• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Road Trippin', Cruisin' and Photo Bombin'-Our EPIC Family Vacation!NEW11/5-BIRDS..UGH

When I left off, I was drifting off to sleep dreaming of and praying for sunshine. I remember waking up around 7 and daring to take a peek out the window…..what did I see??

SUNSHINE!!! :sunny: :sunny: It looked like a beautiful day with plenty of sun and blue skies! Finally! After 2 soggy, cloudy days we were ready for some Bahamas sun!

I dozed in and out for a bit before I decided it was just too nice to lay around in bed and we ALL needed to get up! Today was our Nassau day and I was excited to get started! We were all showered, dressed, and ready for breakfast by 8:45am. On to breakfast!

This is our view from our breakfast table in the dining room.

This is what I get when I try to take pictures of my boys at breakfast!

After we enjoyed our breakfast, we decided to head up to the top deck to take a peek at Nassau from the ship. Oh….and I believe we also got some ice cream! ;)

We could not have asked for a more picture perfect day. Look at that water!

And of my two handsome boys!

It was time to get our day going, so we made our way off the ship, being sure we all had our ID and our sign and sail cards with us. Our plan for the day was to take the same self-guided walking tour of the city that Jeff and I had taken in 2010. This is the tour I used….in case you are ever in Nassau!

Nassau Walking Tour

It’s a nice tour and hits the main historic sites in the city. Dan is a big history buff and was looking forward to this tour. We also planned on eating lunch in the city. We wanted to get some conch salad and let the boys try traditional conch fritters! Other than that, we were going to do a little shopping, maybe a little beach walking, and then get back on the ship in the late afternoon to enjoy the pool.

Before anyone asks, NO we did not plan to go to Atlantis. I’m sure it is a gorgeous place with a lot to offer, don’t get me wrong. Jeff and I really wanted the boys to get a feel for another place and a different culture. There are plenty of opportunities for us to visit a big fancy resort, but few for us to experience a culture different from our own. Although I understand that Nassau is full of “tourist” attractions, our goal was to try to see the real Nassau as best we could . For that reason, we did not visit Atlantis.

For those of you who are new to my Trip Reports, I need to give you a little background information here. My husband Jeff suffers from an anxiety disorder. Large crowds and chaotic places are very difficult for him to handle. He also has panic attacks that are sometimes, but not always, caused by stress or stressful situations. He takes a daily medication to help and the anxiety and the panic attacks are fairly well controlled. But, now and then, it rears its ugly head. Keep that in mind! (Dunh, dunh, dunh….foreboding music! :worried:)

We made our way off of the ship and followed the sidewalk into Festival Place. For those new to Nassau and cruising, it is a building on the pier that all cruise passengers must pass through to get to the city. This is a picture I took off of the internet…for some reason I did not take one!

In the building are booths with tourist information, telephones, souvenir shops, etc. It is also filled with people begging for you r attention…taxi drivers, people selling boat tours….and a TON of people who are making their way off ships and into the city. It is a crazy place. :crowded: The craziness continues until you exit the building and make your way across the street. Outside are hair braiders, scooter rentals, more taxi drivers and ferry captains….you get it. Because Jeff and I had been here before, we knew exactly what to expect and we told the boys to stay together, move quickly, and don’t make eye contact! I thought we had moved through pretty well as we came out to the street! That is, until I took one look at my husband.
He looked at me and said, “Missy, I’m having a panic attack.” I will admit, I did roll my eyes. :rolleyes2 Of course….on our big vacation, on our first day at port….UGH! If you are not familiar with a panic attack, it makes the person suffering from it feel like they are having a heart attack. All the physical symptoms are there, chest pain, shortness of breath, pounding heart. This was not our first rodeo, folks! I took a deep breath and asked Jeff what he needed from me. From experience, these attacks don’t pass on their own or quickly. We needed to figure this out, and FAST! He said he just wanted to get to a place where we could sit and breathe for a minute. We knew there was a little ice cream shop just across the street that had some tables and chairs, so we made our way there. I bought the boys some Goombay punch…something we had been looking forward to…and Jeff sat down in the cool, air conditioning.

The boys enjoying their first taste of the Bahamas!

To Jeff’s credit, he was able to get through this panic attack with no medical intervention. He does have a fast acting medication that he takes in these situations, but of course, he did not bring it! But, with some deep breathing and some time, he was able to bring himself back. I must say that is an incredible feat. We landed in the hospital for his last panic attack (which was over a year ago). I was very proud of him! :hug:

With that crisis passed, we were really ready to begin our day in Nassau. I handed the map over to Dan who had agreed to be our navigator and tour guide and we headed out of the air conditioning into the hot Nassau sun! (None too soon I believe, since I had spilled my entire can of Coke while we were there and the ladies didn’t seem real pleased. YIKES!)

Our first stop was Rawson square. This square in the center of Nassau is a statue of the first governor of the Bahamas. PHOTO OP!

A quick look down a typical street as we head across the square.

Next was Parliament Square and the seat of Bahamian government. Both the House of Assembly and the Senate meet in the buildings in this square.

There is also a large statue of a very young Queen Victoria.

And two handsome young men taking a rest at the base of the statue!

Our next point of interest was the Nassau Public Library. It is a very cool building that is shaped like an octagon. And, like many buildings in the city, is painted pink! The building was built in 1797 and used to house the jail. It became the public library in 1873. The last time Jeff and I visited, the building was closed, but this time it was open so we made our way in. There is no air conditioning and the building is TINY on the inside. I was not allowed to take pictures so I’ll just have to describe it for you. The books are kept in what used to be the cells of the jail. The 8 rooms surround the center, octagon shaped, room. The books are on metal shelves and on the top of each shelf there are stacks of old, yellowing newspapers almost to the ceiling. They are bound together with twine and stacked by date. I think every issue of every newspaper ever printed in Nassau is there! Some of them looked so brittle I doubt you could even read them because the paper would crumble in your hands! There are 3 floors that are all very similar…8 rooms around the edges housing library materials. In one room there was a “museum “ of sorts that gave the history of the building. The top floor had an open area that you could go outside…it was almost like a porch or a deck that wrapped around the building. You can see it in this picture that I took before we entered.

It was so cool to be able to see the inside of this building. We were sure to sign the guest book as we made our way back out on the street to continue our tour!

We followed our trusty tour guide Dan and he pointed us in the direction of our next destination. Funny, it was really a non-destination as the Queen Victoria Hotel closed in 1971 and was later destroyed by fire. The site is now a parking lot! But apparently, the city is very proud of the parking lot and there are no plans to rebuild the hotel to its former glory.

This is what’s left!

I’m going to stop here for now. Up next we’ll finish our walking tour of the city. Does Dan get us lost? How many stairs do I have to climb? And a sweet treat that really hits the spot on a hot day!

I'm so glad Jeff made it through the panic attack! That really could have been a rough situation!

I'm enjoying your second Bahamas walking tour. I remember when you & Jeff did it a few years ago. There are some really cool points of interst!!

Been there done that on the panic attacks. I have been known to suffer from a few in the past. I had my first one while on an airplane and had no idea what was happening. I truely thought I was having a heart attack in mid air and I was only 30!!!!. If it wasn't for the fact that there was only about 10 minutes left of the flight I am sure I would have forced them to make an emergency landing:scared1:

It took me a long time to accept the fact that I needed to have medication on hand to help me through them. I have also become very good at box breathing which really helps me. Trust me when I say powering through one is no fun! However I do understand your eye roll also. I feel the same way about my DHs migraines. He can go a year without one and then has one at the most inconvenient time:confused:.

So glad you guys were able to get back on track quickly and continue with your nassau plans. I am following this part of your TR closly since I am really struggling with what to do on our nassau day for our upcoming cruise in September. Can't wait for the next update.

We're like you -- I'd skip the touristy stuff and stick with the real history and culture. :thumbsup2

Glad Jeff was able to work through his panic attack. :goodvibes

Loving the pictures!

Great pics!! I cant wait to go on another cruise but for us, it will be awhile until the boys get old enough.... Looks like sooo much fun!

Good to see that you guys woke up to a beautiful sunny day in the Bahamas! I'm proud of Jeff willing himself through the panic attack. I know someone who has them and, like you said, it made him feel like he was having a heart attack. Tell Jeff that he needs to do like John does with his "emergency medicine". Go by one of the contact lens cases that screw on. Cut it in half so that the two sides are separated. The cases are waterproof so that the medicine will never get wet from any kind of water, even sweat. John keeps it in his pocket almost 24/7.

Anyway.....back to your walking tour. Ya'll are seeing places that we drove by on our driving tour. Cool to see them up close through your pictures.

So glad you finally got a beautiful sunny day to enjoy on your trip, and that the panic attack didn't last too long. Looks like your day is off to a good start. Can't wait to hear about the rest.

The Bahamas are beautiful aren't they? My sister and I went to Freeport in 2003 as our Christmas present from our grandparents. Was absolutely beautiful. We are looking forward to taking a cruise hopefully next year.

I would do the same if I went to Nassau. You can swim or see a fancy resort any time, I would of wanted to see Nassau too. Sorry your dh got an attack. I had a few and they were right after I had my babies. I am Catholic and when I would get up to walk up to communion the panic attack set in. It happened to my sister too.

Great pictures.

Hi Missy!

Great updates!:thumbsup2 Your cruise looks like so much fun!! I'm glad the sun came out for you for your Nassau day! Beautiful pictures!!!:goodvibes I''m so glad that Jeff was able to work through his panic attack. I'm enjoying the walking tour and can't wait to see more!!

I'm so glad Jeff made it through the panic attack! That really could have been a rough situation!

I'm enjoying your second Bahamas walking tour. I remember when you & Jeff did it a few years ago. There are some really cool points of interst!!

I was glad too...you never know how it's gonna play out, but he was really able to deal with it well this time. :goodvibes

Been there done that on the panic attacks. I have been known to suffer from a few in the past. I had my first one while on an airplane and had no idea what was happening. I truely thought I was having a heart attack in mid air and I was only 30!!!!. If it wasn't for the fact that there was only about 10 minutes left of the flight I am sure I would have forced them to make an emergency landing:scared1:

It took me a long time to accept the fact that I needed to have medication on hand to help me through them. I have also become very good at box breathing which really helps me. Trust me when I say powering through one is no fun! However I do understand your eye roll also. I feel the same way about my DHs migraines. He can go a year without one and then has one at the most inconvenient time:confused:.

So glad you guys were able to get back on track quickly and continue with your nassau plans. I am following this part of your TR closly since I am really struggling with what to do on our nassau day for our upcoming cruise in September. Can't wait for the next update.

New update coming right up!

We're like you -- I'd skip the touristy stuff and stick with the real history and culture. :thumbsup2

Glad Jeff was able to work through his panic attack. :goodvibes

Loving the pictures!

Thanks Carissa!

Great pics! :)

:) thank you!

Great pics!! I cant wait to go on another cruise but for us, it will be awhile until the boys get old enough.... Looks like sooo much fun!

We really had a great time! :woohoo:

Good to see that you guys woke up to a beautiful sunny day in the Bahamas! I'm proud of Jeff willing himself through the panic attack. I know someone who has them and, like you said, it made him feel like he was having a heart attack. Tell Jeff that he needs to do like John does with his "emergency medicine". Go by one of the contact lens cases that screw on. Cut it in half so that the two sides are separated. The cases are waterproof so that the medicine will never get wet from any kind of water, even sweat. John keeps it in his pocket almost 24/7.

Anyway.....back to your walking tour. Ya'll are seeing places that we drove by on our driving tour. Cool to see them up close through your pictures.

That's a good idea with the contact case. The problem is that Jeff just feels like he won't need them so he doesn't bring it along. UGH! I need to start packing the meds! :thumbsup2

So glad you finally got a beautiful sunny day to enjoy on your trip, and that the panic attack didn't last too long. Looks like your day is off to a good start. Can't wait to hear about the rest.

I was so happy to see the sun!

The Bahamas are beautiful aren't they? My sister and I went to Freeport in 2003 as our Christmas present from our grandparents. Was absolutely beautiful. We are looking forward to taking a cruise hopefully next year.

So pretty! Just like a postcard! :cloud9:

What a gorgeous day! :sunny:

I'm so glad that Jeff was able to pull it together; it could have been awful if he needed medical attention on vacation!

Looking forward to more...

Kathy

I can't even imagine what we would have done...the first thing we would have tried was sending him back to the ship to lie down for a bit. Then maybe the infirmary?? Who knows...I'm so glad it didn't come to that.

I would do the same if I went to Nassau. You can swim or see a fancy resort any time, I would of wanted to see Nassau too. Sorry your dh got an attack. I had a few and they were right after I had my babies. I am Catholic and when I would get up to walk up to communion the panic attack set in. It happened to my sister too.

Great pictures.

It's nice to hear that people understand the panic attack thing. It's tough to explain!

Hi Missy!

Great updates!:thumbsup2 Your cruise looks like so much fun!! I'm glad the sun came out for you for your Nassau day! Beautiful pictures!!!:goodvibes I''m so glad that Jeff was able to work through his panic attack. I'm enjoying the walking tour and can't wait to see more!!

Hi Angie! Thanks! New update coming up soon!

When I last left off, we were on our walking tour of the city of Nassau. We had just passed by the amazing parking lot that had once been the site of the Royal Victoria Hotel. Daniel, our trusty map reader and navigator extraordinaire, was leading us to our next stop, the Queen’s Staircase. This limestone staircase is cut into the rock wall and was built by slaves using only handtools in the late 1700s. It was renamed to honor Queen Victoria. It is said that the 66 steps commemorate each year of her 66 year reign. As we entered the site, a local man began to share with us the history of the staircase. Because we had been here before, Jeff and I knew that he would ask for a tip at the end, but he was so interesting and full of information so we didn’t mind. Dan loved hearing all of the history…even if the man was a bit hard to understand!

Entering the area of the Queen’s Staircase

A very cool tree with its roots growing on the rock walls.

A family was nice enough to take a group shot for us!

After our history lesson from the local man, we needed a potty break. Poor Dan was the last one out of the men’s room!

Looking up…so pretty!

More cool root formations.

Jonah doing his best lizard impression!

The area at the bottom of the staircase is shady and beautiful. But it was time to climb the 66 steps and head to Fort Fincastle at the top! So, 66 may not seem like a lot, but remember we had been walking all over the city! And it was hot and humid! We made it though….I won’t lie, I may have had to take a break about halfway up to catch my breath.

At the top of the Queen’s Staircase is Fort Finastle. It was built in 1793 by Lord Dunmore who was governor of the island at the time. The fort was built to offer protection for the island and its port from pirates and the like! Although it never saw action, it is impressive to see and the view is spectacular! I believe it cost $1 per person to enter.

Checking out the view from the cannons!

The view of the harbor as seen from atop Fort Fincastle.

All of my boys!

Me and my boys!

Jonah took one of Jeff and I!

I love this one!

We found a little lizard friend who was enjoying the sun as much as we were!

Umm…I have no explanation for this kid! Isaiah is a goofball!

Some pretty flowering trees.

After exploring the fort for a bit, it was time to head out and finish up our tour of the city. This is where we got a bit turned around and just slightly “lost.” Dan was great at reading the map, but at this one point we were supposed to be looking for an archway, called Gregory Arch. The way the map was and the way the streets were laid out was very confusing and we ended up missing it and heading down the wrong street. We walked a bit before we realized we must be going the wrong way because we were headed away from the city center rather than toward it. It didn’t take long to figure out our mistake and we were back on track. A note here…when Jeff and I had done this tour in 2010, there was a state function at the government house so some streets had been closed off. We never did this part of the tour so it was completely unfamiliar to us. I was so proud of Dan’s ability to navigate and read the map. He most certainly does not get that skill from me!

Okay…here’s the archway we were looking for!

The arch was cut into the hill in 1850 to allow the working class Bahamians to pass through it rather than to have to climb the steep hill.

Next up was St. Andrews Kirk, or Church. It was built in 1810 and had the first non-Anglican parishioners in the Bahamas.

Continued in next post....

As we made our way back to the center of the city, we passed Government House. This house is the official home of the governor-general, a largely ceremonial post today as the actual governing is done by the elected Prime Minister. This is where there was some ceremony or event on our 2010 trip that shut down a few roads and made it impossible for us to complete the tour. It was fun to see things we had not seen before!

The front of Government House…the statue is of Christopher Columbus.

I loved all the pretty flowers in bloom and tried to capture some of the vibrant colors.

Following Dan down a typical street on our tour.

It was about 12:30 when we reached the end of our tour which landed us back in the center of Nassau. We knew we wanted to do some shopping at the Straw Market, but we also did not want to carry our purchases all day. Our only plan at this point was to get lunch at some point and take in the sights for a while before getting back on the ship. As we were trying to decide a plan of attack, we happened upon this cute little Shaved Ice shop. What a perfect way to beat the heat and have a little break so we could plan our next activity! We entered the cool air conditioning of the empty shop ….AHHH!!! HOW NICE! The locals who ran the shop were very friendly and patient while we tried to decide what flavors we wanted. There was a board listing about 75 different choices and you could choose up to 3. Oh my! We all made our choices and sat down to enjoy our sweet, and cool, treat!

I can’t even remember what flavors we got, but I remember Jonah’s was some crazy combination of Sour Apple and Bubble Gum! They also had a sour spray you could use to make your flavors extra sour!

It turned our tongues crazy colors….SEE!

It was such a good idea to stop at this shop! The shaved ice was delicious and really hit the spot. It also gave us a chance to regroup and make a plan for the rest of the day. We settled on heading to a restaurant called the Bahamian Kitchen for lunch. Jeff and I had eaten there in 2010 and it was a great local place to get authentic Bahamian food. Then we would head toward the beach and take a stroll before going to the Market to do a little shopping. Plan in hand, we left the coolness of the shop and hit the hot Nassau street!

Next up…OH NO! It’s closed??

Our Nassau day, to this point, had been going perfectly. (Barring the early panic attack, of course!) We had taken our walking tour and seen the historic sites of the city, had a delicious and refreshing snack and were ready to tackle part two of our day. LUNCH was first on the agenda! (Yep…we had our dessert first!)
When Jeff and I visited in 2010 we found a cute little restaurant called the Bahamian Kitchen. It was in the heart of town and was frequented by local businessmen. The food was traditional Bahamian…and delicious! We hoped to take the boys there for lunch so we left the shaved ice shop and made our way toward its location. As we walked there, we encountered a local cab driver who wanted to know where we were headed and if we needed a ride. We assured him that we knew where we were going and were perfectly happy to walk. He pushed a bit…in a nice, friendly, Bahamas way…and Jeff told him where we planned to have lunch. Much to our disappointment, he told us that the Bahamian Kitchen had closed. SO SAD! He offered us some other choices (and told us about some places to steer clear of) and of course, offered to drive us to wherever we chose! Again, we politely told him that we preferred to walk and thanked him for his hospitality! Faced with a new decision to make, we continued to walk. As we mulled over our choices we passed the Nassau Pirate Museum. We did not plan to visit on this trip as it was $12 per person and with 5 of us that really adds up! But, we did take advantage of the photo ops set up outside.

We knew we wanted to have an authentic Bahamian lunch so we headed in the direction of a restaurant called Fish Fry. We had heard good things and decided to try it! We made our way toward the shoreline and the harbor, knowing that we could walk along the beach in the direction we wanted to go. We passed by Junkanoo Beach, a public beach with lots of little huts selling cocktails and food. Wanting to put our feet in the beautiful water, we hurried past the crowded part of the beach and made our way to the water. We walked along the water for as long as we could until we had to walk on the sidewalk again for a bit. We could see what looked like a commercial area in the distance so we were aimlessly making our way toward it. We assumed that was where the restaurant was located. As we walked we hear music in the distance. There was a decorated truck and some costumed dancers in what looked like a parade. It was on the other side of the divided street and a few blocks ahead of us so we didn’t get a really good look but it was cool!

I think we walked about a mile, maybe a little less. Everywhere you looked it was like looking at a postcard!

We did notice that our tummies were starting to growl so we were glad to see we had reached the “end of the line” so to speak. It was an area that had a lot of brightly colored restaurants that I believe is called Arawak Bay. I took this pic from the internet to give you an idea.

All of the restaurants said “fish fry” in one form or another so we weren’t sure which one was THE Fish Fry we were looking for. We decided to just choose one! There was an old man on the porch and he was beckoning us over, so we followed! The inside was cool and welcoming! We ordered some conch fritters, conch salad, a platter of fried conch and a platter of fried fish to share. The conch was so fresh…we could see them harvesting conch right outside the window! The conch salad, a favorite of Jeff’s and mine, was delicious! It is fresh conch with chopped onions, jalapenos, red and green pepper, tomatoes and cilantro. It is dressed with a light citrus dressing. The boys found it to be a little spicy, but Jeff and I really enjoyed it. The boys did like the conch fritters as well as the fried conch.

We obviously did not choose the very popular Fish Fry that you read about, but the food was fresh, the service was fantastic and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal! We tend to like the off the beaten path restaurant as opposed to the tourists’ favorite anyway, so it all worked out!
With our bellies full, we were ready to make the walk back along the beach. This time we planned to take our time and enjoy the scenery since our stomachs weren’t urging us to move quickly!
Jeff found a cool spot to relax while the boys waded in the gorgeous water.

There was also some time for some pictures!

My son is a goofball!

A look toward Nassau Harbor.

When we got back to Junkanoo Beach, we plopped down for a bit and soaked up some sun. It was about now that we wished we had come prepared to swim a bit. The best we could do in our street clothes was to splash around in the water a bit.
By about 3:00, we were ready to do some shopping and head back to the ship. I was eager to get to the Straw Market and do some bartering!

We were pleasantly surprised to see that the Market building had been rebuilt since our last trip. In 2010, the Market was being housed in giant white tents due to a fire. The new building is nicer. The market is not for everyone….my husband, for instance, struggles a bit. It is crowded and the vendor’s stalls are very tightly packed in there. The aisles for walking are very narrow and it is very warm! It’s a lot to take in, for sure! I love it! I found a cute bag I wanted and saw it at a few stalls before finally purchasing it for $15 after negotiating with the seller from $30. I love the whole process of bartering, but my family was not so sure. I think they were a bit shy. They prefer to have a price tag! Oh well, I had fun!
The area is filled with shops aside from the market, so we did duck into a few of those. I believe Jonah bought a t-shirt but we didn’t really buy a whole lot. Mostly we window shopped and just soaked in the atmosphere. We found a local food mart and the boys all bought some Goombay punch to take back with us as well as a few local candy bars. My husband loves the Bounty Bar. It’s kind of like a Mounds bar, but with dark chocolate. YUM!
It was about 4:15 when we had enough shopping and were ready to go back to our home away from home, the Carnival Ecstasy. We headed back through the Festival Center and got in line with the rest of the returning cruise passengers with our ID in hand. One more photo before we get back on the ship.

Oh….and this ship was docked with us that day!

CONTINUED NEXT POST….

By 4:30 we had made it back onto the Ecstasy. It had been a great day and we were so ready to hit the pool! But first…a picture of the island from our cabin window.

A quick change later, we were all suited up and ready for some pool time!

Jeff and I took a ride with Jonah on the waterslide as well. So fun! It was so nice to relax on deck after all the walking in the hot sun all day.

A view of Atlantis…the Nassau we did NOT see…from deck.

And a few pool pics!

If I remember correctly, Jeff and I took a little time to relax in the room while getting ready for dinner. I know for sure that I dozed off for a bit! We really wanted to catch the sunset since it was the first clear night we had. We got dressed for dinner early and made our way back up to the deck to be sure we didn’t miss it. Jonah joined us, I believe, while the two older boys used the shower and got ready for dinner.

We had a mini photo session on deck before the sun began its show.

(That ship behind me is the Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas and it was HUGE! It was easily half again as long as our ship and had at least 4-5 more decks. It also had a helicopter landing pad on the front deck. WOW! It was impressive!)

Beautiful Nassau at sunset.

Now…sit back, relax and enjoy the absolutely AMAZING sunset we were privileged to see. Imagine the warm Caribbean breeze blowing through your hair and a tropical drink in your hand…..

Wasn’t that spectacular! We vowed to encourage the older boys to come see the sunset with us the next night. It is like nothing else.

As we headed to dinner, I noticed this as I looked up in the Grand Atrium. The glass ceiling is all lit up with neon. So cool!

Our magician friend visited us again at dinner and amazed our tablemates! He was really very good at the close-up magic!

I don’t remember what we ate exactly, but Isaiah had a burger! (I believe he ordered 2 entrees this night…the walking made him hungry!)

The waiters danced for us…Witchit was gettin’ down!

After dinner, we went to the Game of Love comedy show in the theater. The MC was the cruise director who we really enjoyed. The “newlywed game” type show was so funny! I remember laughing so hard I was crying! What some people will share with total strangers….LOL!

It was a big night on the ship as tonight was the midnight buffet and Caribbean Beach Party on deck. We did make an appearance there and watched some of the festivities and had some food at the buffet. (Like we NEEDED that….) I think Jonah went to a movie with his Circle C buddies. Dan also hit the dance club again with his friend. Jeff, Isaiah, and I stayed at the party a while, then headed to bed around 12:30 or so. Our friend was waiting for us…

It had been a nearly PERFECT day! I was ready for some sleep and excited for our private island stop the next day! We were going to go snorkeling and do some more soaking in the sun!

What a full, fun day you all had exploring! :thumbsup2 We're a lot like you--we prefer things off the beaten path. I'm not a big fan of "touristy" things. I'd rather be immersed in the real culture.

Too bad that restaurant wasn't open, but sounds like you had a wonderful lunch anyway. :goodvibes

And a gorgeous sunset to finish it off. I love taking the time to check out sunrises and sunsets. They're amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter