 years....

That's very curious. I guess they don't want to advertise two major rides being down during MNSSHP since Universal has their Halloween party too.

My 2 cents: There is too much floating around about the Sept rehab for it not to be true. Most of the sites reporting it are also reporting other MGM rehab or upgrade news that is turning to be true and announced by WDW at the last minute.

Also, on the late date of an announcement, it does not seem to matter to WDW when they announce rehabs. For the last couple weeks, rumor was that Astro Orbiter would be down during August for rehab. Yesterday, Disney announced it would be down for the bulk of September (not August).

hanrendar: do you think it will be a month-long rehab, or longer, or shorter? I'm dying here! To be 100% selfish, and with apologies to those going in October, I hope "Septemberish" turns into Octoberish, just like the Astro Orbiter rehab went from August to September. We're going Sept. 23-29, and there is no attraction (with the exception of EE, which I haven't done yet) that I would be more bummed about missing. I'm thinking if we can just make it through 5 more days without an announcement from Disney, then we'll be in August, and surely Disney wouldn't announce a month-long rehab of a "super headliner" attraction a mere month in advance, would they? [crosses fingers]

I really it will be open on October 24th!!!

...still nothing on the website so I'm confused.

My DD has ate veggies at every meal since our last trip JUST so she can be tall enough to ride RnR. If they have both that AND BTMR closed during our trip - I'll take her directly to the Imagineer office and let THEM explain to her why they closed two coasters at the same time.

On another note - it is absolutely ridiculous that these PM (preventative maintenance) events aren't announced until so late. In my past job, I had experience with planning and executing major PM activity on equipment. The fact is that these plans are very detailed and meticulous, and made well in advance of when they are to occur. They know (or at least SHOULD know) a MINIMUM of 6 months out from the ride closing. There's no reason not to announce it.

This ride BEST NOT BE CLOSED in October! It is bad enough that they are taking away my BTMRR for the entire month...

I work at RNR.

The refurb is going on in September, and will be on electrical and launch base control systems, and is 100% needed and planned for at least a year. The Jan refurb was the addition of the single rider line and replacement of magnets along the LSM.

Ok, I'm totally bummed out now - even if I could get to ride it once this trip, I would be content with that...this bites :mad:

this sucks, that is my favorite ride and now its gonna be closed in sept!!!! All I can hope for is that its after my trip but I doubt that. But at least the HM will be open again so I will get to see it!!!

Any dates given on the RNRC refurb? Didn't get to ride it last time due to pregnancy, hoping it's after my trip.

I don't think it's going to happen, Disney would have announced it It's a headline attraction. When they closed it for 3 weeks in January (I was there then) I'll be there in September. Disney announced the January closing around mid-Novmber. Over 6 weeks before. But that's just my opinion. I don't work with Disney and I'm not affliated with them in anyway.

Oh, I hope it will be open by late October. In 2005 my DS was not tall enough to ride, and we are all looking forward to riding together this time. Aerosmith is DH's favorite band, so this ride has a special place in our hearts....

You know it is all well and good that they are doing these improvements and it sounds great! BUT WHY DO THEY HAVE TO DO IT RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF LABOR DAY WEEKEND? WHAT IDIOT DECIDES THIS? What is it going to hurt to start the day after Labor Day? If the Sept 2 date is official (still not listed at all on the Disney site.) that will be a Saturday. WHO THE H*LL SCHEDULES A SHUTDOWN ON A SATURDAY AND A HOLIDAY TO BOOT?

Just my two cents.

You know it is all well and good that they are doing these improvements and it sounds great! BUT WHY DO THEY HAVE TO DO IT RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF LABOR DAY WEEKEND? WHAT IDIOT DECIDES THIS? What is it going to hurt to start the day after Labor Day? If the Sept 2 date is official (still not listed at all on the Disney site.) that will be a Saturday. WHO THE H*LL SCHEDULES A SHUTDOWN ON A SATURDAY AND A HOLIDAY TO BOOT?

Just my two cents.

Labor Day is a light crowd holiday. I was there over labor day last year and crowds were very low. I was at Magic Kingdom on Labor Day and waits for the major attractions were only 30-45 min. This is Value Season to Disney. That's when they do rehabs.

I so hope this isn't true. Last time we were there, I found out I was pregnant the day we went to MGM. I had to wait while my family rode RnR and I've been looking forward to riding it every since!!!

I work at RNR.

Your going to tell me.. that this was PLANNED for at least a year... and they will officially announce it less then a month before the closure date... SHAME ON DISNEY :mad: I also could have sworn I heard Sweet Emotion when the ride reopened in January :confused3 I always sing along to that part. Need to talk to someone about that... because I'm pretty sure we have it on tape too from when we bounced back and forth between ToT and RRC on an Eride night.

I understand the need to refurbish rides... I understand that by choosing to go during the month of September... my chances of a ride being down are greatly higher then traveling other months... but give me a break!

First it was SSE, then it was Haunted Mansion, now its Astro Orbitor, and I'm guessing it will be RRC next. This means longer lines for E-ride nights... especially at MK and MGM with 1 or more signature attractions down.

I loved how they decided to close the Tusker House during FREE DINNING too... that was BRILLIANT. Let's leave AK with only two CS locations for lunch and dinner. :headache: Yak and Yeti will not be open until Oct and rainforest Cafe is not on the DDP.

Arg! I admitt, I'm venting... but this is down right rediculous. Will it ruin my vacation... of course not... but it does not help set the mood. I will be writing Disney a letter (more to vent, then to seek "justice") if RRC does in fact go down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter