Roaster oven

buzz1fan

DIS Veteran
I am thinking ahead for thanksgiving, and I'm debating on baking my turkey in the oven or roaster. I think the turkeys get browned better in the oven, but I was wondering if anyone bakes casserole in the roaster. I was thinking of baking my stuffing in there. Any ideas, do you make anything other than meat in your roaster?

I cooked a 14-16 pound turkey in our roaster last year. Loved it! Came out moist and browned and left the oven available for other things.

Did you use a bag for the turkey. I will be getting bigger turkey most likely about 18-20.

Did you use a bag for the turkey. I will be getting bigger turkey most likely about 18-20.

No, I don't believe I used a bag. And now that I think about it, my turkey was probably 18-20 pounds. We had 20 people for lunch and we like turkey leftovers.

I've baked stuffing plenty of times in mine - my mother uses hers for the turkey though. (I prefer oven baked myself, too).

We use the roaster to bake large quantity foods for family gatherings - squash casserole, German potatoes, green beans, etc.

Do you put your food in a glass casserole dish and place in toaster oven and cook like you would a normal oven?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter