Road trip from WDW to NY

poohteacher

Mouseketeer
We have been regular August visitors to WDW for the past 10 years or so. Last year, at the request of my DH, we did something a bit different. We flew to San Francisco and took a two week road trip down the Pacific Coast to San Diego (with a few days at DL, of course! We had never been!) Anyway, the trip worked out well. We still had our annual Disney fix, but we also got to do some other kinds of activities and we found that taking a road trip was pretty exciting.
So....while planning this year's summer vacation, we started thinking that maybe we would do something similar. Our plan is for my girls and I (13 and 10) to fly to Orlando ahead of my husband. (Unfortunately, he doesn't have a solid two weeks this year). He will fly down and meet us there. After spending a few days in the world together, we will rent a car and drive back home to NY.

What suggestions do any of you have for places we should stop, stay or look around on our way home? We also welcome good ideas on where to eat and how long to stay! Thanks!

A lot will depend on what your interests are and how much time you have. We recently returned from FL.
On the way down we made a stop at the NC/SC border on I81 to make a visit to Carowinds theme park.
In the northern half of VA off of I81 is Luray Caverns which is good for a quick stop.
Going up I95... I have heard the Savannah is nice.
If you have the time you could make a side trip to Williamsburg in VA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter