• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rock 'n Roll Birthday Party

SharpMomOfTwo

DIS Veteran
Hey all -

I have a party coming up where my client wants a rock 'n roll themed birthday party for her husbands 60th. Do you have any ideas? I want to do something with records (the actual vinyls and the covers too maybe), but can't think of anything good. They DO NOT want it to be a sock hop - nothing 50s! He likes The Who, Beatles, Stones, etc. There will be about 100 people - we are not allowed to put anything on the walls.... thats about all I can think of.

TIA guys!!! :flower3:

I remember I once saw an article about somehow melting vinyl LPs by placing them on top of an upturned bowl...they would soften into a bowl shape and you could use them to put snacks or centerpieces in. I'm sorry I don't remember where I saw that...

Also I was in Bed Bath and Beyond last night, they were selling framed rock concert posters from the 60s/70s-Grateful Dead, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Ramones, and one other one-I think it was the Who? If you are having tables, maybe each table could be themed to a different band?

Good luck! Sounds like fun! :)

How about getting a cover band, particularly one that dresses, acts and sings just like the real version?

Also, there are pictures out there where it's people holding album covers over their face and then putting their arms out so it looks like they are the actual person. Perhaps you can come up with something creative with that, either to display, or have guests do their own at the party and get their pictures taken. http://yadogg.com/pictures/vinyl-sleeve-heads/

* Have guests dress as their favorite rock star
* make a Rock Mix CD (or two or more) to play during the party
* Have a Rock Karoke contest
* Have Rock Star energy drinks for guests at the party

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter