• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rock N' Roller Coaster Problems

Meliodas

Earning My Ears
Let's start off with my problem, I'm a huge rollercoaster wimp
I can't stand even the slightest rollercoasters without trembling with fear, even tho these are the ones I love most.
Just so you know how much fear I have, I couldn't stand Gringotts after the first fall because I was too scared it'd have another fall, even tho I knew the first fall wasn't even that long I kept thinking they'd scare me again
But, at the same time, my favorite attractions are the Mountains (even tho I am always afraid at Splash Mountain) and Jurassic Park (I'm also kinda afraid, but I love it)
So, my friend told me to go on Rock n' Roller Coaster and I don't know if I can stand it, because I never went in a lauched neither in any inversion
My biggest fears are the falls, which Aerosmith doesn't have tho

My daughters Mother-in-law was afraid to ride Rock n Roller Coaster also. She loved it. She doesn't like drops or going upside down. And wouldn't even consider riding The Tower of Terror. However, she said she liked it a lot and would do again if she gets the chance. The launch isn't so bad and the inversions aren't bad at all. I hope this helps.

No falls on this! You are launched and immediately get a pic taken (so my first pic was of me yelling an obviously bad word).
You go straight up into an inversion and you hardly know you're upside down. It's fast and a super fun. Controlled speed the entire time so there are no drops!

My daughters Mother-in-law was afraid to ride Rock n Roller Coaster also. She loved it. She doesn't like drops or going upside down. And wouldn't even consider riding The Tower of Terror. However, she said she liked it a lot and would do again if she gets the chance. The launch isn't so bad and the inversions aren't bad at all. I hope this helps.
I'm also afraid of Tower of Terror haha :scared:
My biggest fear was really the launch and the inversions but I guess I can take it then (?)
Thanks! :D

No falls on this! You are launched and immediately get a pic taken (so my first pic was of me yelling an obviously bad word).
You go straight up into an inversion and you hardly know you're upside down. It's fast and a super fun. Controlled speed the entire time so there are no drops!
I know there are no drops and that's a relief
My biggest problem was the launch and inversions but it's really fast so maybe I'll do it, after all we all have just one life hehe

YEARS ago, I went with a friend for a quick Disney trip in the Fall....it happened to be within the first few weeks that RnR was open. I knew little about the ride except we both love Aerosmith and I enjoy roller coasters and she does NOT. So somehow against all her protests and her will I got her to go on......well I was sweating it because about 3 seconds into the ride we're doing an inversion and that was on her "do not fly list"!!!!!!! I was certain she wouldn't talk to me for the rest of the trip! Well.......we get off the ride, she says "that was awesome, let's do it again!".......I say "really? I was sure you were never going to speak to me again once we went upside down" .

Her reply....."when did we go upside down?"

Lol.....it goes so quickly that sometimes you're not even aware of the actual track you are taking(there's only one, I just mean the coaster itself) - you just enjoy the experience! As previously stated there are no drops just an inversion and corkscrews.

In our case ignorance was bliss, however I know the initial anxiety can be high.

Hope you ride it & have fun!!!

My biggest problem with that ride is it hurts my neck. I'm a little person and the head restraints don't restrain my head so I end up bouncing back and forth on it. I don't ride it any more since it's not worth being in pain the rest of the day. I never found it scary though.

Being a dark room coaster, you can't really tell how your oriented especially the first couple times. Just lean back so your head is against the seat when the countdown starts and enjoy the ride. If anything it feels like your always going up with a gentle series of tight turns to get you back down.

The ride is much smoother toward the front than the back. It is fast, and the Aerosmith music really adds to it!

Easily my favorite ride ever. When we go to Epcot, we try to do a coaster on Sum of All Thrills with the same features...but it's never as good!

YEARS ago, I went with a friend for a quick Disney trip in the Fall....it happened to be within the first few weeks that RnR was open. I knew little about the ride except we both love Aerosmith and I enjoy roller coasters and she does NOT. So somehow against all her protests and her will I got her to go on......well I was sweating it because about 3 seconds into the ride we're doing an inversion and that was on her "do not fly list"!!!!!!! I was certain she wouldn't talk to me for the rest of the trip! Well.......we get off the ride, she says "that was awesome, let's do it again!".......I say "really? I was sure you were never going to speak to me again once we went upside down" .

Lol.....it goes so quickly that sometimes you're not even aware of the actual track you are taking(there's only one, I just mean the coaster itself) - you just enjoy the experience! As previously stated there are no drops just an inversion and corkscrews.

In our case ignorance was bliss, however I know the initial anxiety can be high.

Hope you ride it & have fun!!!
Haha that's a nice story, I may ride after all then :P but isn't the high speed an issue too?

Being a dark room coaster, you can't really tell how your oriented especially the first couple times. Just lean back so your head is against the seat when the countdown starts and enjoy the ride. If anything it feels like your always going up with a gentle series of tight turns to get you back down.
Isn't the speed kinda chocking tho?
My sister said that was the real issue for her The Mummy (which I was too scared to ride)

I wasn't sure about Rock N Roller Coaster either because of the inversions but my wise daughter-in-law asked how I would judge something if I didn't try it first myself so I went on it with my husband, who doesn't mind coasters at all. I did research and knew what to expect and yelled a few words that won't make it into this board as we launched. I knew what to expect after that but, because of the darkness couldn't see anything. A bit shaky after I got off but OK. When we left, my husband asked how I survived and I said, "I'm OK, not great because of the launch but going upside down didn't bother me at all." He said "we went upside down?" I laughed and assured him we did. He disagreed not only that first time but the second AND third times we went (not on the same trip). On the fourth time, he finally said, "OK, we DO go upside down".

I've been on Rock n Roller Coaster three times. The first time I kept my eyes closed and it was awful! Second time, kept my eyes open and sort of enjoyed it! Third time, eyes open, but by the end, the speed really got to me and my legs started shaking. When the ride stopped, I couldn't get the harness off and I thought I would have to do it again - AAAHHH!!! Never again. I'm fine on BTMRR, 7DMT even SM, but I can't do RnRC ever again!

In general I'm not keen on launched coasters and in my old age I usually avoid coasters with inversions, mainly due to the over-the-shoulder restraints, but RnR is different. IMO you really can't tell that you're going upside down. And it's pretty smooth, unlike many other coasters with inversions. It's not my favorite ride by a long shot, but it's quite enjoyable.

I'll be a voice of dissent here. I LOVE roller coasters, always have. I also love the high speed launching ones. I HATE this ride. I was so excited to go on it and about 30 seconds in I wanted off. I don't know why. There was never fear or anything, I just felt nauseous the whole time, and it beat the hell out of my head/neck. I had a migraine the rest of the night.

DB was hesitant to get on because though he does like coasters in general, he does not care for the launching ones. He didn't love that part but he does like the ride itself. Now we just get him a FP for this and me a FP for ToT at the same time, lol.

I'll be a voice of dissent here. I LOVE roller coasters, always have. I also love the high speed launching ones. I HATE this ride. I was so excited to go on it and about 30 seconds in I wanted off. I don't know why. There was never fear or anything, I just felt nauseous the whole time, and it beat the hell out of my head/neck. I had a migraine the rest of the night.

DB was hesitant to get on because though he does like coasters in general, he does not care for the launching ones. He didn't love that part but he does like the ride itself. Now we just get him a FP for this and me a FP for ToT at the same time, lol.
I have to agree with you...I love coasters and was so looking forward to this. Have even tried it multiple times with family but always end up not enjoying it and getting a migraine. It's themed so great and I want to do it but hate wrecking the rest of my day. I envy you all who can enjoy it!

But I guess I'll go just for the experience because why not right?
Better leave it to the end of the day then tho

Search on you tube for rnr lights on. There's one that's more of a computer model, so you'll get a good idea for how the track runs.

Launch is kinda scary. I took a Xanax and screamed a bad word but aside from that it was fun. Really, if I'd have not known exactly what to expect with the track, id have not realized we were upside down. It was cool to realize that. The rest of the ride is a blast. Do it once!

Search on you tube for rnr lights on. There's one that's more of a computer model, so you'll get a good idea for how the track runs.

Launch is kinda scary. I took a Xanax and screamed a bad word but aside from that it was fun. Really, if I'd have not known exactly what to expect with the track, id have not realized we were upside down. It was cool to realize that. The rest of the ride is a blast. Do it once!
I won't see the video because I prefer not knowing what awaits me
I'm sure I'll be almost chickening out by the launch tho, but I'll stay DETERMINED

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter