Robin Williams at PBH!!!

Hoosier

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

Just returned last night from our first US/IOA vacation. Stayed at PBH. FOTL access is great! But.........the highlight of our vacation was swimming in the Beach Pool and seeing Robin Williams enjoying the pool with his kids!!!! WOW!!!

Wow indeed!!!:eek:
Wish I could've saw him...

I bet they had to get an extra pool cleaning crew to get out all that hair!:D

I walked right past him getting onto a float for Mardi Gras on Friday night. He put his family onto the float and then he went somewhere on the parade route to take pictures of his family on the float. From what I was told they were on float 8 I really don't know what float it is. I landed up on the last universal float. I had a blast this time because I figured out how to play with the guests trying to get the beads.

You can't be serious! Man, I had just saw Death to Smoochy earlier that day too! Was he being mobbed by people???

You should have went up to Robin and told him how BAD his new movie is!!!!!!!!!!

It's also interesting to note that even though his voice is used on dozens of Disney attractions, he chooses to spend his vacation at Universal!

Originally posted by Jon360
You should have went up to Robin and told him how BAD his new movie is!!!!!!!!!!

It's also interesting to note that even though his voice is used on dozens of Disney attractions, he chooses to spend his vacation at Universal!

Yes, it's always polite to walk up to people and tell them you can't stand their work! :eek:

And what are these "dozens of Disney attractions" where his voice is featured? LOL :confused:

I'm very curious! ;)

Karen

I saw a picture of him in the paper. He was riding ET. I wondered if anyone saw him. Hope he wasn't bothered too much.

For the most part, people were leaving him alone, or the adults at least. He was surrounded by kids in the pool and he appeared to be okay with it. After about twenty minutes, a few adults started taking pictures, one or two actually went up to him and asked to have their picture taken with him (a woman sitting next to me) and he declined stating that he was with his family on vacation. He didn't stay long after that.

Too cool! Hey, Jon360, are you sure you're not from NY, that's a common thing for a NYer to do! Hey, man, what was UP wit' that last movie? It was crap!

I would've loved meeting him! I think he's hysterical! And my Mom wishes aliens would spirit him off to another planet!
:p

Ok...so the animation tour...Timekeeper is closed....or at least it was.

And yes, Disney HAS had a good working relationship with him...but he certainly isn't exclusive to them either. I just was amused by the "dozens of attractions" comment... ;) He's done work for just about every movie production company, so why wouldn't he vacation at Universal, OR Disney...It's just not that much of a stretch. LOL :D :D :D

Karen

Right...but, by "all the stuff at DisneyQuest"...are you referring to the little spiel with Genie in the elevator on the way up...or are there other things I'm forgetting?

I can't think of anything else...it's tough to get old, ya know!?!?!:rolleyes:

Karen

Yes I'm from NY. And yes I would tell him how bad his new movie is if I saw him.

Why don't you see his new movie and tell me you don't agree!

Well, unless he wrote and/or directed the movie...it's not really his fault if it stunk...but still, if you don't have anything nice to say...don't say anything at all! :)

What IS his new movie...I'm a big fan of his...but I didn't even realize he HAD a new movie out! :rolleyes:

I think it stinks that people would invade his vacation by asking for pictures with him, etc...he has a right to a vacation with his family!!! Naturally, that sort of thing happens to ME all the time! :D :D :D

Karen

His new movie is Death to Smoochy. It's about the twisted world behind children's shows. I thought Williams was funny in the movie, but everything else wasn't that funny. Keep in mind this is not a movie for the little ones!:)

Originally posted by Jon360
Yes I'm from NY. And yes I would tell him how bad his new movie is if I saw him.

Boy, we do know our language, don't we? No thanks, I think I'll skip this movie, not quite up my alley whether it was good OR bad!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter