• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Robes in the veranda cabins?

GRANDMOMMY17

Earning My Ears
Are there robes in the veranda cabins? We have booked a VGT on the Wonder and we were wondering if we needed to pack ours? Thanks

Could you use your beach coverups/oversized t-shirts instead of robes? They should be less bulky to pack.

Or better yet, buy one of the plush DCL robes when you get on board the first night. A great souvenir!

When we sailed on the Fantasy in June, my husband and I would sometimes shower in the Spa (there were 5 in our room!) to speed things along. I asked if I could "borrow" a robe from the spa to take to my room and they said I could! :cool1: I just used that robe for the duration of the cruise and left it in the bathroom when we left. :thumbsup2
It wasn't a thick lux robe but it was a white, waffle weave, calf length robe and it did the trick. You can ask the CM's in the spa......you don't know if you don't ask!

Robes are provided only in concierge cabins.

Frankly, robes are one of those things I'd decline to pack. It is just another "might be nice, but don't need it" item. My swimsuit cover up or an oversized t-shirt can do the same job, and I'm definitely bringing the swimsuit cover up anyhow.

Are you thinking of needing one going from your stateroom to the pool or to lounge around in on the verandah? If it is to use from the stateroom to the pool I would suggest some sort of swimsuit cover-up (I have one that hits mid-thigh) or even a long maxi style dress. Both would be so much easier to pack in a suitcase.

We saw people in cover-ups, long dresses and some with nothing over their swimsuit. Whatever makes you feel comfy.

I wouldn't count on the shops having kids robes. I don't remember ever seeing them. They certainly don't have everything DisneyStore.com has.

Are you thinking of needing one going from your stateroom to the pool or to lounge around in on the verandah? If it is to use from the stateroom to the pool I would suggest some sort of swimsuit cover-up (I have one that hits mid-thigh) or even a long maxi style dress. Both would be so much easier to pack in a suitcase.

We saw people in cover-ups, long dresses and some with nothing over their swimsuit. Whatever makes you feel comfy.

Well, I was thinking about having my morning cup of Joe in the veranda...if they sell "nice" robes on the ship, it would be a nice souvenir and I'll be able to use it while on board.

Cover-ups are most appropriate for walking to & from the pool. I have "cabana" pants and cover-up shirts I love to use.

Thank you for all your info. I will probably pack mine. I like to sit out on the balcony and read in the morning.

Do you think the cabin steward would bring one if you asked? I was thinking of asking on our next cruise.

I'm sailing in a month and I was thinking of buying the Romance for 2 package mainly for the robes. Do they sell the same robes and/or better on the ship? I don't care if I get the champagne and chocolates, my wife and I just want the robes to take home...or better ones from the gift shop.

I'm sailing in a month and I was thinking of buying the Romance for 2 package mainly for the robes. Do they sell the same robes and/or better on the ship? I don't care if I get the champagne and chocolates, my wife and I just want the robes to take home...or better ones from the gift shop.

We're purchasing this package for the robes too. These are the waffle-weave robes, not the terry lined ones. I like them because they are less bulky to pack. There are terry lined robes available in the onboard shops, if memory serves, for slightly under $100 each for an adult robe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter