• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster--Fact or Rumor?

Jonas and Hannah are enough to make me vomit now. I'd completely avoid RnR if this was done to it.

ohhhhh buddy...you said it!! this is one of my favorite rides but i'm afraid if they change it, i've rode it for the last time. this would be a very sad change indeedy! :sad:

While I'm not against a Disney replacing Aerosmith, it would need to be with someone of equal or greater caliber, not the Jonas Brothers or Hannah Montana, who in 5 years, will be replaced by a new Disney fad.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! it cant happen AEROSMITH is BEAST!!! If they changed it id be really mad and upset jonas brothers and hannah montana stink... DHS is a place where thrill junkies go thats the best ride there i think!

I wouldn't mind hearing "RockStar" by Nickleback while riding RnR, I also think Kiss would make a pretty good replacement.

There is no such sign by the Rockin Roller Coaster. I went there yesterday just to see for myself. There is a kiosk set up for Disney Records that has Hannah Montana photos and Jonas photos with two people sitting there. The kiosk is a kids activity area for parents with kids that can't ride. Kinda like the kidcot stations in Epcot. According to my friend who is a cast member that works at that ride.

No sign that says the ride will shut down and in it's place with be a Hannah Montana/Jonas Brother's attraction.

I do not where they think they saw this. But the sign does not exist people. Someone is confused with the kiosk set up in that area.

Sorry if this has already been discussed but I did a quick search and didn't find any information regarding what I just heard.

A friend of a friend is visiting Disney at the moment and said that "there's a sign near RnRcoaster saying that it will close at the end of 2009 and in it's place there will be a Hannah Montana/Jonas Brother's attraction."

Could this possibly be true?

:scared:

People will ride RR even if they do not like Aerosmith-I know a few people (like my sons) who would not go near it if the ride became a Hanna Montona or Jonas Bros. themed ride.

I agree w/many posters here that it would not be an improvement for this ride to have Hanna or Jonas. I am not the biggest Aerosmith fan, but they do fit this ride and I love the pre-ride "show" w/the band at the recording studio.

I also agree that it is to Aerosmith's benefit to maintain their relationship w/ this ride. They are a good commercial/public friendly rock band and they get alot of exposure from RR. There are other bands though that I think would fit like Bon Jovi or anyone w/ a more universal appeal than Hanna or JoBros-who definitely have a limited audience of teens and tweens and some of their moms!

I'd also be upset if the ride was Hannah Montana and Jonas Brothes themed...isn't hannah montana being cancelled after one more season? Seems like a waste to me.

People will ride RR even if they do not like Aerosmith-I know a few people (like my sons) who would not go near it if the ride became a Hanna Montona or Jonas Bros. themed ride.

I agree w/many posters here that it would not be an improvement for this ride to have Hanna or Jonas. I am not the biggest Aerosmith fan, but they do fit this ride and I love the pre-ride "show" w/the band at the recording studio.

I also agree that it is to Aerosmith's benefit to maintain their relationship w/ this ride. They are a good commercial/public friendly rock band and they get alot of exposure from RR. There are other bands though that I think would fit like Bon Jovi or anyone w/ a more universal appeal than Hanna or JoBros-who definitely have a limited audience of teens and tweens and some of their moms!

I don't see a an 80's hairband on Rock n Roller coaster. Aerosmith was a great choice because their appeal and music spans the generations. Boomers, Gen X, Gen Y are all fans, with 40 plus years of music. Bon Jovi Maybe, but I wouldn't be in favor of it. Bands like GnR or Poison.. no.

You need a generation spanning band... The Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Beatles (although 2 are dead)...

Maybe a band classified as an all time great... Pink Floyd, U2, Led Zeppelin, THe Who, AC/DC, Red Hot Chili Peppers... Bands that have had hits spanning generations.

Ultimately though, if you want to dump Aerosmith, to me the best solution is to rip off Universal and let you pick the song/songs at the beginning of the ride... or play different bands.

I've said it before and I will say it again. If Disney wanted to replace Aerosmith, because of an expired contract, they will not pay for another band. They would rather just pay Aerosmith that any other band. If they paid a group, like Rolling Stones, it would probably cost twice as much just for the contract. They you would have to refirbish the ride. I also do not believe that Disney would 'date' themselves by choosing Hannah Montana or JoBro. HM is already starting to fade with the older tweens. Neither will be around in 10 years. I think that the JoBro might break apart and 1 or 2 may succeed. But no group can stay on top when all they appeal to is tweens. I mean they all rank right up there with David Cassidy. Yes he was just as famous. The only difference is there is more technology..therefore more exposure for the former 2.

I firmly believe that if Disney replaces Aero they will replace them with a fake band. They will give them a fake name. This way all they have to do is hire actors to portray the fake band for the intro and change all the music with rockin' but economical music that they must buy the rights to. It will just be Rock N Roller Coaster.

I would very much like to see it re-themed as Ozzy's Crazy Train but I know it will never happen. :sad2:

I am just imagining the shrill cries of all the tween girls in the ride queue if that came to be:scared1: Can you imagine Pop Warner Cheerleaders in this queue? i had my ears blasted out by them on the POC queue and that was BEFORE Johnny Depp was added.

Oh cripes, those freakin' cheerleaders. You just made my BP go up 25 points.......

There is no such sign by the Rockin Roller Coaster. I went there yesterday just to see for myself. There is a kiosk set up for Disney Records that has Hannah Montana photos and Jonas photos with two people sitting there. No sign that says the ride will shut down and in it's place with be a Hannah Montana/Jonas Brother's attraction.

I do not where they think they saw this. But the sign does not exist people. Someone is confused with the kiosk set up in that area.

Oh thank you, Lord! Not that I am a Rock n' Roller coaster fan, but I couldn't take the shrieking teeny boppers it would have attracted if changed to Montana/Bros.

im a 16yr old boy and i absolutely love aerosmith! and their perfect for this ride! but if it cant be them what about Motley Crue? Poison? Bon Jovi? Def Leppard? or what i'd really love to see but it is IMPOSSIBLE old Guns N' Roses? id love that, just some 80's hair metal band I mean there is already the Los Angeles theme to it

GeorgiaDawg...so young and so smart!:thumbsup2 Finally someone mentioned Def Leppard! How about "Rocket?" That would work don't ya think? They have been together since the 70's, their track record is cleaner than Aerosmith, they still tour regularly. I can also see Bon Jovi taking over as well for the same reasons.:cool2:

GeorgiaDawg...so young and so smart!:thumbsup2 Finally someone mentioned Def Leppard! How about "Rocket?" That would work don't ya think? They have been together since the 70's, their track record is cleaner than Aerosmith, they still tour regularly. I can also see Bon Jovi taking over as well for the same reasons.:cool2:

I believe U2 is on Universal's label, but some of their music would fit well with a coaster. Elevation, Vertigo, Mysterious Ways, etc.

i would be really upset if disney did change the coaster to fit with hannah or the jonas brothers it just would not be the same, i love the coaster as is espically when you are about to take off and aerosmith is blasting the countdown in your ear then you take off:cool1:

Hmm... A couple of great songs if we put RnR into Ipod mode...

Magic Carpet Ride by Steppenwolf (Hear the beginning part while seated and the lyrics start RIGHT as the shotgun start happens)

Crazy Train by Ozzy

Won't get fooled again by The Who (The crescendo of the ride right when the famous YAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! happens)

Freebird by Lynard Skynard (Start the Guitar solo right at the shotgun start)

Black betty by Ram Jam

White Room by Cream

I'm sure many others...

Hmm... A couple of great songs if we put RnR into Ipod mode...

Magic Carpet Ride by Steppenwolf (Hear the beginning part while seated and the lyrics start RIGHT as the shotgun start happens)

Crazy Train by Ozzy

Won't get fooled again by The Who (The crescendo of the ride right when the famous YAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! happens)

Freebird by Lynard Skynard (Start the Guitar solo right at the shotgun start)

Black betty by Ram Jam

White Room by Cream

I'm sure many others...

I like your suggestions...plus, Break on Through by the Doors

I too have heard or shall I say read about the rumors, but from no official source. Only from someone who knows someone, so on and so forth. I highly doubt that RnR will change to Hannah or the Jonas Bros. The ride is what it is because of Aerosmith and thier music. Hannah/Jonas are only a fad and wont be around for 30 yrs. let alone a for another 5. If and only if they were to change RnR I could only see another famous, well known band thats been around for more than just a couple of years. For instance how bout Bon Jovi maybe even the Rolling Stones!!! Anybody else have any suggestions for bands if they were to change RnR, even though they wouldn't?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter