• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rock -n- Roller Coaster closed?

pammydw

They call me Mrs. Potato Head!
i have a fast pass for RNRC, but MDE says it's closed for refurb, and will be when we're there. Is it indeed, closed?

I hear its now closed through Nov 14th and I also heard a rumor of the possibility that when it reopens Aerosmith might be gone!Sounded crazy to me,not that its going to get rethemed as I'm sure that was going to happen at some point but that it would happen so quickly with no warning as I'm sure people want to ride it as it is one more time before getting rethemed.But again its just a rumor I heard on screamscape,this would be a pretty big deal and if nothing is heard about it in the next 2 weeks its not gonna happen.

I hear its now closed through Nov 14th and I also heard a rumor of the possibility that when it reopens Aerosmith might be gone!Sounded crazy to me,not that its going to get rethemed as I'm sure that was going to happen at some point but that it would happen so quickly with no warning as I'm sure people want to ride it as it is one more time before getting rethemed.But again its just a rumor I heard on screamscape,this would be a pretty big deal and if nothing is heard about it in the next 2 weeks its not gonna happen.

The emanant dropping of Aerosmith at R'n'RC has been one of THE most-often-started rumors at WDW.

It has often been reported (and re-reported) for well over a decade.
(Certainly with every refurb.)
And, the list of just which artist or group would be substituted has been long and quite controversial (as well as comical, at times.)

As you say, it WILL likely happen one day.

Last edited:

The emanant dropping of Aerosmith at R'n'RC has been one of THE most-often-started rumors at WDW.

And, the list of just which artist or group would be substituted has been long and quite controversial (as well as comical, at times.)

My favorite was the Milie Cyrus rumor a number of years ago. :rockband:

Ride the limo as it dodges the swinging Wrecking Ball!

Could be a fun new ride element! Although I'm thinking the rumor might have been prior to that song coming out.

i have a fast pass for RNRC, but MDE says it's closed for refurb, and will be when we're there. Is it indeed, closed?
It is closing for a few days but if your trip is in 4 weeks, it's not while you are there.

I hope they put in Hanson :banana::rotfl:

We will be there as of December 1st. Going to the MVMCP that night, and Haunted Mansion is closed. Then I saw on MDE that RNRC is going to be closed... Grrrrr

I also have fp's for R n'RC for the 18th & 21st of this month. I haven't gotten an email about it being closed... but, when I go to the park hours for those dates, it says closed for refurb.

Even though it is supposed to open the 9th, I wasn't able to make fast passes for any date prior to the day we leave, the 14th. I hope it ends up being open on the 12th because that is our planned HS date. This is my favorite ride at WDW.

Where are closings listed?

Various sites (including the one you are now reading) attempt to list them, but...
Refurb "lists" are some of the LEAST-posted, LAST-to-be-posted and LEAST-reliable bits of information about WDW.
Disney simply does not have a standard, reliable "advance-warning system" in place to
keep guests aware.
They sometimes post something will be closed just a month, or less, in advance.
OR, they will announce upcoming refurb dates, only to postpone or cancel a refurb as the dates approach.

We have FP for Sunday, November 13 and haven't received any notification that it's changing. Last I heard it was closed until the 9th so we're crossing our fingers that it reopens on time.

We have FP for Sunday, November 13 and haven't received any notification that it's changing. Last I heard it was closed until the 9th so we're crossing our fingers that it reopens on time.

It's scheduled to reopen 11/10 so you should be fine on the 13th

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter